Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

How much longer.....

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

"IM NOT WRONG ABOUT ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING REGARDING THE HEAD COACH BECAUSE HAD THIS ONE PLAYER NOT SIGNED THAT OBVS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED"

Jesus ****ing wept this is a new level even for this forum 

The guy's an absolute cretin

• Like 1

Not very fair dragging up an old post “shaming” those giving their opinions on whether a HC was gona make it or not in the utter benefit of 20/20.

At the same time, there was so much teeth gnashing after three games in. Bit early to call for his head when the team in his season before was not fully formed as one of his own and secondly the players bought in specifically for this season hadn’t gelled yet.

BUT nobody’s perfect, I for one was p155ed after Leeds loss at home and there’s not one of us here that can honestly say you knew we’d be promoted via the autos in after Farke’s second season in charge, I thought we’d be lucky to get 8th. Here we are. 

The nature of football forums eh? I just hope after we get tonked by PL teams three games in a row people can show the same resilience against being rash and aggy and chucking the baby out with the bath water every time something goes slightly awry.. but I guess that’s likely a stretch, and in fairness it does provide some light entertainment on here. Best get that Valium order in early those of a nervous disposition. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We've not got a home game left but maybe we could fit this into the celebrations on Monday? 😁

Well if it gets me on the bus I guess...

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2018 at 11:14, hogesar said:

The problem for me is people are making these rash judgements 3 games in and, to reasonably do that youd think we would have lost heavily against 3 perceived poor teams in this division.

The reality is 2 have been away and 1 was at home to a relegated prem team who have a very good squad. Better than ours, like it or not.

But to then look further into those three games:

- first game point away from home, scoring 2 goals.

- second game the game swung on us missing a penalty and the goalkeeper palming into his own net. Neither controllable by Farke

- yesterday we battled well in a physical game and missed two great chances in the second half, conceding in the last few seconds of what would otherwise have been a good point away.

Now I know its in fans nature to, somewhat unintelligently over react and emphasise negatives but taking a step back I think we have a better squad, we are attacking quicker particularly on the counter and we have real attacking weapons in our team now.

I would be very disappointed if some of our numbskull fans decided it was time to rip it all up at this stage and make Carrow Road a horrible place to play football because despite TWO (YES, LITERALLY ONLY 2) disappointing results I think we are heading in the right direction.

Big moment everyone. I actually got something right. 

I once told my mate that Blomqvist was going to be better than Henry, based on their respective performances on the left wing in Serie A. Fair to say, I totally nailed that one.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 18:07, Canary Wundaboy said:

"Happy with a draw" is the mentality within this club since Lambert left.

Owners are nice people.
Farke is a nice guy.
Players content to sit back.

We haven''t gone out with a really aggressive streak to put opponents to the sword since Lambert was our manager.

Considering what's happened since, this is pure poetry 😂

On 19/08/2018 at 11:03, Indy said:

And you just made the cake for Farke, Kingo!

Exactly that, you buy a Budget ford, you can’t expect to compete with a high end BMW, no matter how good your mechanic is!

This guy's one heck of a mechanic !

• Like 1

A couple of days ago i started watching the game highlights of all  the games  from the opening game of the season, one after the other.

Its is interesting at the start of each game to see the team sheet and formation set out and then watch the game highlights.

In this condensed form the evolution of the team,  players and tactics became apparent over the months.

Player positions changed, formation changed, and players were dropped or became out of favour as Farke adapted to the performances on the field and the results. 

The rest, they say, is history. Patience and Trust were the victors.

10 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

This guy's one heck of a mechanic !

The best! Hold my hands up, but I did defend Farke on a thread a few games later saying I could see his style and if it clicked would be similar to the way Liverpool play...

Well sometimes you get a Ross Brawn who is a master in overseeing a bunch of mechanics and designers which turn a very standard team into world champions....we’ve definitely found that formula and as I said today on the other thread credit to Delia, Webber and all the staff including Farke and the players, great job going back to youth, hunger and style.👍

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

The best! Hold my hands up, but I did defend Farke on a thread a few games later saying I could see his style and if it clicked would be similar to the way Liverpool play...

Well sometimes you get a Ross Brawn who is a master in overseeing a bunch of mechanics and designers which turn a very standard team into world champions....we’ve definitely found that formula and as I said today on the other thread credit to Delia, Webber and all the staff including Farke and the players, great job going back to youth, hunger and style.👍

You did defend DF Indy, however at the time even you didn't think that miracles could happen 

As Ron Manager would say "Phew,football eh?" 

ROFL.......wtf do any of us know about football🤣🤣

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

We've not got a home game left but maybe we could fit this into the celebrations on Monday? 😁

A float was organised to follow the bus parade on Monday. Gallows were arranged with the names of Pant Wetters above them in neon lights. Each squad member in turn was going to take a turn pulling the levers (although I'm sure Todd would pull the wrong one and Krul would trip up in the steps to get there). Even a beamback for those waiting for Wes Vs Russ.

Sadly, the council got wind and didn't want an accusation of double standards over the Lord Mayor's procession eco-row so it's cancelled.

The compromise is a carefully selected bunch of posters will bring up threads from August-October to remind those looking for instant gratification next season to take a long hard look at themselves before posting reactionary sh1te so quickly.

Maybe.

• Like 1

One thing I've learnt on here is that you can rarely change someone else's opinion. I have tended to stay away from these kind of threads whenever I have found the discipline. I've always believed in what Farke has talked about, his dominance through possession mantra. I saw it last year. I've also been a fan of his interest in the stats and analytics...last year we created many chances (but we didn't convert). I've always loved how he talks about the game, in defeat or after winning.

Even at Birmingham, first game, I saw something different. I don't think I posted about my prediction but felt top 6 was very much on.

Yet, to have had the season we've had has exceeded all my expectations. It's been wonderful. 

If we get relegated next season, then fail to go straight back up the season after I'm going to come on here and delight in posting lots of told you so's, resurrecting lots of old threads as I would have been proven to be correct and the ones with a contrary view proven to be idiots!

How good would that make me look???  Yeah baby!  😎

Edited by norfolkbroadslim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

If we get relegated next season, then fail to go straight back up the season after I'm going to come on here and delight in posting lots of told you so's as I would have been proven to be correct and the ones with a contrary view proven to be idiots!

How good would that make me look???  Yeah baby!  😎

😀👍 Some of those writers on Ye Olde Pinkun letters page from the Anti-Watling party are still waiting for their I Told You So Moment.

And I still think beating West Ham will relegate us.

• Haha 1

Sure some of those opinions look hasty now, but that’s not the list of shame. (The new system wasn’t working at that point. Credit to those who kept the faith.)

The  list of shame is the subset of names who are still attacking our successful and impressive team and club! Or can’t bear to engage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Sure some of those opinions look hasty now, but that’s not the list of shame. (The new system wasn’t working at that point. Credit to those who kept the faith.)

The  list of shame is the subset of names who are still attacking our successful and impressive team and club! Or can’t bear to engage.

Yes, true. We can name 3 or 4 of those. Perhaps they may surface again when we are doing our summer transfers, then on our first defeat, then.......etc

Nothing like predicting the future to make you look like a tw@ in it.

Edited by CanaryChris

I must reply to that young man with nearly 41000 posts whose name escapes me !! Having re-read the WBA early season match report it would seem that we actually played quite well although for me we had not moved to any extent compared with the previous season. But from the Ipswich game onwards we suddenly moved up several gears. From the technical side we certainly reduced the slow square passing build up and replaced it with short forward triangular moves finding players in space. Most teams play a rigid four across the pitch in midfield but one quality forward pass immediatedly takes out four of the defensive shield. Additionally playing two young pacy full backs virtually allows them to play as wingers against many sides. So our results brought in a lot of confidence, certainly in the case of Stieperman, Buendia and Hernandez. Clearly over time our fitness levels improved. In common with many, including the eminent Ricardo, at the beginning of the season I could not see this coming. Perhaps our problem was that we did not possess that great quality - the glorious benefit of hindsight. Too old to know what a "nancy" is but looks as if I might be one !!!