Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

How much longer.....

On 19/08/2018 at 00:02, TIL 1010 said:
What you have said Indy is right but it will be Farke''s head on the block as Delia appointed Balls who in turn appointed Webber who got in Farke. Which one of those four do you really think will be the fall guy for this continual downgrading of our club ? 
It is just so depressing and this self funding model will only see us heading in one direction.

to the PL it would seem 😊

On 18/08/2018 at 19:19, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Webber walked into a financial mess left by predecessors. ...done a job to get us back on an even keel financially.

Daniel Farke and his coaching staff are current the weakest part of this football club.

Said it last season and will continue to say it, he has no pedigree or substance to ever have been qualified to be given a job like this. We can laugh at ipswich for giving a lower league manager like hurst a job .....but we took one who was managing in the German regional fourth division....and not even a football clubs first team but their reserves playing in front of one man an a dog.....but because he was German people fell the all the mystique that surrounded it......it all smoke and mirrors, the guy just isn''t going to cut it in championship football

🤣

I’m glad to say I was on the ‘right’ side of the fence from the off🙂....the signs were there that progress had been made and my, how it turned out😀!

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m glad to say I was on the ‘right’ side of the fence from the off🙂....the signs were there that progress had been made and my, how it turned out😀!

Here's a list of those on the 'wrong' side in this thread alone. I wonder if they'll come on here with their 'excuses'? 

dylanisabaddog
coops
Making Plans
Orly
Dr Greenthumb
Tetteys Jig
Canary Wundaboy
Keith Scott
he
komakino
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
Mike
pete
The Big Bad Wolf
Herman
Darth Canary1
norfolkbroadslim
Yellowhammer
king canary
bringbackchippy
iron_stan
lincoln canary 
TIL 1010
BroadstairsR
City 2nd
vlad666
Time to go Delia
Year of the tiger
FCC

14 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Here's a list of those on the 'wrong' side in this thread alone. I wonder if they'll come on here with their 'excuses'? 

dylanisabaddog
coops
Making Plans
Orly
Dr Greenthumb
Tetteys Jig
Canary Wundaboy
Keith Scott
he
komakino
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
Mike
pete
The Big Bad Wolf
Herman
Darth Canary1
norfolkbroadslim
Yellowhammer
king canary
bringbackchippy
iron_stan
lincoln canary 
TIL 1010
BroadstairsR
City 2nd
vlad666
Time to go Delia
Year of the tiger
FCC

I said earlier in this thread:  "There was plenty to be displeased with, even with a draw."  No more, no less.

Being that subjectively I was displeased with that particular performance automatically places me on the wrong side, does it?

I hope you're never in the position to be the judge of anything remotely serious.  Like what to have for dinner, or whether to wear trousers.  

Quite happy to admit I lost a bit of faith in Farke at the beginning of the season, RTB. I wasn't calling for his head on a plate on every thread, and I also knew what was being attempted was the right move, it just didn't seem to be clicking and if he had been replaced I wouldn't have been upset. Profuse apologies to Daniel for not backing him 100%. I can't always get it right.

RTB  I will confess that I should have been on your list. After the early season WBA game I commented "with the best will in the world just cannot see DF will take us anywhere"  "when we were 3-1 down he looked completely lost on the bench" Having watched the Canaries for over 70 years,  in common with many others, I did not think our prospects looked good. We were simply playing slow square passing possession football mainly in our own half with little pressure applied in the opponents penalty area. Within the space of 6 months we are playing completely different football and the change in such a short time is as they say "AMAZING". I have never seen any side create such a transformation in such a short time. I have never witnessed a "miracle" but this must close to what it is. I sometimes wonder if one of the assistant coaches has changed the style etc. It is remarkable. I also believe this side will hold its own in the premiership. BUT don't rely on my judgement !!!!!

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 17:58, Making Plans said:
He''ll get it all sorted in several seasons time according to some on here.
Suggest he best get his skates on though because unless things change quickly he ain''t goona get several seasons

He sure showed those pessimists 😉

On 18/08/2018 at 23:10, lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) said:

How ironically short sighted.

Look at Farke and Webber’s performances holistically ffs.

A thread brimming with flapping basket cases. Some of the commentary here is nothing short of shameful, I just don't understand how people can lower themselves to it.

This Lincoln guy is surely the worst of the lot, hands down the most pitiful excuse for a City 'fan' I have ever encountered on the internet. Misery personified.

Thank you Delia, Michael, Webber, Farke and this talented and hungry squad of players for giving us a rolls royce of a season and memories and moments that will last a lifetime 💛💚

Also a shout out to Hogesar and LDC for the much needed balance, it seems not all heroes wear capes 😂

Edited by Norwich R Us

I'm on the naughty list. I had belief in what we doing but i had doubts about farke at the start of the season. I thought the team was good enough and he wasn't getting enough out of it. I was wrong and I probably will be again at some point.

Edited by Darth Canary1

2 hours ago, vos said:

RTB  I will confess that I should have been on your list. After the early season WBA game I commented "with the best will in the world just cannot see DF will take us anywhere"  "when we were 3-1 down he looked completely lost on the bench" Having watched the Canaries for over 70 years,  in common with many others, I did not think our prospects looked good. We were simply playing slow square passing possession football mainly in our own half with little pressure applied in the opponents penalty area. Within the space of 6 months we are playing completely different football and the change in such a short time is as they say "AMAZING". I have never seen any side create such a transformation in such a short time. I have never witnessed a "miracle" but this must close to what it is. I sometimes wonder if one of the assistant coaches has changed the style etc. It is remarkable. I also believe this side will hold its own in the premiership. BUT don't rely on my judgement !!!!!

I get confused VOS because that WBA game we played better than many of the subsequent games. It was similar performance to Derby. Then the Leeds game was similar to Forest except we'd got more self belief by then and got the three goals back.

Why did you think we were so poor against WBA?

5 hours ago, vos said:

We were simply playing slow square passing possession football mainly in our own half with little pressure applied in the opponents penalty area.

This is just wrong.

Last season this would’ve been a valid criticism but has certainly not been the case at any point this season.

Thats why this thread and the many others at the beginning of the season deserve mention. Too many impatient fans who couldn’t see beyond the score line. 

There was a lot of promise in those early games and fortunately some could see that. Shame it was only a minority though

On 18/08/2018 at 23:17, Essjayess said:

Gawd there''s some tripe on here tonight.   We''re three games in, the season has only just started and some of you are talking as if it''s already over. Get a grip!

Now now Lakey, let the moaning minnies have their misery wallowing, its at times like this they flood the forum with their tripe which somehow makes them feel better.

For the record, i am optimistic for our season, we are not so far away  now from being a side that will produce the points  much more than these lot think. Farke out?...ridiculous.

Happy i was in the Lakey / Bill camp looking back at those mid August impatients. Yes, even then, so early, i felt optimistic about this season, although never expected to be entering the  season finale  match with a great chance to be Champions. But i always viewed the whole picture, the club practically being restructured so quickly, Colney, the old team dismantled etc etc. Sometimes, in circumstances like this, positive results on the pitch can be the final piece of the jigsaw and so it proved to be, but even then, 3 games in, even some of the wrong siders admitted the attacking part was beginning to improve . I just had a positive feel, coupled with patience, that the SW /DF combo would bring back  some good times.

Don't mind admitting I was wrong on this at all !

In my near 40 yrs of watching us, I'm rarely wrong in judging a manager ...and can usually detect fairly early on if one is going to 'work' here or not..and when its the beginning of the end and in that time i'll happily hold my hands up and say I've never been more spectacularly wrong as I have over Farke.

But...

You can only say it at the time as you see it.

Last season's home record garnered one one of , if not the lowest points totals and goals totals in those nearly 40 yrs...and most certainly the lowest entertainment levels I've ever seen, we pulled out the odd scrapped 1-0 win away from home (usually scored by Maddison)..to keep us above any relegation issues.

There was certainly no evidence , other than Arsenal and Chelsea away and Villa at home of us approaching anything like the style of football we've seen this season and anyone who says there was , is lying.

Roll on to this season and a slow start, The 0-3 defeat to Leeds showed the level of the 'then' best team in this league and we appeared a million miles from that...and again, if anyone thought then that we could come anywhere close to that, I wonder if theyre being honest?

Something clearly happened on the training pitches at Colney in the 2 week international break in September between the Ipswich away and Middlesbrough home matches...and suddenly we could see some sort of pattern of play, everybody to a man looked comfortable on the ball, something not seen in the previous year and a bit....and what we've seen since is some of the best football I've witnessed here since Stringer's 88/89 team.

Yes I committed the terrible crime of being wrong about a football manager on the internet.

Where do I sign up for my half time public flogging at Carrow Road?

10 hours ago, Orly said:

I said earlier in this thread:  "There was plenty to be displeased with, even with a draw."  No more, no less.

Being that subjectively I was displeased with that particular performance automatically places me on the wrong side, does it?

I hope you're never in the position to be the judge of anything remotely serious.  Like what to have for dinner, or whether to wear trousers.  

Similarly I don't see anything in my posts I'd feel any need to recant.

- Farke wasn't getting the most out of the squad

- He deserved more time as the football was better but results still matter

- We were defending badly

- Webber had done an excellent job.

Hardly controversy central but ho hum, some folks want to score some internet points I guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes I committed the terrible crime of being wrong about a football manager on the internet.

It was me that started it. Along with many others I posted an apology on this forum a long time ago. But before you all get to carried away with Farke have a look at my post about the influence of Emi. Farke is clearly a thoroughly decent bloke and a great coach but if someone else hadn't signed Buendia for him he wouldn't have lasted the season. 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It was me that started it. Along with many others I posted an apology on this forum a long time ago. But before you all get to carried away with Farke have a look at my post about the influence of Emi. Farke is clearly a thoroughly decent bloke and a great coach but if someone else hadn't signed Buendia for him he wouldn't have lasted the season. 

Yeah I looked, that post is pretty much nonsense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Credit to Lakey - he called it tripe on page 3.

People accuse me of being contrary for the sake of it, but the post after post of pant wetting after three games needed someone to stand up and call it out for what it was. A whole new bunch of players and people expecting it to work straight away just seemed ridiculous. 

But given the amount of concern and rumblings of discontent, it was clear that the fourth game - against Preston, was going to be crucial to our season. It was so important to get that first win and it was a real struggle, but the tenacity and determination were there to make it happen - and Pukki's first absolute quality goal (the one against WBA wasn't such a clean strike). 

Patience doesn't feature for a lot of football fans, but there were plenty of good signs in the first five games, despite the poor results. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes three games Lakey. A draw at Brum. 4-3 defeat v WBA and losing at Sheff Utd in added time. We hadn't played Leeds.

I honestly don't understand how those results spawned this thread. WBA was one of our best home performances of the season. Better than many that came later. Sheff Utd away was another good performance in defeat. Birmingham was a decent point.

I was a big critic up to xmas 2017. But after that improvement became obvious. Did no one else see it? Really?

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

People accuse me of being contrary for the sake of it, but the post after post of pant wetting after three games needed someone to stand up and call it out for what it was. A whole new bunch of players and people expecting it to work straight away just seemed ridiculous. 

Truth is, the pant wetting has continued right up to last week, now that we're over the line, some are in fear of losing to Villa, we're up for Chrissakes, enjoy it. 

We as a support need to be stronger for the fight that is heading our way potentially next season. If we can get behind the team when all is not going as planned during games we will be fine.

If we start moaning and whining (which is the default for a lot of our fan base as soon as we are behind) when passages of play are not producing results, we could struggle.  

A team like NCFC need the fans. Teams like MUFC can just rock up and play in front of 70,000 tourists on a day trip, not us. 

Get behind the team.

On 18/08/2018 at 19:44, hogesar said:

We are a disgrace. Not one of our players remotely fit to wear the shirt. Sheff are basically a League 2 outfit. Should''ve known when we played Stevenage. They would have beaten us had it not been for 3 lucky goals. Our 2 against brum were lucky too and Onel was pure luck signing. Get em all out and start again. Relegated by October.

This hasn't aged well..

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

This hasn't aged well..

It has if you took that post the way it was intended 😂😂

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

"IM NOT WRONG ABOUT ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING REGARDING THE HEAD COACH BECAUSE HAD THIS ONE PLAYER NOT SIGNED THAT OBVS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED"

Jesus ****ing wept this is a new level even for this forum 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

It has if you took that post the way it was intended 😂😂

👍 Missed it on first read

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

We've not got a home game left but maybe we could fit this into the celebrations on Monday? 😁