Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

How much longer.....

Hang on you just said he been played out of position!

I’m getting confused!

For me it’s simple Balls set this up, Huddersfield weren’t going to fight to keep Webber, why would be the question, why would you jump from a promotion chasing team to one on the way to cutting costs? Hmmm ?

So on that score get rid of Balls, Webber & Farke, get McNally, Bowkett and Lambert back........job sorted.

Although by your logic we should have sacked McNally after Hughton left cos he hired him...

Marshall can play right wing, wing back and, at a push, right back. He shouldn''t be playing there when a bunch of other players who fit the position better are available.

Hudderfield actually put Webber on gardening leave, which suggests they actually weren''t happy for him to leave.

Kingo, I’m off to bed, MacNally has been made out to be a bad guy by many, Bowkett left just two weeks after being re-appointed and it’s sad that since his departure we’ve seen nothing but a slow downward spiral!

Webber hasn’t much of a track record, Farke is really a novice at this level, we’ve sold 60 million worth of players, lost the likes of Ruddy, Howson, Pritchard, Jerome, Both Murphy’s, Maddison, etc. The restructuring has been massive and this whole new set up was a step change, it’s a new model introduced by Balls and bought in by our current owners.

To give up now because it’s been a rough start isn’t the way to go, stick with it, see it out as this is Farkes last year, if it’s not working replace him in May, no cost new set up and move on, not three games in.

Most fans are happy to have Delia as an owner so buy into her vision of the club, support this set up, and just enjoy the game for what it is, 23 other teams all trying to win each game, all fans saying the same as we are on here!

It’s only a game, we can’t do much about it, we don’t coach the players and we don’t make the choices..........

Roll on Wednesday and Preston when we start this all again ......... night Kingo, you’re not wrong in your view my friend, just not joined you yet, Webber hasn’t delivered in my opinion, he deserves to be shown the door as much a Farke does. Night matey.

Not the perfect start, but the first half against WBA showed that we are capable of playing very good football under Farke. He has not been able to field the same side for all 3 matches for a variety of reasons which doesn''t help. We clearly need a RB who is used to playing that position. Whilst Tettey, Trybul and Leitner are decent players we clearly missed having McLean today. I would like to see Farke give Thompson and Godfrey a chance possibly in place of Tettey and Trybul. Hernandez, Pukki and Rhodes seem to be linking up well and we are scoring goals. We haven''t been played off the park and all three games could easily have been won or at least drawn. Look at the early results last season and I would suggest we have moved on and we should all get behind Farke.

I''m getting very disappointed with the coach as I believe this squad is capable of better.

Silly defeats, unlucky defeats and the occasional hammering are turning into a normal pattern under Farke.

There is something missing. He seems a bit awash all the time with his team selections and never quite gets it right. This constant theme of one poor tactical selection always seems to come back to bite us in the bum.

I do not like the inevitability of defeat.

This is a very poor start too our season yet there is always an excuse, something to get right and a belief that things will improve rapidly.

They never do, a pattern is emerging.

Perhaps if the manager had a little less self-belief and concentrated on the cut-and-thrust business of carving out results rather than his own version of tactical constipation then we might assume the league position this squad warrants; and which I believe to be threatening the top six.

I''m alone probably in thinking the club made a massive mistake in sacking Chris Hughton, possibly because I was not witness to any of the well-reported Carrow Road bore-fests that he presided over but which were against top class sides, forward lines and defences after all.

The Hoots'' tactical awareness, however, makes this boy seem out of his depth.

Farke was supposed to have learnt from his inaugural season in English football, in the rough and tumble of the Championship and in coaching senior pros.

He seems to have learnt nothing. As soon as he gets one plate spinning another falls off.

We are getting used to defeat in the second tier against moderate outfits. I find it quite hard to accept.

king canary wrote the following post at 2018-08-18 8:59 PM:

Wouldn''t say we carried on where we left off- we''ve sorted the attacking play, we just can''t defend now.

Can''t deny it is far more exciting to watch than last season but we need wins.

What attacking play. Were you at Sheffield. It was dire, absolutely pathetic in any attacking format. Mr Farke seems he’ll bent on playing this possession style game, playing across and backwards. Trouble is if you play without width as we did on the right today, there is no attacking outlet. Rhodes thrives on balls into the six years area, he is a predator striker. Hernandez supplied the only one decent cross for him today, and he scored. Now I’m no football coach, but we lost count of the number of times Sheffield crossed into our penalty areas from wide position.......the result. They won! City were, in essence, dire, and Farke clueless. 89 minutes. Under the cosh all half. Bring on Srbeny. Why not Zimmerman!? And we concede in the 91st minute! I’m not calling for the manager head, but in 69 odd games, absolutely nothing has changed and I sincerely believe he has far better players at his disposal this season. Birmingham were poor, so West Brom, Sheffield Utd are going nowhere under Wilder, and we take ONE point from all three, and concede EIGHT goals. We have Preston, Leeds and Scum up next. I would suggest the powers that be are already considering their next move, because the Farke way just is not working at all!

I won''t argue as I believe I only went to three away games that season, and may be two at the Carra.

I don''t recall my experiences being too disheartening, although I can really only remember a decent display at Palace where were succumbed to a draw but should have won

Give our board, coach, squad and DoF the time, and I''m sure it''ll all eventually come good......

Here''s hoping.....

[quote user="Indy"]Hang on you just said he been played out of position!

I’m getting confused!

For me it’s simple Balls set this up, Huddersfield weren’t going to fight to keep Webber, why would be the question, why would you jump from a promotion chasing team to one on the way to cutting costs? Hmmm ?

So on that score get rid of Balls, Webber & Farke, get McNally, Bowkett and Lambert back........job sorted.[/quote]

For God sake get it into your head that you would never get any combination of those 3 working together again.

Wow some people don’t read the thread and miss the ironic statements........I’m saying through this thread to give it time, but if you are blaming Farke some blame must go to Balls and Webber........

There is absolutely no evidence that it is working with Farke and as I said last year, the divisions between the fans will only worsen the longer Farke is here.

There will come a point where even the most delusional pro delia happy clapper will have to concede that he has to go.

Farke isn''t a manager and we are suffering the consequences.

When Webber had to appoint a management team we were in dire financial circumstances and had his hands tied. Hopefully his next appointment with money worries eased he will make a better appointment.

Farke was a cheap option with zero experience and it’s showing. His philosophy probably seemed a selling point but that hasn’t translated into results. He makes basic errors with his selections, tactics and organisation. Obviously Marshall played at right back where he isn’t good enough having been brilliant at right wing, is a massive one. Marshall, pukki and Hernandez behind Rhodes would be well balanced and provide service but would probably mean dropping Leitner, which he won’t do.

Set piece defending is another disaster. Why have every player back? What good is Hernandez standing in the box? Leave him on the half way line where he’ll have two marking him and provide a counter attack option.

Another massive blunder for me is the cm area. We have two young, six footers in Thompson and Godfrey who are athletic and would provide an excellent screen for the defence but wants to persist with tettey. In my opinion he can’t cover the ground and his legs are gone. This division is full of physical teams and we often come off second best in this department.

Player wise I don’t think we’re far off. A right back and cb need to be brought in but get these other I ssues sorted and I think we can do well.

[quote user="Ben"]
The fault today looked to be one or urgency about the players. With ten mins to go we were looking like we were happy to see out a 1-1 draw.
Too many ''sloppy'' mistakes. too many tackles that looked half heavyhearted and too many times there is a lack of concentration.
So bring on the inevitable closet binners who no doubt will be infesting the forum this evening.
For me not that much that a good kick up the ar  se won''t cure.
[/quote] yes but you are just a thick cunt who lives in a fantasy land

Agree with most vlad says. Still think part of our trouble is we are poor in the air right through the team.Unfortunately the addition of Thompson 5ft 10 (if he''s on tiptoe) & Godfrey 6 ft but not good in the air, isn''t going to cure the problem. Bringing in Buendia or Passlack makes things worse from that point of view.

This isn''t a new thing, how often was Pinto beaten in the air at the back post in the last two seasons.

The problem for me is people are making these rash judgements 3 games in and, to reasonably do that youd think we would have lost heavily against 3 perceived poor teams in this division.

The reality is 2 have been away and 1 was at home to a relegated prem team who have a very good squad. Better than ours, like it or not.

But to then look further into those three games:

- first game point away from home, scoring 2 goals.

- second game the game swung on us missing a penalty and the goalkeeper palming into his own net. Neither controllable by Farke

- yesterday we battled well in a physical game and missed two great chances in the second half, conceding in the last few seconds of what would otherwise have been a good point away.

Now I know its in fans nature to, somewhat unintelligently over react and emphasise negatives but taking a step back I think we have a better squad, we are attacking quicker particularly on the counter and we have real attacking weapons in our team now.

I would be very disappointed if some of our numbskull fans decided it was time to rip it all up at this stage and make Carrow Road a horrible place to play football because despite TWO (YES, LITERALLY ONLY 2) disappointing results I think we are heading in the right direction.

[quote user="vlad666"]When Webber had to appoint a management team we were in dire financial circumstances and had his hands tied. Hopefully his next appointment with money worries eased he will make a better appointment.

Farke was a cheap option with zero experience and it’s showing. His philosophy probably seemed a selling point but that hasn’t translated into results. He makes basic errors with his selections, tactics and organisation. Obviously Marshall played at right back where he isn’t good enough having been brilliant at right wing, is a massive one. Marshall, pukki and Hernandez behind Rhodes would be well balanced and provide service but would probably mean dropping Leitner, which he won’t do.

Set piece defending is another disaster. Why have every player back? What good is Hernandez standing in the box? Leave him on the half way line where he’ll have two marking him and provide a counter attack option.

Another massive blunder for me is the cm area. We have two young, six footers in Thompson and Godfrey who are athletic and would provide an excellent screen for the defence but wants to persist with tettey. In my opinion he can’t cover the ground and his legs are gone. This division is full of physical teams and we often come off second best in this department.

Player wise I don’t think we’re far off. A right back and cb need to be brought in but get these other I ssues sorted and I think we can do well.[/quote]
A fair and interesting post. Thanks[Y]

I think Vlad has more or less got it spot on. While we keep blaming the players in the back four, we overlook the Tettey/Trybull/Leitner problem.

We have seen it with our own eyes and it is about time we stop believing that because these players play regularly they must be good.

In fact I think they are too slow and in Tettey''s case, at the end of his time, and yet DF continues with this trio. Yet he has nothing to lose by trying Godfrey/Thompson. We aren''t winning anyway.

[quote user="hogesar"]But to then look further into those three games:

- first game point away from home, scoring 2 goals.

- second game the game swung on us missing a penalty and the goalkeeper palming into his own net. Neither controllable by Farke

- yesterday we battled well in a physical game and missed two great chances in the second half, conceding in the last few seconds of what would otherwise have been a good point away.
Now I know its in fans nature to, somewhat unintelligently over react and emphasise negatives but taking a step back I think we have a better squad, we are attacking quicker particularly on the counter and we have real attacking weapons in our team now.

I would be very disappointed if some of our numbskull fans decided it was time to rip it all up at this stage and make Carrow Road a horrible place to play football because despite TWO (YES, LITERALLY ONLY 2) disappointing results I think we are heading in the right direction.[/quote]Totally agree with this.
It''s easy to sit here saying "if''s" and "buts", but the fact is that we twice missed great opportunities yesterday which would have put us 2-1 up, only to miss both and then concede with basically the last action of the match.
If only it had been Rhodes or Hernandez clean through instead of Leitner and I think we''d have been in-front and with the momentum of the goal on our side.
We can''t go through every game saying "if" and "but" however, and if by the time we get close to the mystical 10 game milestone we''re still finding the same problem game after game, then something will need to be done, what that is, is another matter though...

[quote user="Herman"]
[quote user="vlad666"]When Webber had to appoint a management team we were in dire financial circumstances and had his hands tied. Hopefully his next appointment with money worries eased he will make a better appointment.

Player wise I don’t think we’re far off. A right back and cb need to be brought in but get these other I ssues sorted and I think we can do well.[/quote]
A fair and interesting post. Thanks[Y]
[/quote]

Ditto!

I don''t have any coaching qualifications but I know we shouldn''t be consistently conceding soft goals like the one from the corner against West Brom last week that beggared belief. The really annoying thing is that this problem was cured for a while last season yet that lesson doesn''t seem to have been learned.

My other main issue is Leitner. Surely it will sink in eventually that our results when he starts are consistently awful. I don''t care if he looks like a classy player. He is a lightweight liability.

Spot on with Leitner. Not enough desire or strength for this league, not enough class for a higher one.

On 18/08/2018 at 23:38, TIL 1010 said:

The unthinkable of a defeat at Scum HQ in a couple of weeks Jim and it will be much worse but that surely will see Farke gone unless of course Delia,Webber et al see it as part of the project ?

I think they saw it as part of the project...

On 18/08/2018 at 18:02, Bill said:
The fault today looked to be one or urgency about the players. With ten mins to go we were looking like we were happy to see out a 1-1 draw.

Too many ''sloppy'' mistakes. too many tackles that looked half heavyhearted and too many times there is a lack of concentration.

So bring on the inevitable closet binners who no doubt will be infesting the forum this evening.

something that appears to have been done, so well done Bill

On 19/08/2018 at 10:54, Time to go Delia said:

yes but you are just a thick **** who lives in a fantasy land

now where have I heard those words and that use of swearing before ?

hmmm

ps looks like I was right....yet again

On 18/08/2018 at 23:47, River End Canary said:

The inevitable question.......who the **** would you want in and who would want it?

The Messiah

😂😂