Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Team V Blades.

Why - that''s almost 1 in 3 ... most teams would be around that average.... unless you get promoted or relegated...

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]15 wins in 49 league games for Farke now. Not exactly impressive. 
That cannot be correct?!
[/quote]
Well we won 15 (out of 46) last season and unless I''ve missed something we''ve won none (out of 3) this season

@Surfer

Incorrect.

Sheffield United for instance finished 10th last season but have 22 wins in that same time frame.

Ipswich have managed 17 wins in that time.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]15 wins in 49 league games for Farke now. Not exactly impressive. 
That cannot be correct?!
[/quote]
Well we won 15 (out of 46) last season and unless I''ve missed something we''ve won none (out of 3) this season
[/quote]
That''s not the kind of winning percentage this club should accept.

13th to 15th starting to look a bit ambitious.Can''t continue to ship two goals a game average and expect not to get relegated. Badly need some clean sheets.

If it wasn''t for QPR shipping 7 together we''d have conceded the most in the division (including a few teams that have played a game more). Fairly clear where the issue lies at the moment.

Oh dear. We could - probably should - have lost by a margin of 4+ goals. Tactically, Farke appears totally out of his depth. I still hope Krul/Rhodes might save us from league one but that looks overly hopeful. At least there was no grief leaving the stadium this year.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]I see Ricardo considering us relegation candidates this season. I can only assume he is a ''closet binner''...... :)[/quote]
If it wasn''t for "closet binners" they might as well shut this forum down because the happy clapping brigade, who think that Farke deserves "several years to sort things out", have been conspicuous by their absence lately.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]I see Ricardo considering us relegation candidates this season. I can only assume he is a ''closet binner''...... :)[/quote]

There will probably be a half dozen or so poorer than us again.

At least, I sincerely hope so.

So what we’ve discovered is that if you sell players that are in demand for millions of pounds and replace them with cheap replacements it leaves you unable to compete at a level where other teams a spending big. Shocking! Who’d have thought it....

Hanley, Klose, Krull and Tettey have been the main source of errors, hardly the cheap signings and not all Webber''s. Personally not keen on Marshall playing at fullback and obviously we''re lucky that Lewis is back now.
With Hernandez we''re not missing Murphy and it seems Rhodes will score goals. Bosman Pukki seems like a player too.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]
Hanley, Klose, Krull and Tettey have been the main source of errors, hardly the cheap signings and not all Webber''s. Personally not keen on Marshall playing at fullback and obviously we''re lucky that Lewis is back now.
With Hernandez we''re not missing Murphy and it seems Rhodes will score goals. Bosman Pukki seems like a player too.
[/quote]
So everything is just fine and we have a great season to look forward to then

Farke needs to go back to a back three IMO- the fullbacks just aren''t comfortable in a back 4.

Today would have been a good day to do it as Sheffield U love to put in crosses.

I think Marshall allowed to bomb forward could work well with Pukki and the back three might allow Leitner a bit more freedom two.

KeiranShikari wrote the following post at 18/08/2018 5:49 PM:

That obviously explains why everything is going so well then....

KeiranShikari wrote the following post at 18/08/2018 5:53 PM:

Perhaps.

I personally do think the stupid errors will stop pretty soon.

On what evidence?? They didn’t stop all last season and have continued into this

I disagree about the cheap signings , a good manager can buy cheap and still get a tune out of the players dare i say it Big Mick at Ipswich never spent nothing and paid peanuts and us but still finished above us

I am fed up of Farke''s we had more the ball / we played better than them , we had more chances than them / the result was harsh excuses we need a manager that wins a winner at all costs a manager

I’m eagerly awaiting our rise up the league with all these apparently great players we have at our disposal!

The worry for me, and I think a lot of us, is that lessons aren''t getting learnt.
Tettey has been huffing and puffing since the first minute of the season, and I would suggest his bout of illness has affected his fitness- he shouldn''t have started today, after being found wanting harshly against West Brom.
Marshall seems a good buy, with potential, but media and fans alike twigged that he isn''t a fullback in pre-season; got caught out for the pen last week and todays winner came on his side too.
I found myself forlornly looking towards the subs bench today around 60 minutes as we clearly needed a fresh impetus to maintain control on the game. The first sub (without checking) came almost at 80 minutes with Stiepermann wandering onto the pitch, by which time we were firmly retreated onto the back foot. This has been a constant feature of Farke''s time with us.
It isn''t all doom and gloom, and these things always sting worse right after the fact, but rarely do you find that new season issues are flagged up so quickly and so clearly as they have this year. The fanbase are going to need some answers pretty sharpish or the club may wish they weren''t arranging these singing sections and fan marches.

I think our full backs are going to be our main source of weakness all season.

Pinto (nice chap and all) doesn''t offer anything apart from huff and puff going forward and is poor defensively. Marshall is a right midfielder (and showed at Millwall how well he can play there) and should be played as such - he''s only on a par with Pinto defensively and so will constantly be exposed.

On the left we have Lewis, who at his best is excellent, but beneath him the options are poor.

Teams will exploit us down the flanks all season.

I think much of today''s battering was down to Tettey (one of my favourites) having a poor game. I''ve seen him completely dominate midfields - even in the Prem. - but today he looked tired. I have a horrible feeling he''s getting too old.

I feel Thompson is the man to replace him. He seems to have fully recovered from his injury &, so long as he can recover his pre-injury form, which he looked to be doing when I''ve seen him, he''s just the ticket.

I''m beginning to wonder about Hanley. Everyone seems to admire his ''manly'' air & way of playing, but it''s starting to look like he''s too many mistakes in him. As does Timm.

Consistency is all important in a defender; it doesn''t matter how many saving tackles you make if you then give the ball away, you''ll get punished too often.

I did think it was a cracking game today though. Sheffield are a team who apply relentless physical pressure a lot of the time & know how to turn the screw. If we don''t learn how to cope with teams like this we''re gonna be toast.

But I''m an optimist. I think we will learn. It could yet be a good season.