Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Ben Marshall

Great offensively, suspect in his defensive responsibilities...Hanley''s stare after the winner says it all! Needs to up his game at right back. Seems to have been shoehorned into that position but needs some serious coaching judging by the last two league games.

[quote user="Wishbone"]Great offensively, suspect in his defensive responsibilities...Hanley''s stare after the winner says it all! Needs to up his game at right back. Seems to have been shoehorned into that position but needs some serious coaching judging by the last two league games.[/quote]

No, needs to be played in the correct position! Right winger / attacker.

He can maybe play wingback.

He isn''t a right back in a back 4.

Pinto, Passlack and Aarons are all better options there.

Great for Millwall because ...?...he was played in the correct position...go figure

Right back presumably was identified as a problem position in the summer....only got to look at Harrison reed being preferred there instead of pinto as the back end of last season and the signing of passlack. .....when we signed marshall I assumed it was with a nod to playing a back 3 with wing backs but I just cannot accept that marshall was identified as somebody who would play there??

Has cost us goals in all 3 games, if husband was commiting the defensive errors he us on the left he would be getting slaughtered. If marshall plays another game at right back this season, it''ll be yet another on the list of farke''s judgement calls to be brought into question

Aarons must be close to starting. Danger would be that he got written off after a couple of games. Lewis managed it last season though.

You''d hope not Kingo.

I''m not sure about Aarons. Where as it was obvious Farke trusted Lewis last season I''m not so sure he trusts Aarons the same. But he''s not on loan as yet so it may happen.

Passlack doesn''t appear to be in front of Adams. Is that a fitness issue?

Ah. So the ''danger of him being written off after a couple of games'' is based on...?

Reports suggest Passlack had a poor preseason and hasn''t adjusted to the English game but also that he wasn''t bad v Stevenage. So we''ll see.

Based on him not being quite ready yet? Not good enough? Us getting a couple of hammerings?

What point are you trying to make Kingo?

That the ''danger of him being written off after a couple of games'' is not actually a danger. Because I don''t think it has ever happened before.

I think it has, Tony Andrew, Marcel France and big Dave all got written off after a couple games! Just saying!

You''d hope, wouldn''t you?

Anyway I think the fact he''s been so involved in preseason and hasn''t gone out on loan yet suggests Farke rates him. We''ll see where he is on September 1st I guess.

Marshall Pinto Passlack Aarons.

Not really a problem position and it could be Marshall has been playing because of fitness issues with 2 of the others. If we''re keeping all three it could well be in Aarons interest to go on loan.

Well it is a problem position because Pinto is the only one really proven to play at this level.

I was saying pre-season that the fullback areas look dodgy.

You don''t get anywhere in football without a robust defence.

@gjp

You can only become proven at this level by being played though.

We''re never going to have two proven championship players at every position.

Last summer Madison and Lewis were unproven at this level. If we''d carried on not risking them they would still be unproven.

Aarons isnt going out on loan. Farke said he is part of the first team squad and not available for loan yesterday in his prematch press conference. Same for Cantwell.

I had high hopes of Marshall and believed him to be primarily a winger who could also excel as a wing-back.

He had a very good season at Millwall when played in such roles. They were very anxious to keep him.

A strange tactical nuance of our coach sees him best fitted as a full back in a back four formation.

Farke''s habitual tactical misgiving, evident throughout last season, is costing. Nothing changes.

When I saw we''d signed Marshall I naturally assumed he would be

playing either right wing or right wing back, certainly not right back

in a flat four...
Marshall and Lewis are made

to play in those wing back positions IMHO, as both excel at pushing

forwards, are solid enough in transition, but aren''t the best totally

defensive players, which is why you have the 3 central defenders as

well.
Something like this going forwards for me:
[url=www.buildlineup.com/shared/5b791b72138c092e24abf2e5]Norwich 5-2-3[/url]

Plenty are - it is weird how some people were ''happy'' to give the side a bit of time yet are already writing pretty-much all our signings off and calling for the manager''s head. We are still in mid-August, ffs.