Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

Husband joins Fleetwood on loan

Oh Zimmerman, Hernandez, Hanley, Leitner, McLean, Pukki, Buendia (Rhodes and Gunn) look like they might have something about them...

It’s not really about what percentage of signings come off (although as it happens I think a very low percentage of last seasons permanent signings will be in the team regularly this season) but more about why a player, who it was obvious was substandard from very early last season , was not only retained for all of last season but played an integral part in our pre season preparations, started the first game and was kept, presumably with the decision being taken not to replace him accordingly, to the detriment of the squad. Franke and Watkins didn’t come off. It appears Raggett is not rated but the Husband situation has cost us.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Despite our struggles this season, there’s not too many you can say are duds. Not anywhere near the RvW/Naismith debacles.[/quote]
I would challenge that a few of them are now heading in the dud direction than they are legend. Let''s hope for a marked improvement in our next 3 games.

To be honest maybe i was a bit harsh on Webber and Farke as i do not rate them for not sorting this out earlier,

Maybe this has just come out the blue , Maybe Husband has had words said to him about his Performance and Pinto starting at left back in front of him and said i want to leave etc

Easy to blame Farke and Webber ( as i did ! ) and not know the full story

I think Jim, the fact youre having to go so in depth with this Husband criticism is a sign there aint much to criticise so far on the recruitment front.

There are plenty of reasons why he has remained at the club, if you were to think about it for a bit.

Managers certainly make bad judgements. Maddison was continually not played. Murphy twins not played together and deemed not good enough by the so called fans in the Snake Pit, Surman playing regularly in The Premiership

Not good enough for this level. Seems like a really nice guy so good luck to him but out of his depth and no where near the standard of Lewis and Stiepermann.

So a player obviously not up to standard fails after the usual suspects belitte those with gaul to disagree with the "club line" moves to his standard... I wish him well ...seem like a decent lad.

You can talk about ''getting rid of him'' but the transfer market is not like cash generator.
You need another club to take the player on, and the terms need to be acceptable.
With Lewis out Husband was going to stay until he was back... and maybe another LB lined up.
What is positive is that there appears little sentiment. If a player is not judged good enough then off he goes. Be it Watkins or Wes, Mathews or Middleton.
So far this season Onel and Pukki look way better than their stated cost. Steiperman is improving. We''ve really yet to see McLean and we know that Vrancic looks up to it.
What have Lewis, Godfrey and Aarons cost (even Thompson) in relative terms ?
We have set ourselves the target of developing players be they our own youth, younger players brought in or ''unknowns''. So far it is showing results. Sure some won''t work out. If both Webber and Farke had that much of a magic touch neither would be here. That is the nature of professional football.
So the usual moaners can whine all they want. This is how it is. Much to look forward to, and much to get behind the club about.

I''m torn on this move.

I agree he isn''t first choice, however we are short in his position plus he is a Home Grown player (which we''re short of)

Fingers Crossed Lewis stays fit all season and able to play. I''m just getting more concerned about the Home Grown rule!

Spent most of the last 4 seasons playing at champs level and expected to improve. Cant say that it wasnt a reasonable signing but clearly it hasnt worked out for us or him either.

Hopefully he can regain his confidence at fleetwood.

As for cover the prezza suggests that the main cover will be pinto and arrons rather than steipermann, who would at least add height to the back line.

Husband says he had "certain conversations" and was probably told he wasn''t going to get regular games.  As with most players, they want to play and I would think that Husband thinks he needs a run of games to get his confidence going - and he was not going to get that at Norwich.
There is no point in keeping players who cannot adapt to what is required, hence Wildschut going, doing well at Bolton, but with respect to Bolton, they are not pursuing the progressive style we are trying to adapt.  Husband has looked limited and although I would have liked to see him improve at Norwich that now doesn''t look like happening.  Good luck to him, he has proved himself in the champonship before, he will probably do so again, just maybe not at Norwich.