Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

15797 at Pooman Road

The attendances are definitely dipping . I think you''ll see plenty under 25,000 this season which hasn''t happened for many seasons . Guess the crowd for Wedneday ?

Making Plans & King Keano making friends and agreeing with one another.
Who''d have thought it, eh.
Oh... everyone.

Is he/she actually a City supporter?

There''s never a good word to say about the club, ever, from that source.

When following this site on match days it has got to the stage that when you see a contribution from MP it likely means we have leaked a goal.

It''s almost gleeful and the negativity gets monotonous.

Whether it''s promoted by a sense of entitlement or an inability to digest the facts of the situation is difficult to tell.

We are where we are, mistakes have been made for sure but it serves no useful purpose dwelling upon them to the extent that it seems a grudge is being held.

Having that frame of mind cannot be much fun.

We all have our reservations about where the club is heading, but a rational assessment of the situation demands we bide our time until we know, one way or the other, whether NCFC is going in the right direction, remaining static or regressing.

If the latter becomes obviously the case then we all have the right to imitate MP.

FAKE NEWS?

Last season''s Championship clubs ranked by their Twitter followers:

1. Newcastle .... 940k

2.Villa .... 827k

3. NCFC .... 430k

18. ITFC .... 83k.

I don''t bother with Twitter myself but this must tell us something about comparative fan bases and potential support.

It''s one big gap there between the East Anglian rivals.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/723497/Twitter-followers-Championship-clubs-ranked-most-least-sportgalleries

[quote user="Making Plans"]
M&S, House Of Fraser, Toys R Us, Maplin, Carpetright, Homebase, Mothercare, Tesco, Asda, Debenhams etc etc etc, have all found out to their considerable cost that if you don''t give the customer what they want, at a fair price, then you are only going to go in one direction.
The highest ticket prices in the Champs, coupled with poor performances & results, can only lead to a gradual but steady decline in attendances, reduced finances, selling the family silver and employing cheap Managers & players.
We are already skint, the Academy is being proped up with public money, we have already sold off nearly every player who was worth anything, we already have a budget Manager, who is out of his depth, and a squad full of no more than average Champioship players who are not going to produce the results that the majority of supporters expect.
Don''t take the support we have at Norwich for granted.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, that is spot on. Hate what is being done to our club.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Making Plans"]
M&S, House Of Fraser, Toys R Us, Maplin, Carpetright, Homebase, Mothercare, Tesco, Asda, Debenhams etc etc etc, have all found out to their considerable cost that if you don''t give the customer what they want, at a fair price, then you are only going to go in one direction. The highest ticket prices in the Champs, coupled with poor performances & results, can only lead to a gradual but steady decline in attendances, reduced finances, selling the family silver and employing cheap Managers & players.  We are already skint, the Academy is being proped up with public money, we have already sold off nearly every player who was worth anything, we already have a budget Manager, who is out of his depth, and a squad full of no more than average Champioship players who are not going to produce the results that the majority of supporters expect.
Don''t take the support we have at Norwich for granted.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, that is spot on. Hate what is being done to our club.[/quote]
This says more about you than it does about the club.  In the real world, the club is doing pretty well, it is financially sound, we have Rhodes Pukki and Hernandez who are showing every sign of being better up front than we were last season.  We have several really good youngsters who are going to come through to he first team, an experienced quality goalkeeper - and if you are still moping about Maddison, in the real world he was always going to move on and we were lucky to have him at all...........oh no it wasn''t luck, it was the club that targeted him and bought him, you know, the club you people can''t find a good word about.
I really don''t understand people who cannot take a bit of rough with the smooth - unless they are really not supporters at all - after all, football is not an easy science - there are going to be ups and downs even during one season.  We''ve had a poor start results wise, but like has been said there have only been three games so far!  Yes, we need a win, but no we are not as sad a case as you people make out. If you really hate what is happening to the club, then you are living in a closeted world where everything has to be right for you and cannot see reality for what it is.
I get it, you''re fed up with the board and DS/MJW, Ed Balls, etc etc....you don''t like it that they are in a privileged position a our club, you don''t like thay are not selling up, that they are here for the long haul, that the club is going to be protected from speculators ...well if people don''t like that, then they are entitled to that view, but really, it''s a view based on selfishness and a fantasy world where getting a millions pounds from an investor transforms the club into a wonder world of football.

Or maybe the owners are the selfish ones? Refusing to consider external investment or selling to somebody who could take the club forward. Under the current owners, we will never be anything other than a middling Championship club. Every time we develop a decent player we know he’ll be next to be sold to fund the club, and therefore maintain the owners’ status quo. The owners are living in a fantasy world if they think the self-funding model can produce anything more than a struggling Championship side. In my opinion they have no ambition for us to be anything more than we are - some of us fans want more for their club. This isn’t being “entitled”, it’s wanting the club to play at the highest level.

It’s my view that some support the owners rather than the club, and the entrenched view from certain fans that any new owner would be a big bad trying to destroy the soul of the club. There is almost a cult following whereby every action by Smith and Jones is defended to the hilt, errors are ignored, and other clubs’ situations are used as part of an agenda to defend them.

From my viewpoint, I can definitely see the good the owners have done, and completely agree with some of the points made in favour. They should be rightly lauded as good custodians of the club; no one should be doubting their good intentions. However, like it or not, the modern game is all about money and spending money on getting the best players you can. We are not in a position to do that and likely never will be. In order for us to be more competitive in this division we require big investment, or this will be our level for years.

Absolutely HHS you only have to go to the AGM to witness people drooling at the mouth to be in the same room as Delia and everything else is of no consequence.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Absolutely HHS you only have to go to the AGM to witness people drooling at the mouth to be in the same room as Delia and everything else is of no consequence.[/quote]
[IMG]https://www.smallbusinessdecisions.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BlindAssumptionsMeme.jpg[/IMG]

I see it''s the shareholders turn today. So that''s the owners, board, sporting director, head coach, players, supporters and now shareholders. Who''s left?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I see it''s the shareholders turn today. So that''s the owners, board, sporting director, head coach, players, supporters and now shareholders. Who''s left?[/quote]
The kitchen staff aren''t exactly pulling their weight, so i''ve been told.

There’s a lot of posters on here who make Neil Doncaster’s spin on things look tame . We could be relegated and a few would think it’s for the best .

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"] We could be relegated and a few would think it’s for the best .[/quote]
It is fairly certain that there are those amomg is who want us to do badly to somehow arrive at a situation where the club would be forced to change tack.  Only a few, I grant you, but there is a certain satisfaction for some people to be able to watch every mistake, every poor reult and look at it and actually get some kind of satisfaction from it because it makes them feel justified in their view of things.
That is how negativity affects people - they start to almost enjoy seeing us do badly.
I hope those that are honest with themselves can look at the way they see things and ask themselves is that me?  Do I really want to see the team win and get up the table, get promoted, do well, succeed, or is my real preference just to get change of ownership.........
I personally don''t think you can have it both ways.  If the team do well, then surely it is vindication of what the owners are doing.  Fair enough, if the sh*t hits the fan and we do terribly this season, there would be some justification for wanting change, but that hasn''t happened yet, so why are people belly aching now?  Because we lost a couple of matches?  Isn''t that just a little fickle?  
Do people not see that the squad is moving on from last season - it is developing - and that it may take a few weeks of competitive football to improve the teamwork?  
So people are taking it back to last season, the season before, the season before that, the seas....blah blah.......   How far back do you want to take your gripes about the owners...1996?  How about we go back further to a couple of years before that when the club over reached and was in a dire state financially....or maybe back even further.  Where do you draw the line? 
The structure of the club isn''t going to change this season, so you might as well put away your gripes about it, stop being so negative and try and get some enjoyment from watching Pukki and Rhodes Hernandez, Buendia, et al - they have already proved they can score goals. 
We are no longer a one man mid-table team - we have a better all round squad - Hernandez has been more effctive in three games than Murphy was all last season (imo) and Rhodes more effective in three games than Oliveira was all last season. The choices in midfield when all fit are excellent. 
Go on, try looking at things a bit more positively, it won''t hurt....

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I see it''s the shareholders turn today. So that''s the owners, board, sporting director, head coach, players, supporters and now shareholders. Who''s left?[/quote]
The kitchen staff aren''t exactly pulling their weight, so i''ve been told.
[/quote]
The stewards have had a far too easy ride this season in my opinion.
Time they had a bit of flak....[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Very interesting thanks for posting King.

We have 10,000 more but apparently the proper fans have stopped going to Carrow Road. Just leaving Delia cult members to support the team.[/quote]

Dear Nutty,

We are losing fans (there are 1000 season tickets available for the first time in 10 years?) and will continue to if the standard of football keeps declining.

The atmosphere has changed because the demographic has changed. That is undeniable.

All facts.

Being complacent / dismissive really does not bode well for our future.

Thanks,

PS. Not arsed about them and given our current poor 1st team, I see little to gloat & laugh at.

"It’s my view that some support the owners rather than the club, and the entrenched view from certain fans that any new owner would be a big bad trying to destroy the soul of the club. There is almost a cult following whereby every action by Smith and Jones is defended to the hilt, errors are ignored, and other clubs’ situations are used as part of an agenda to defend them."

This.

The way some folk talk on here you''d think the club hadn''t existed pre Delia and MWJ and the club would inevitably be destroyed if it ever fell out of the family line.

Dear Mike

I''m glad you few hundred proper fans who don''t want to be there have jacked in. That leaves over 20,000 Delia cult members getting behind the team without your negativity.

As for the binners. You''re welcome to your indifference. I see once more they are being used as a stick to beat the club. We''ve seen it all before as recently as 2009. Anyone can support a team that''s winning derbies. My last 2 visits were the defeat in 2009 and the 5-1 in 2011. It struck me back then that it takes a bit of bottle to support a team that loses one. It seems bottle is in short supply for you proper fans. Give me the 20,000 Delia cult every time.

"The only way our support will drop like the binners is if we replicate them. And that doesn''t mean league stagnation. It means getting in an owner like they have. The one many on here wanted..."

Yes, there is no way we''d see attendances dropping to the levels of 98/99 (15,761) or 99/00 (15,539) under this ownership.

Must have been owned by someone else then...

I don''t think that''s right Kingo. To me that seems like an attempt to make out fans you disagree with aren''t proper fans who support the club.

The alternative view would be some supporters want the club to fail in order to feed their primary aim of getting new owners. BTW I don''t believe that either. Unless of course they say it themselves...

Feck me I wish some of you had been at school with me. It was monotonous finishing bottom every year.

We''d get = future

We''d have got = past.

You know you''re doing well when you''re arguing over grammar.

If you think attendances are irrelevant to a debate about...attendances I can see why you kept coming bottom.