Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

15797 at Pooman Road

For the avoidance of doubt can i just point out that i am one of these 20,000 being discussed on here but i am most certainly not one of Delia''s cult followers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]For the avoidance of doubt can i just point out that i am one of these 20,000 being discussed on here but i am most certainly not one of Delia''s cult followers.[/quote]
For the avoidance of doubt can I just point out that I am one of the 20,000 too. I''m also not a Delia cult member. I doubt we have many if any who are. However I was reliably informed by one of our real proppa fans that the real proppa fans have been replaced by Delia cult members hence why no atmosphere anymore..

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Sorry 23 ... it''s a 46 game season (in the league.)

230, 000 x an average of say £25? Plus sales on the day.

Rather belies this Keanooo character''s belief that we are in the same boat as his club now that we have no parachute payments.[/quote]

to be fair, this seems fairly obvious but i''ve never seen it this way, for god knows what reason.

10000 empty seats throughout a season, with your rough estimate of 25 quid a seat, is just under 6M lost out on per season.

Given our tickets are slightly more on avrg, that''s a significant difference in funding on seats alone, not adding, like you said, the difference in sponsorship money that would come from having more/less fans attending games throughout a season.

But we "luck ourselves" in to positions where we can afford better players/staff/facilities, if a large portion of their social media fans are to be believed.

[quote user="king canary"]You know you''re doing well when you''re arguing over grammar.

If you think attendances are irrelevant to a debate about...attendances I can see why you kept coming bottom.[/quote]
Burst my bubble why don''t you! Just as I was starting to believe there were folk on here as thick as me.
Thanks for showing me the error of my ways Kingo. Taking your greater knowledge on board I''m still worried about a change of owner. Because we could easily go back to the...
8,682 we got in the Watling era
11,148 we got in the South era
10,495 we got in the Chase era
Thank goodness you were here[Y]

"M&S, House Of Fraser, Toys R Us, Maplin, Carpetright, Homebase, Mothercare, Tesco, Asda, Debenhams etc etc etc, have all found out to their considerable cost that if you don''t give the customer what they want, at a fair price, then you are only going to go in one direction"

Yeah right. But the implication is there is a lower cost and / or more attractive alternative for these customers to take up instead. Not like thousands are going to switch to watching Norwich Utd is it? City are too ingrained in the fabric of Norfolk to fall far out of favor. A few home wins and the end of summer will fix this.

LOL! Seems someone has touched a nerve...

Anyway, ticket sales are dropping off & if the "product" does not get better it will drop off a lot more as people see they do not have to buy a season ticket to watch games...

Happened down the road & would be very complacent and silly to let it happen here...

The competition is the cinema, bowling, other sports, shopping....

I feel like you''re just proving my point- attendances don''t seem to be particularly linked to the ''type of owner'' we have.

It’s my view that some support the owners rather than the club, and the entrenched view from certain fans that any new owner would be a big bad trying to destroy the soul of the club. There is almost a cult following whereby every action by Smith and Jones is defended to the hilt, errors are ignored, and other clubs’ situations are used as part of an agenda to defend them."

You couldn’t hit the nail firmer on the head if you tried

8,682 we got in the Watling era

In the time that the current majority shareholders have been in charge football has gone through a complete image change. Those eras you have highlighted football had poor stadiums and a hooligan problem. Today’s match day experience is far more family friendly therefore there is higher attendance throughput the game, not just a Norwich.

[quote user="JF"]8,682 we got in the Watling era

In the time that the current majority shareholders have been in charge football has gone through a complete image change. Those eras you have highlighted football had poor stadiums and a hooligan problem. Today’s match day experience is far more family friendly therefore there is higher attendance throughput the game, not just a Norwich.[/quote]
But not at poorman road, it would seem
which is what this thread is (or was) about

But not at poorman road, it would seem

which is what this thread is (or was) about

The 91-92 season Ipswich average attendance was 14k

In the same season Manchester United’s average was 40k and that was the largest in the country

We only got 16,800 against Vitesse on the back of our best season.

Given that we have the highest ticket prices in this star system (ahem) you’d have to argue that getting 25,800 in Division Two is some achievement.

Well done to the board and Delia in particular.

[quote user="JF"]8,682 we got in the Watling era

In the time that the current majority shareholders have been in charge football has gone through a complete image change. Those eras you have highlighted football had poor stadiums and a hooligan problem. Today’s match day experience is far more family friendly therefore there is higher attendance throughput the game, not just a Norwich.[/quote]
Oh sh!t! That''s what I first thought but Kingo reckoned he was cleverer than me so told me otherwise.
So which out of you and Kingo would have finished higher in school?

[quote user="Mike "]LOL! Seems someone has touched a nerve...

Anyway, ticket sales are dropping off & if the "product" does not get better it will drop off a lot more as people see they do not have to buy a season ticket to watch games...

Happened down the road & would be very complacent and silly to let it happen here...

The competition is the cinema, bowling, other sports, shopping....[/quote]
To be fair buddy I don''t think we need your type of fan who''d rather go shopping. 

Thanks Delia for the complete overhaul of footballs image, ridding the game of hoolagans.

Thanks for creating all seater stadia

Thanks for creating the glamour of the PL and the riches and fans it brings with it.

Is there anything this miraculous woman can’t do...

[quote user="Making Plans"]
It''s amazing that there are so many faithful at Carrow Road when they are getting so little back in terms of entertainment and/or results.
Delia is a very lucky owner to be able to rely on so many customers but she had better watch out because supporters will only accept so much dross before they vote with their feet and find something more interesting to do on a Saturday afternoon.
As for the Scum attendances, that''s what stagnation in the Champs does to your supporters and the way things are going stagnation is a word we might have to get used to.
[/quote]

You didn''t find the West Brom game entertaining? Blimey, you''re hard to please.

Oh sh!t! That''s what I first thought but Kingo reckoned he was cleverer than me so told me otherwise.

Undoubtedly kingo. I was hopeless at school!

[quote user="JF"]Oh sh!t! That''s what I first thought but Kingo reckoned he was cleverer than me so told me otherwise.

Undoubtedly kingo. I was hopeless at school![/quote]
We''d better revisit the Watling, South and Chase comparisons the buddy.
Did you ever not finish bottom?
Did you fluke any exams?
I remember one time I got my name right...

Hopefully it''ll be a near full-house against PNE (and our old Manager) on Wednesday evening.....Should also be a healthy attendance for Doirty Leedz - as they should bring a good away support Saturday, as they are off to a flyer.....

That''s unless our proper supporters, are unfortunately still away on their holidays.....?

"Oh sh!t! That''s what I first thought but Kingo reckoned he was cleverer than me so told me otherwise."

Except that isn''t what you said at first was it? You said the only reason our attendance would ever drop so low was having the wrong type of owner.

[quote user="king canary"]"Oh sh!t! That''s what I first thought but Kingo reckoned he was cleverer than me so told me otherwise."

Except that isn''t what you said at first was it? You said the only reason our attendance would ever drop so low was having the wrong type of owner.[/quote]
For the avoidance of any doubt this is what I said Kingo...
[quote user="nutty nigel"]This same load of old pony has been posted on here since 2005. For 13 years people have been posting this nonsense. It''s not going to happen. As each fickle fan fecks off someone happily takes his place. The only way our support will drop like the binners is if we replicate them. And that doesn''t mean league stagnation. It means getting in an owner like they have. The one many on here wanted...[/quote]

My first NCFC game was against Bolton in 2000. We lost 2-0 with an attendance of around 13K. It was the 2002 play-off campaign and subsequent 2003/04 promotion that got the numbers up, and obviously the seasons in the Premier League sustained these attendances.

But, like most clubs floundering in this division (Scum/Leeds/ Forest etc) for several years, our attendances could inevitably fall to the 15K mark. We’ve already seen diminishing numbers in the last few months, and the disappearance of the season ticket waiting list.

I still think declining numbers are inevitable for all clubs outside of the elite in the future for football. More and more kids are now supporting the likes of Man City, Spurs, Chelsea. It’s not just United and Liverpool taking that support away any more.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]My first NCFC game was against Bolton in 2000. We lost 2-0 with an attendance of around 13K. It was the 2002 play-off campaign and subsequent 2003/04 promotion that got the numbers up, and obviously the seasons in the Premier League sustained these attendances.

But, like most clubs floundering in this division (Scum/Leeds/ Forest etc) for several years, our attendances could inevitably fall to the 15K mark. We’ve already seen diminishing numbers in the last few months, and the disappearance of the season ticket waiting list.[/quote]

Not sure it was solely results based, I seem to remember the club making it far more attractive for folks to bring their kids and as such making the games accessible for all. Can’t think of the chaps name but he still works in football...although it was all done on Delia’s day so.