Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

15797 at Pooman Road

Very interesting thanks for posting King.

We have 10,000 more but apparently the proper fans have stopped going to Carrow Road. Just leaving Delia cult members to support the team.

"Who cares?"

A lot of us find that to be of interest actually.

10,000 x 26 = an extra 260,000 bums on seats over the course of a the season. This amounts to quite a wedge (plus more corporate and sponsor income) which places us in a handy position to outbid them should both clubs be after the same player.

In this respect we could both be shopping in the same market place for a centre back quite soon.

That''s a very poor showing considering the time of the season and with the scourge of McCarthy banished after that whole distasteful episode which just fell short of open warfare. He was supposed to be the reason gates dipped to below 10, 000 last season. Villa are not shy of away support either.

It has been an expensive week for Evans then. Flying the team down to Exeter for nil return and a defeat and now this loss maker.

No wonder the ground is in such a state of disrepair.

I suppose that their next pay day will be our visit.

Sorry 23 ... it''s a 46 game season (in the league.)

230, 000 x an average of say £25? Plus sales on the day.

Rather belies this Keanooo character''s belief that we are in the same boat as his club now that we have no parachute payments.

It''s amazing that there are so many faithful at Carrow Road when they are getting so little back in terms of entertainment and/or results.
Delia is a very lucky owner to be able to rely on so many customers but she had better watch out because supporters will only accept so much dross before they vote with their feet and find something more interesting to do on a Saturday afternoon.
As for the Scum attendances, that''s what stagnation in the Champs does to your supporters and the way things are going stagnation is a word we might have to get used to.

[quote user="Making Plans"]
Delia is a very lucky owner[/quote]
Or, along with her husband, the majority shareholder - not the same thing

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Who cares?"

A lot of us find that to be of interest actually.[/quote]
The implication is that we could end up like that and that is in all reality not likely to happen.  Ipswich will only get fans back if they get to the PL or manage to get rid of their seedy owner and either use the PL money or get some rich new investor to rebuild their sorry club.  So until something like that happens, our club is always going to be so far ahead in so many ways.  The doom merchants and those who would like to see us in a bad light are desperate to see something of a downfall for us, but we are a club with fantastic fans and even if there is a small fall off of fans coming to matches - there will never be such a dramatic down-turn that it takes us to the depths Ipswich have come to. 
I would go so far as to say that if we were relegated to League 1 we would still be a better club by far than Ipswich in their present state. They at present are in a pretty awful state as a club and that is the main reason fans are stopping going.
Comparisons?  There really aren''t any, the two clubs have been set on such a different path for so long that they have very little in common.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Total number of home fans yesterday. So we have to lose 10,000 to get to that level.[/quote]

You had 25k for the West Brom game including the away support, not 26k. I suspect there was 1-2k WBA fans? Already lowering numbers. That was your first home game as well, perhaps even less over the next week?

Can you imagine when those numbers dwindle further the trouble you’ll be in without an owner ready to put money in?

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Total number of home fans yesterday. So we have to lose 10,000 to get to that level.[/quote]

You had 25k for the West Brom game including the away support, not 26k. I suspect there was 1-2k WBA fans? Already lowering numbers. That was your first home game as well, perhaps even less over the next week?

Can you imagine when those numbers dwindle further the trouble you’ll be in without an owner ready to put money in?[/quote]
Average attendace last season was 25,785. 
Attendance against West Brom.....25,114. 
Hardly anything at all and that during the summer holiday period when people are away.

Or in reality, an owner who has consistently took money out
Be it in interest, transfer fees handed over to other ME companies, or simply snaffling your training ground. Strange that this ''investor'' has let your pitch deteriorate so badly.
That might explain why poorman road is not only half empty but is in such a sorry state.
ps have you found the money to remove that tree growing out of your roof yet ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Total number of home fans yesterday. So we have to lose 10,000 to get to that level.[/quote]

Can you imagine when those numbers dwindle further the trouble you’ll be in without an owner ready to put money in?[/quote]
Hardly anything at all and that during the summer holiday period when people are away.
[/quote]

So not 26k then?

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

So not 26k then?[/quote]
I think you''re clutching at straws.

[quote user="Ben"]
Or in reality, an owner who has consistently took money out
Be it in interest, transfer fees handed over to other ME companies, or simply snaffling your training ground. Strange that this ''investor'' has let your pitch deteriorate so badly.
That might explain why poorman road is not only half empty but is in such a sorry state.
ps have you found the money to remove that tree growing out of your roof yet ?
[/quote]

Ahhhh yes - that owner that’s taking out money every season when in reality he’s pumping in 6m a season to cover the loses? He’s a terrible bloke isn’t he?

Where does all your additional income go exactly? It doesn’t appear to be spent on your first team? With 30m+ in player sales and yet we’ve STILL spent more money than you to this stage and we’re still bringing in 2-3 more players whereas you’re attempting to sell another one. Makes no sense really does it?

I think our young farmhand would be better serve asking himself why there were 2000 less rural halfwits at poorman Road to watch Villa than there were against Blackburn.
Lets just hope they retain that same fickleness and turn up to their next home game
... their cup final on Sept 2nd

Ahhhh yes - that owner that’s taking out money every season when in reality he’s pumping in 6m a season to cover the loses? He’s a terrible bloke isn’t he?

Where does all your additional income go exactly? It doesn’t appear to be spent on your first team? With 30m+ in player sales and yet we’ve STILL spent more money than you to this stage and we’re still bringing in 2-3 more players whereas you’re attempting to sell another one. Makes no sense really does it?
I should imagine that much of the grown up world doesn''t make sense to you.... especially your own club''s accounts which rather refute your witless guff about £6m being ''pumped in''.
As to what we spend our money on then perhaps we pay our suppliers and players when we are relegated (you should try it) and it might be why we are debt free.
As to who has spent what then neither of us know that, so your guff about that is just more binman shyte.
Now do run along, I''m sure their are charity collections tins you could be nicking.

M&S, House Of Fraser, Toys R Us, Maplin, Carpetright, Homebase, Mothercare, Tesco, Asda, Debenhams etc etc etc, have all found out to their considerable cost that if you don''t give the customer what they want, at a fair price, then you are only going to go in one direction.
The highest ticket prices in the Champs, coupled with poor performances & results, can only lead to a gradual but steady decline in attendances, reduced finances, selling the family silver and employing cheap Managers & players.
We are already skint, the Academy is being proped up with public money, we have already sold off nearly every player who was worth anything, we already have a budget Manager, who is out of his depth, and a squad full of no more than average Champioship players who are not going to produce the results that the majority of supporters expect.
Don''t take the support we have at Norwich for granted.

M&S, House Of Fraser, Toys R Us, Maplin, Carpetright, Homebase, Mothercare, Tesco, Asda, Debenhams etc etc etc, have all found out to their considerable cost that if you don''t give the customer what they want, at a fair price, then you are only going to go in one direction.
The highest ticket prices in the Champs, coupled with poor performances & results, can only lead to a gradual but steady decline in attendances, reduced finances, selling the family silver and employing cheap Managers & players.
We are already skint, the Academy is being proped up with public money, we have already sold off nearly every player who was worth anything, we already have a budget Manager, who is out of his depth, and a squad full of no more than average Champioship players who are not going to produce the results that the majority of supporters expect.
[/quote]

😂😂😂😂

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="Making Plans"]
[/quote]

😂😂😂😂[/quote]
Love this[:D][:D][:D][:D][Y][Y][Y][Y]
Thread of the century.

[/quote]
No one is taking it for granted, but your outlook on things is well overly negative. You are entitled to your view but I do hope people can see beyond just looking at things negatively - after all, negativity only breeds more negativity.
We are not skint, the Academy thing was an excellent idea, the prices are high, but not that high for season ticket holders, for whom I believe there was a price freeze. Performances/results change from week to week and we will have good spells this season and if we get momentum, could do preety well.....we''ve only had three games and some near the top have had four. And we we still have very good players who are not "cheap".   Hernandez, Rhodes and Pukki already look a cut above what we had last season up front and wide.  We have a good choice of defenders and midfielders too and an experienced goalkeeper.
Your negativity is mystifying.

One thing making plans is correct about is that we shouldn''t take our current support for granted.

The season ticket waiting list is now gone so another mediocre season and I think we''ll see numbers drop further.

Norwich haven''t always had sold out stadiums and while I don''t see us falling to Ipswich levels it will still drop.

i find it interesting also i wonder what division we would have to drop down to for gates of 15000 every week ?

we did not drop to that level when in Div 1 so my guessing is if we went down to div 2 very unlikely we still would maybe pull in 15000

It''s amazing that there are so many faithful at Carrow Road when they are getting so little back in terms of entertainment and/or results.
[/quote]

Not really, it’s called loyalty, through thick and thin. You don’t give up on your team just because you don’t like those at the top. And I’m sure most supporters don’t see themselves as customers irrespective of the fact that that’s essentially what us football fans are.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 19/08/2018 8:59 PM:

i find it interesting also i wonder what division we would have to drop down to for gates of 15000 every week ?

we did not drop to that level when in Div 1 so my guessing is if we went down to div 2 very unlikely we still would maybe pull in 15000

Attendences will only remain whilst the club can attract new supporters to replace the ones that stop attending. Unfortunately with the glamour of the PL now it’s hard to get youngsters supporting their local team. The further down the league table a club drops then getting that new support is even harder. Numbers are good now but in time all clubs outside of the elite may well find themselves playing to half empty stadiums.

Remember that the binners gates of last season were reported (their fans) to fall below 10,000 at some games. That being the number there against the total causal and ST tickets.
That 2000 less turned up for their 2nd home game suggests that there ST sales did not increase much since last season.
If you check their sales for their cup final there are still a huge amount left

This same load of old pony has been posted on here since 2005. For 13 years people have been posting this nonsense. It''s not going to happen. As each fickle fan fecks off someone happily takes his place. The only way our support will drop like the binners is if we replicate them. And that doesn''t mean league stagnation. It means getting in an owner like they have. The one many on here wanted...