Sign in to follow this  
David Matthews

Who would your captain be?

As a lot of people are now calling for Craig Fleming to be dropped from the side, i was wondering who you lot thought should take over his reigns as captain.

Is there anyone else in the side that can do this job as good as he can?

[quote]As a lot of people are now calling for Craig Fleming to be dropped from the side, i was wondering who you lot thought should take over his reigns as captain. Is there anyone else in the side that can...[/quote]

Considering the only time Flem is vocal is to blame someone else for his mistakes, I think the question should be...... Could anyone NOT this job as good as he can.

Personally I don''t see anyone in our squad who has the credentials to be a captain other than Shackell and that won''t happen! 

[quote]As a lot of people are now calling for Craig Fleming to be dropped from the side, i was wondering who you lot thought should take over his reigns as captain. Is there anyone else in the side that can...[/quote]

No point keeping Fleming as captain - he''s seriously letting the side down at the moment. Should be put out to pasture. Give the Doherty/Shackell partnership a decent chance.

I guess the best of the options would be Saffri or possibly Drury again.

As many have pointed out the club lacks ANY natural leaders.    You need someone who can lead and inspire as well as ensure that the managers tactics are delivered on the pitch (ideally we would have 3/4 leaders doing this but one would be a start).

There seem to be 3 candidates

Hux - does try and keep things going but is impact limited as isolated on the wing?  Tends toget hot headed so not ideal.

Shacks - starting to show some leadership skills and is centrally positioned, but will be undermined with flem as a partner, who seems the top dog in the team, OK without him?  Is immature and yet to play more than 20 consecutive games so question marks over consistency and ability to see a season out linger despite battling performances.

Safri - if only he was a bit more vocal he would be perfectly placed to pull the organisational as well ball playing strings.

None are ideal with Shacks a longer term possibility or maybe Safri in the short term... 

Perhaps it will be the short term loan signing!

OTBC    

Is Flem a failure as captain and defence organiser as well?

If this is so, and he is dropped, perhaps there should be two figures - one to organise the defence, and the best candidate is probably Shackle, the other someone with experience and commitment, and Charlton seems the best candidate if he plays. But what happens if/when Drury returns?

The most inspirational chracter could be Safri, given that new midfielders will have a job to get back into the side. For captain we need someone who is sure of his place. This rather rules out most except Ashton Green and Hux!

No wonder the team is in a mess! No outstanding players except the ones I have mentioned.

Greeno perhaps - he went absolutley mental at Charlton or Flem (couldnt see which) at Stoke when we conceeded the first goal.

Safri - our best player at the moment and hes always solid.

McVeigh - dont know why i suggested that.