Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Fan v Fan.

Unfortunately it is creeping onto this forum more and more as the games go by and Facebook is a horrid place this morning and so is Twatter i am informed. This will continue into the ground if results and performances do not take a turn for the good before 5pm next saturday and history tells us that it ends in tears either for the manager or somebody in the boardroom.
Steve Stone and Stuart Webber can be as forthright as they like to the fans but neither have experienced the vitriol of years gone by and Delia herself has been shielded from a Chase type wave of dissent. There are many younger fans who were not around in the nineties and early noughties but history does tend to repeat itself so let us all hope that PNE and Leeds are not the catalyst for a return to those days.

Social media has removed peoples'' inhibitions somewhat Til, but I don''t think keyboard warriors will be taking to the streets just yet.

It won''t end in tears......we''re a community club and we''re all singing from the same hymn sheet.....Unfortunately, some folk have their hymn sheets upside down or back to front.....

Regarding Fakebook and Tw@tter?.....They''re the way forward.....for the backward.....

Til as you will be aware football fans have changed in the 1980''s / 90''s it was common to see fights or angry demo''s at clubs up and down the country including ours

i don''t think it would ever get as bad as the Chase days Today

i do agree with you on that IF this happened in the 1980/90''s Delia would be getting far more stick and history would be repeated

Its not much of a problem. The most vocal whingers on social media rarely attend games let alone vocalise their views in real life.

Can’t see anything other than a few boos if we lose both home games......

Delia & Co have already laid out our future regarding this great club, they’re here long term and if the fans don’t like it tough.

I’ve just accepted it as it is and I enjoy each match I go to.

It’s not worth any of my energy but it’s a good discussion point, is 22 years long enough, should the club have a new owner even if only to freshen things up.

I’ll be there to watch Leeds on Saturday, bought my ticket has a decent choice of stands, if we’re served the same against WBA I’ll be happy, can’t argue with being entertained.

I remember the things that were said in 2009. Not just on here but also at St Andrews Hall. Does anyone know why it''s been allowed to continue for 10 years? Must have been hot air and bullpoop?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
Unfortunately it is creeping onto this forum more and more as the games go by and Facebook is a horrid place this morning and so is Twatter i am informed. This will continue into the ground if results and performances do not take a turn for the good before 5pm next saturday and history tells us that it ends in tears either for the manager or somebody in the boardroom.
Steve Stone and Stuart Webber can be as forthright as they like to the fans but neither have experienced the vitriol of years gone by and Delia herself has been shielded from a Chase type wave of dissent. There are many younger fans who were not around in the nineties and early noughties but history does tend to repeat itself so let us all hope that PNE and Leeds are not the catalyst for a return to those days.
[/quote]

Unfortunately people are just bored... Ticket sales are and will continue to decline and more and more people will find something else to do... No fuss no passion just a slow steady decline with people saying how lucky we are to have Webber / Balls / Stone / Smith / Jones.......

Lots of happy clappers pushing fake news and views doesn''t help

They seem to bury their heads to the ongoing decline.

The Canary Trust is a great example of a fake news outlet, it''s just another mouth piece for Delia a bit like Mick Dennis

Agree with Indy.
The ''masterplan'' for the clubs future has been laid out and made very clear. Nothing is going to detract the current hierachy from that path. Especially when clear and very obvious supporter dissent (as was the case in the Chase days-remember the speakers deployed around the ground to drown out the vocal protests?) is barely evident save for messageboards like this and social media-where it isn''t the over whelming sense anyway.
Yet Chase held out for a long time against very strong and obvious protest. The bloke had balls of steel and wouldn''t be distracted from his philosophy for a long time despite all of that. So no-one high up at the club is going to be the least bit bothered at what fan discontent we have now.
Look at what Ashley has had to put up with at Newcastle. He''s still there. Ditto the mob at Coventry. Gold and Sullivan have had wave after wave of fan pressure and rage aimed at them in recent seasons, hasn''t made a jot of difference to their way of running the club as they see fit.
Footballs gentrification has seen supporter influence and, for want of a better word, ''power'', completely diluted. Proof of our growing irrelevance was the report from last week that said many clubs could now perfectly well manage without gate receipts of any kind. Supporters are now customers and, as ''customers'' of companies like BHS and Northern Rock will attest, we''re last in the food chain, mere plankton with a debit card and blind loyalty.
Indy writes of how this is how it is and how its going to be-and throughout the game-and we need to try (though not everyone will or want to) to enjoy what we have despite all of that as it is never going to change. One way of protest would be to use the energy for that by stopping seeing the club altogether and spending our time at Kings Lynn, Lowestoft, Norwich United, Fakenham Town, wherever.
Yet even fans stopping going doesn''t stop the malaise-look at Blackpool, the Oystons dug in regardless.
21st century football, we''re part of a massive problem not a unique case. It needs a change in the game not at Carrow Road.

[quote user="hogesar"]Its not much of a problem. The most vocal whingers on social media rarely attend games let alone vocalise their views in real life.[/quote]

Yep... been replaced by Delia cult members hence why no atmosphere anymore...

Trouble is that due to centuries of inbreding we have a large proportion of lower IQ fans who simply can''t workout what is going on

There is little wonder the more rational amongst us are rubbing up the thickos (generally happy clappers)

[quote user="Jim Bell"]Trouble is that due to centuries of inbreding we have a large proportion of lower IQ fans who simply can''t workout what is going on

There is little wonder the more rational amongst us are rubbing up the thickos (generally happy clappers)[/quote]

😂😂😂

[quote user="Jim Bell"]Trouble is that due to centuries of inbreding we have a large proportion of lower IQ fans who simply can''t workout what is going on

There is little wonder the more rational amongst us are rubbing up the thickos (generally happy clappers)[/quote]
Unfortunately us higher IQ types can''t work out what is going on.... in your mind
Do you sometimes hear voices ...........
..........telling you to write incoherent shyte ?

Ignore the power of social media and forums at your peril. Any business should be concerned of what''s said about them on the interweb as ultimately fewer new customers will want to buy your product; in NCFC''s case casual ticket sales and season tickets. We are ok at the moment as season tickets held up pretty well for this season, but the attendance for WBA was lower than expected and bugger all turned up for Stevenage despite cheap tickets. The current negativity is not conducive to getting bums on seats.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]The current negativity is not conducive to getting bums on seats.
[/quote]
If negativity is stirred up by social media then it is social media - or the way it works - that is the problem. People often act like sheep, they get carried along by whatever trend seems fashionable - and it way easier to drum up negativity than actually drum up positivity - so people latch on to it.  People hate to be told it, but unfortunately it is human nature.
All I would say is don''t be taken in by those that would talk the club down - it is only negativity for negativity''s sake.

No won’t happen largest part of the City fanbase are now old dementia riddled men who think Delia is some sort of goddess and old women who go to sit and knit . We are a soft club from top to bottom , probably the softest in the country .

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]No won’t happen largest part of the City fanbase are now old dementia riddled men who think Delia is some sort of goddess and old women who go to sit and knit . We are a soft club from top to bottom , probably the softest in the country .[/quote]
Amazing how these old dementia riddled men who think Delia is some sort of goddess and old women who go to sit and knit are quite capable of holding you back. Stop hiding behind them and make yourself heard. If they''re too much for you maybe you need to address your own inadequacies first. 

Funny that even after all the debates on here and the press statement by our owners, it’s our football club it’s being run to a plan, budget and restrictions, just go and enjoy the game for what it is, forget trying to change the world, let it go, the futures been set out, accept it.

Hey midlands I’m one of them, I gave up my ticket, took a break from it, I’ve stopped getting worked up about things which used to get on my nerves!

Being a casual I get to games I eaither want to or can get tickets for, it’s been a great recalibration to my enjoyment of this club, I really don’t care who owns it anymore, it’s not me so nothing I can do!

In hindsight, was the chase years really that bad?

For me it was far better than the delia years...

“Chase was elected to the Norwich board in 1982 and became chairman in 1985.[1] Chase''s time as Norwich chairman ended acrimoniously in April 1996, with fans calling for his departure following a succession of player sales and disappointing results on the field.[2]

However, prior to that, he steered Norwich through one of the most successful periods in the club''s history, including three finishes in the top five of the English league and a notable victory against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup. Unfortunately, the first two top-five finishes had failed to book a UEFA Cup place due to the ban on English clubs in European competitions arising from the Heysel disaster of 1985”

Being a casual do you stick to home matches only ? I think Forest away 2016 was the last performance I left thinking we’d shown real class on our travels .

For the last two seasons I have only been to home games, I did about 3-10 games away prior to that, wasn’t at the Forrest game so can’t comment.

But will say being a casual for the first time in twenty odd years is odd, you do break that tie which sometimes can become something you resent instead of enjoy!

I used to get up on a typical Saturday morning only managing to get in 9 holes before having to set off early to get parking at county hall for £7 a time, going into the city, watching the game and then being stuck trying to get out of county hall for an hour!

It just started to really p1ss me off.

Now I love it again, come into the city do the same things but it’s because I want to rather than have to as I have two season tickets! I know it’s daft but it’s made me enjoy it all again.

Like I’ve said not very well, we’ve sold some very good players, we still have some great young players with potential and we have a few cart horses who have cost us a fortune and not really contributed much value for money. The squad we have isn’t as good as we’ve had here but it’s solid enough and Farke is a decent coach, watching Liverpool last night I see what Farke wants as he sets up very much like that, but unfortunately this league and our players are just not hitting that form.

We need that Virgil Van Dijk type CB. 👍