Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Pink dressing room

[quote user="daly"]The whole set up from the Home and Away dressing rooms to the dug outs is Conference Standard and an embarrassment to NCFC[/quote]
So all the upgrading we were required to do to comply with PL standards has now been removed ?
Back in your box bin boy, you fool no one.

[quote user="Ben"]
[quote user="daly"]The whole set up from the Home and Away dressing rooms to the dug outs is Conference Standard and an embarrassment to NCFC[/quote]
So all the upgrading we were required to do to comply with PL standards has now been removed ?
Back in your box bin boy, you fool no one.
[/quote]

I''ve done the Stadium at 15 Premiership clubs and around a dozen in The Championship and I can assure you we are light years away from their set up. The subs might as well be sitting in the dressing room at our club for all they can see of the game

PS Always the bin childish remark I was watching NCFC when we had to clear snow away from the pitch so the game could go ahead and you were pissing your knickers

PS Always the bin childish remark I was watching NCFC when we had to clear snow away from the pitch so the game could go ahead and you were pissing your knickers

--> With real "blood and guts" football. Big Dunc et al.

[quote user="daly"]Stadium Tour

You should try it well worth your dole money[/quote]
Do they still pay ''dole'' money ?
I have to bow to your superior knowledge on that matter
and I am well acquainted with the stadium, thank you
more so to know there is nothing wrong with the dugouts etc
so why not far cough back to poorman road where your constant attacks upon City will be most welcome, I''m sure

Ben

Cannot be bothered to get into an argument regarding Pink Dressing Rooms. It is no attack on NCFC stating the Dressing Rooms and Dug Outs should have upgraded to a better standard, Sure you have the club at heart but TRY to realise any comment made by 90% of us supporters regarding facilities, players, management etc. on this site does not mean we have to receive your childish remarks regarding supporting Ipswich Town FC

Meh, don''t believe it will have an impact although wasn''t it proven to have some kind of effect in an American Prison or something? God knows. Either way all clubs are doing things. Someone''s already mentioned Arsenal - at Highbury they''d make sure the away changing room underfloor heating was maxed up.
I''m sure for the most part players just laugh off these ''tactics'' but this isn''t something new.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]"Personally, I think that sounds mysoginistic and stupid"

interesting - I''ve not heard one mention on here or the article of pinks association with the female gender so not sure where the sexism is? If studies have found it to lower testosterone levels then no matter how frivolous you find it surely it is what it is. Would it have been fine if it had been grey or white but pink is off limits? Would black have been racist?[/quote]Yes, after I wrote that I immediately felt daft!Of course, pink shouldn''t be just associated with women but it was the ''lowering testosterone'' levels bit I found a little off. Women, of course, also produce testosterone but in far smaller quantities to men. I guess I was just follwing that train of thought. It''s what is implied by the painting something pink... Anyway... See ya!

Nutty is right.

Even 20 years ago doing stadium tour rounds for aspiring Academy players we would show the differences between the Home and Away Dressing rooms at Carrow Road which included amongst other things:

Windows that wouldn’t open

No hooks above benches to hang clothes

(Permanently) unfixed ice machine

Heating turned up

Poor quality benches

General shabby appearance

..all of which was entirely deliberate to gain an edge, make the opposition less comfortable, remind them they were in a hostile environment, etc.

Parma

Unfortunately at Carrow Road, we don''t also give the opposition support deliberate and less comfortable viewing and refreshment facilities.....I personally think the away support are pampered with their unrestricted viewing and superb refreshment facilities at Carrow Road.

The away support facilities and unrestricted viewing at Carrow Road are somewhat better than certain inferior areas in our stadium where our home supporters sit. I think our away ''end'' is personally one of the best away facility and unrestricted viewing ends in most of our professional English football grounds and stadiums.....

Therefore, on match days in the away end concourse, should we block the bogs, serve warm beer/lager, and pop, with cold pies, pasties and sausage rolls - coupled with soggy inedible chips and tepid bovril, tea an'' coffee.

Without delay, we must also install uncomfortable pink wooden backless seats in the away end.....

That''ll keep ''em quiet......

FGS - who cares? If it has no effect we have only applied a coat of paint (that probably needed applying anyway) so what is the harm? It isnt as if it was farke and the players doing the painting and stopping them from training on dealing with crosses is it?

Clubs use a huge variety of devices to enable the smallest of psychological advantage; that the BBC have chosen to run with it because of the colour chosen seems odd to me.

I also find it odd, if sadly predictable, that the usual cohort of fans decide it is another good stick to beat the club with and generating a storm in a tea cup.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]........

Without delay, we must also install uncomfortable pink wooden backless seats in the away end.....

That''ll keep ''em quiet......[/quote]
As they stand all game anyway may as well save some dosh and make it pink seatless too....

Standing in the stadium is illegal.....throw the away standing support out -and that''ll leave less than a few hundred away supporters, and we can out sing and verbally intimidate that remaining amount....Oh yeah....

Painting the dressing room pink is not an issue...... telling people you have done it and why is plain stupid.

[quote user="Mike "]Painting the dressing room pink is not an issue...... telling people you have done it and why is plain stupid.[/quote]
Not really, Mike - they are planting the seed - the psychological trick of suggestion......as in - "it''s pink and will lower your testosterone level", they will laugh at it, but the seed is planted in their minds......

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]It isnt as if it was farke and the players doing the painting and stopping them from training on dealing with crosses is it?

[/quote]

Maybe this is what is needed, poor results lead to chores/team building exercises!

I hope Preston and Doirty Leedz don''t play against us wearing Pink Strips.....Ooh err, that''ll be like freaky reverse psychology.....

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="Mike "]Painting the dressing room pink is not an issue...... telling people you have done it and why is plain stupid.[/quote]
Not really, Mike - they are planting the seed - the psychological trick of suggestion......as in - "it''s pink and will lower your testosterone level", they will laugh at it, but the seed is planted in their minds......
[/quote]

Radio 5 had a section on it yesterday and frankly, they made us look like idiots. Webber needs to shut up, realise this is big club where stupid comments get seized on and start doing his job ie winning games.

The whole thing has us as a joke and if you do not see that then you, my friend, are in denial.

Easiest team talk Alex Neil will ever have to give...

Well I mean I suppose indirectly it''s Webber''s responsibility to win games but it''s an odd line to toe.

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]

Radio 5 had a section on it yesterday and frankly, they made us look like idiots. Webber needs to shut up, realise this is big club where stupid comments get seized on and start doing his job ie winning games.

The whole thing has us as a joke and if you do not see that then you, my friend, are in denial.

Easiest team talk Alex Neil will ever have to give...[/quote]
If we win tonight I wouldn''t care one bit whether the away dressing room was pink, adorned with lace curtains and dressing tables or whatever.

Easiest team talk Alex Neil will ever have to give...

Really ? What’s he going to say ? “ Look lads, they’ve painted the walls pink, if that doesn’t make you angry then nothing will ! “

I would rather rely upon prowess on the field of play than any psychological advantage supposedly gained by the state of the dressing room.

The only way, surely, to lull any opponents into a false sense of security is to make the away dressing room as splendid as possible with every mod con conceivable.

False psychology which will only fire opponents up once they are aware of such a pathetic attempt to dupe them.

Really ? What’s he going to say ? “ Look lads, they’ve painted the walls pink, if that doesn’t make you angry then nothing will ! “

If i was Alex Neil i would simply say look lads they are so scared of us they are painting the walls pink ,

Go prove to me we are mentally stronger than that and lets give them a hard rough game to prove this does not work

I think Alex will use his dismissal ahead of the colour of the walls; given the media coverage it will get a mention I am sure, but more flippant.

The walls were pink for the WBA game too, so the timing seems like its a deflectionary tactic more than anything.

Given the way that the Stevenage players collectively went to sleep for our first goal last week I would say that the evidence so far suggests that the pink walls plan is working perfectly........................

It isn''t psychology, its physiology - in particular the effects that colours can have on the body, and how an hormonal response can be triggered by varying colours and shades. 
Fascinating area of research.

Very much psychology as the subliminal always is.

Definition:-

"Perpetrating a stimulus or mental process below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone''s mind without their being aware of it."

Having said that I feel that Webber & Co.are out of their depth with this and should concentrate upon the footballing side of running Norwich City rather than acting like some backroom geeks at Tesco intent upon influencing our behaviour ie. getting us to spend more.

@BroadstairsR
Getting a bit O/T but yes and no! This isn''t subliminal as such (a la Derren Brown type things).  Opposition players aren''t being made to "feel" a certain way, or have certain impulses, by some message delivered without them realising.
This is a hormonal response to specific neurons firing as a direct result of external stimuli.  In this case seeing a colour (the perception of which is another fascinating area of research).  I would suggest that this is more akin to feeling nauseous as a result of an inner-ear imbalance, than a "backroom geek" (aside; what is that exactly?) making you buy more pot-noodles.
Anyway, fascinating stuff regardless and if it helps - brilliant.