Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New striker incoming?

Well, if you are to believe this report, then we’re in the driving seat. If so, must mean there’s some movement on the the Oliveira front I’m guessing (perhaps he’s going the other way?)...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/20/norwich-battling-aston-villa-to-sign-ligue-1-striker-julio-tavar/

[quote user="Ben"]

Ben, to you
(and I still prefer the Square and Compass)
[/quote]

Haha, next time you’re down then you’re welcome to give me a shout for a pint, Ben 👍

This Tavares guy looks very good to me, and I feel would really suit both the style we’re trying to implement, and the Championship. Big, strong, fast, two footed, a good variety of goals, decent heading, can take a penalty too. If Jordan Rhodes gets injured then we could be in trouble up top so I’d definitely like to see this happen, though how much truth is in it, I don’t know.

https://youtu.be/mO5Dxn218e4

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Does any know if there is an option to buy Rhodes after the loan?[/quote]

I heard a rumour at the time if signing that one of the stumbling blocks was the option to buy and that we didn''t want that as part of the deal. Seems strange though, so I''m guessing Wednesday wanted some sort of guarantee of purchase.

[quote user="king canary"]Spending 2.5m on a 29 year old seems unlikely.[/quote]

Not to mention another non homegrown player to struggle to fit in the match day squad.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Ben"]

Ben, to you
(and I still prefer the Square and Compass)
[/quote]

Haha, next time you’re down then you’re welcome to give me a shout for a pint, Ben 👍 [/quote]
Will do, as a favourite walk is pint in the Scott Arms pub, lunch on the Marines memorial, then up and down the hideous hills before a pint in the S&C, plus the obligatory pasty
ps did you know that some of the binners trophies are older that what is in the S&C fossil room ?

It''s a (possible) loan. If he tears the league up then £2.5m is a bargain for a 29 year old, if he doesn''t we send him back.

[quote user="curious yellow"]Heaven must be missing an angel.[/quote]
Don''t take away the Julio

Interesting one this one, his age definitely seems on the high side with a view of one for the future. Would be a tad surprised if we could afford Rhodes and this guy... That said it would be nice to see it happen, he looks like a decent option up front if Rhodes isn''t working/fit.

Yes totally agree Square & Compass do nice pasties, must pop in for a beer soon Alex. After losing our two old dogs last year we have a new pup and he will love the Purbecks!

Maybe after Srbenys shocker against Stevenage they''ve decided we need some back up to Rhodes#

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]

Yes totally agree Square & Compass do nice pasties, must pop in for a beer soon Alex. After losing our two old dogs last year we have a new pup and he will love the Purbecks![/quote]
don''t let him near the chickens !

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Interesting one this one, his age definitely seems on the high side with a view of one for the future. Would be a tad surprised if we could afford Rhodes and this guy... That said it would be nice to see it happen, he looks like a decent option up front if Rhodes isn''t working/fit.

Yes totally agree Square & Compass do nice pasties, must pop in for a beer soon Alex. After losing our two old dogs last year we have a new pup and he will love the Purbecks![/quote]

29 is no age now for a striker, I watched Glen Murray tear Man U apart Sunday at the ripe old age of 34!

Ah... Ok. Just reading some comments from Farke''s presser and it seems he''s suggesting there''s nothing in this one.What a shame, if true, as he looked a pretty interesting player.