Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

positive note

Amongst all the doom and gloom on here, did palace not make the playoffs form about 16th at xmas, did that lot down the road not make the playoffs after being the same as us no wins in 1st six games. i still believe this team has the ability to put a run together, seven sraight wins we are back in it, not impossible after all this is the team we all had faith in getting promoted, before the kick off.

And pigs could fly!

You are right of course, - it could happen, but Palace had some good players in the midfield, which we do not, and their defence did not leak like a sieve.

At our best, if we play as we have in short periods, then we could be play-off candidates, but I fear that teams like Sheffield United, Wolves, Luton, etc. either have skills we lack or a team spirit which seems to be missing. They have been building a team whereas we have been nearly replacing most players.

If I have little doubt we could play better, whether under the present or new management, but I doubt whether we have the overall quality in depth to be serious challengers!

[quote]Amongst all the doom and gloom on here, did palace not make the playoffs form about 16th at xmas, did that lot down the road not make the playoffs after being the same as us no wins in 1st six games. ...[/quote]

Of course it is possible and as Saint canary has pointed out elsewhere the funadamentals of the squad are there - but we do have to get this team organised and the responsibility for this lies with Worthy - we can do it but can worthy identify the issues and do something about it.  If he thinks it is confidence then has to pick the team up (can he do it?), if its poor strikers what is he going to change.

Change is needed from the first 6 games and it is not too late, but if there is no sign of  change (and no incoming players yesterday, ad ian pearce as a target, is a bad sign imo) then it will be difficult.

And comparing us to palace of three years agois ok but didnt they change their manager first?  Such a rapid turn around with a new manager only happens once in a blue moon...

OTBC    

Well said, Ricky!
I feel like I''ve been chained to the River End and forced to endure the worst of the moaners when I come on here, sometimes.

Before you all jump on me about how you''re "just saying what everyone''s thinking", or "this is a place for discussion - we''re all entitled to our views", YES, you''re right.
I just feel that there''s not enough balance and the pessimists (read realists if you prefer, but I disagree) take up far too much space on these boards.

The bookies and most of the other teams in our division thought we would be right up there all season. We''ve started badly and they are all as relieved as hell, because they know we have the quality of players AND coaching staff to be a real force this year - even after the dreadful opening few games we''ve had.
These outsiders aren''t mugs and neither are 95% of the posters on here. City will improve and challenge for the top places by the end of the season.

Now then, take a few deep breaths, give me an online kick in the wossnames if you must, but try and be more positive (or at least a bit less negative!), I promise it won''t ruin your day

(I wish I knew how to put those smilies on!)