Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

New Striker Ideas

Saw QPR linked with Nakki Wells of Burnley which I was rather envious of. If not we have to be ambitious and see if we can get either Solanke at Liverpool or Abraham at Chelsea or Eddie Nkitah at Arsenal. I would favour Wells or Nkitah due to having pace and offering foil for Rhodes if needed.

With about one week to go it looks as if the arrival of the loan deadline day will be as exciting as the last transfer day that has just gone.

I hope Sky are up to it.

Another striker would be nice ... depends upon our youth in the long run admittedly ... but for now may be this 29 years old would be an ideal fit.

If TK goes then a replacement must have been targeted.

Based on Pukki''s work rate and goals/assists recently, plus the assumption that Rhodes is our main no.9 - where do you see another striker coming in, and if this is to be as a super-sub type player, do you really think a Solanke, Wells or Abraham would be up for this?

"Based on Pukki''s work rate and goals/assists recently, plus the assumption that Rhodes is our main no.9 - where do you see another striker coming in, and if this is to be as a super-sub type player, do you really think a Solanke, Wells or Abraham would be up for this?"

You under estimate the prevalence of injuries, loss of form and even suspensions over a long forty six game season (+ cup games.)

Also, a well-chosen striker substitution can change a match more than any other, imo. You can never have enough ... well nearly in any case.

I don''t think Lewis was meaning about having enough, more that players like those suggested are unlikely to be allowed to leave their parent clubs to play as a 3rd choice striker behind Rhodes & Pukki, and the players themselves are going to want playing time rather than being on the subs bench each week which they can often do at their home clubs.
Wells may be different in that aspect to Abraham or Solanke, but we''re not going to cover strong wages just for him to fight with Srbeny for the 3rd striker spot...

Swansea had to pay Chelsea over £2m to get Tammy Abrahams on loan last season. Do you realistically see Norwich paying that kind of loan fee for a 2nd choice striker?

Solanke and Abrahams are Premier League quality players, if they do go on loan (and I doubt either will) then it isn’t to sit on benches anywhere.