Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Klose On His Way ?

Don''t think it would be a massive loss if we can bring in a capable replacement on loan. Not been overly consistent...can be the best centre back we have but switches off a lot.

Our only way of plugging this gap in the squad would be to loan in someone.....trying to think which premier league club has a 4/5th choice centre half they could spare??

Unless there''s an out if favour bundesliga defender incoming?

Getting a fee before his contract runs out makes sense. Also being one of our highest earners. We’d obviously get someone in on loan. Think he often gets a bit bullied and never really adapted 100% to English football. Especially the championship. Just hope farke doesn’t see Godfrey as his replacement as I think his best position is dcm

Although he''s very well regarded at Carrow Road for the most part, the defence clearly needs an overhaul and perhaps a change of personnel might achieve this.

Last season, and now this so far, the defensive unit has been suspect for a lot of the time. TM has played apart in this general malaise.

£4m could easily buy a decent replacement centre back and re-enforce the right back position (yes right back ... not wing back.)

They have pinned a lot of aspiration down the road on getting Curtis Tilt from Blackpool, but Evans won''t reach the required million or so.

I know nothing about the player, but we could do worse than take a look and could outbid the binners if it came to it.

Something hasn''t quite clicked yet but it is still early doors. Perhaps getting a fee for Klose wouldn''t be the worst thing, but we''d need a decent replacement lined up - I guess it could be from the continent, the PL loan route is often pretty expensive.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Something hasn''t quite clicked yet but it is still early doors. Perhaps getting a fee for Klose wouldn''t be the worst thing, but we''d need a decent replacement lined up - I guess it could be from the continent, the PL loan route is often pretty expensive.[/quote]
I''ve missed seeing Zimmermann in the team in the league so far this season.  Someone will say he makes the occasional mistake, but then all defenders do.....I like his attitude and his spirit to do well for the club.

The rumour is 2-4m Euros so not too bad. It''s what we can get in that I''m more concerned about, as with we''d be too short at c/b (unless Russ stays...).

Bit worried by this we have a Defence leaking goals one that has been trained most of last season and one that has a full pre-season together which is not working

Now we are going to sell someone who can be a very capable experienced defender and replace him with a young PL loan player or someone from Overseas who has never played in this league

chances are the new player is going to have to take time to Adjust if he is from overseas or been playing under 23''s

Just musings , but Farke and Co don''t really seem to get the Championship Centre Half thing do they? Last year I went to Millwall and we were so utterly abject that the Club nipped out and blew a large and unbudgeted amount on Hanley.

We are almost there again. Zimmerframe was poor against Stevenage, giving away the ball, then the free kick for their goal ( I know its only one game but) - Franke was going to be great but wasn''t .

Add in this Zonal marking (not Hanley''s cup of tea I''m sure) , a desire to play three at the back or at least to push your wings backs on (and therefore expose your Centre backs , and for them all to Beckenbauer-esque , and I wonder if he is trying something that just doesn''t work in the Championship?

Tettey''s Jig

Said it before, I would like us to look at Omar Beckles from Shrewsbury. Guy is a class act and would dominate in the air

So long as it isn''t Omar Shrewsbury from Beccles

(I''ll get me coat)

2m+ and decent wages for him and he will go. Shame as he has been our best def this year. Given our weaknesses against crosses and the potential need to go the a back 3 a replacement is a must, and a good one to.

As much as i love zimm he is not good on crosses or in the air, esp in a back 4, check out sheff weds away with handley as evidence, and qpr away. Great in a three eap against a ball playing side like leeds.

To those suggesting russ i can only disagree. He remains a great committed pro but despite the suggestions he wont have improved by not playing. He wasnt good enough the last two seasons and wont be better now.

Godfrey may be an option but would be a risk to just rely on him.

Aerially commanding with leadership tendencies, some pace and able to play with the ball at his feet. Preference for a home grown player as we are already being limited in team selections.

Sounds expensive. I hope webbers scouting is on the ball and ready.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]As someone has said elsewhere, would be funny to get Tilt from Blackpool just to annoy the binners[/quote]
Well Norfolkandgood, who previously has been in the know had said we had lined up a lower league striker, but needed Nelson to leave first

We''d been linked with Cameron John from Wolves earlier in the window, but he''s only 19(?). Wouldn''t be surprised to see Webber going back for a former signing. Don''t know how close Kortney Hause is to Wolves first team, or if he''s even good enough for us, but he''s the type of fringe signing I can see us going for.

"As someone has said elsewhere, would be funny to get Tilt from Blackpool just to annoy the binners."

Carter-Vickers is another they revere. He was on loan with them from Spurs, I think, and many are keen to have him back.

There are a few decent replacements about, especially with the benefit of about 4m Euros.

Who are we going to get that will seriously replace Timm Klose? Would be stupid to sell him irrespective of him being in his last year.

IMO we''ll be selling (or loaning out) Klose, Pinto and Olivera by the end of the month Neither K or P are consistently good enough for a top six Championship defence, and we might as well get on with integrating Zimmerman / Godfrey and Passlack / Aarons.

Nelson Olivera has been training with the Kids so as soon as we can get him gone sooner we can get the ball rolling on another coming in

We let goals in for fun last season, and are doing so again, so a fresh start in defense isn''t going to be any worse than now, which is ropey at best!

Raggett is not the answer, and I feel Godfrey is more suited to the physicality of Championship than Timm, but hoping we can get a gem that would suit us well.

Would be great to clear out NO and Russ, just to free up wages.

It still frustrates me about managers when someone like Godfrey looked superb in DCM role for Shrewsbury last season, yet Farke hasn''t gone for that once.

I think that''s Godfrey''s best position and would like to try him and Thompson together in the middle which I feel would protect our defence much more, plus give us more energy and would free up likes of Leitner and Hernandez & Pukki

No club is going to want to send a player out on loan at this stage unless they are desperate to get rid of a pants player, or the loan fee is rediculously high. If Timm goes then we are more likley to muddle on with what we''ve got until January. It also pretty rules out reverting back to 3 CBs as we won''t have sufficient cover if one gets injured.