Sign in to follow this  
pete

Canary call love In

Rob whatsisname and Simon Lappin laud Alex Tettey. After what AT described was his worst performance in a city shirt and notched a fortunate screamer Rob and Simon went overboard in their praise of AT.

I don''t know if it was his worst performance certainly one of the worst among a host of others. Tettey played second game in 4 days after no pre season a possible reason for the poor performance. Now Leeds in 3 days will Alex''s knees make it. Is Farke trying to finish AT''s career?

Fortunate AT''s goal return is indicative of how lucky he got and doesn''t merit such praise from Canary Call. AT up and running on the yellows with one that was completely unnecessary.

Tettey had a bad game but he is normally one of our better performers plus his attitude is 100%... love the guy and people can do one booinb him and having a pop... if others did their jobs at the club like him god knows where we would be...

[quote user="Lewis DW"]If Tettey''s job is to pass sideways and backwards, then he is doing a wonderful job.[/quote]

Have a look at our win rate last year with & without Tettey ... A fit Tetty is one of the first players that should be on the team sheet. More games he get''s, the better he will be (obviously managing his workload).

If all you think he does is pass side ways then you need a course on game management my friend.

[quote user="Mike"]A fit Tettey is one of the first players that should be on the team sheet. More games he get''s, the better he will be (obviously managing his workload).[/quote]I couldn''t agree more Mike, but the honest truth is that he''s not looked fully fit, he missed most of pre-season with illness and many fans are wondering why he''s been brought in from the start despite this, when options like Godfrey and Thompson were readily available?
I''d personally have rather given him a bit more time to get his fitness to where it needed to be before playing league games and given the younger players a chance to impress, but I''m not the manager and I don''t see what happens in training or what Farke is thinking tactically so it''s hard to make assumptions.

He mentioned missing the pre-season in his interview. I remember how rubbish he looked in those games last season (possibly why Farke didn''t play him to start with); I think he needs a few matches to get his eye in & be genuinely match fit. Let''s hope he''s properly up & running now.