Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Tettey

How ever did he get another contract,gives the ball away all the time passes backwards and sideways.Leeds and Ipshit must be thinking easy 3 points,God I am bored with this crap

I feel a bit sorry for him- he''s being played in a role that entirely minimises his strengths and maximises his weaknesses. Asking the ball to go through him as much as it does is just a terrible idea.

He is very slow with the ball and can’t do anything with it except for playing it to the side and backwards. He is a journeyman now. He is far from his best form and is not good enough for a team trying to push for promotion. Strange team handling from Farke, Tettey was injured for large parts of the pre season and now use him all the time even though he is not in form.

Tony Cottee "Tettey has had such a poor game but what a strike" what is he doing playing Saturday and Wednesday. Might miss Leeds gives us a sniff.

Tettey was absolutely garbage tonight. Poor control and gave the ball away so often - almost decisively when they broke and hit the bar.

Sure, the goal was an absolute worldy, but don’t let that gloss over the fact that for 87 mins he was shocking

Tettey had a poor game tonight but why on earth is he dropping into the back four to pick up the ball. Tettey is always at his best when he''s asked to just win the ball infront of the back four and pass it simple. I can only presume he''s been asked to do that what happened tonight and that just plays to all the weak areas of his game. I don''t think he was the big issue in the performance tonight though, the side was so pedestrian until the subs came on.

Tettey was poor - even ignoring the goal.

But I agree it is a result of him playing a role he is unsuited to. Today''s role reminded me of how David Fox played for us a couple of years ago - Playmaker who picks the ball up from the back four and takes responsibility for distribution to the more advanced players. Tettey just doesn''t have the passing range for that role.

This was compounded by the fact I thought our movement was pretty static in the midfield. We played a fair few attack minded players who wanted to get in behind the opposition and not drop in to pick the ball up. There were a fair few times when Tettey had to either pass side/backwards, to a marked Leitner or just punt the ball over the top. Not ideal options.

The strike was a superb hit though.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Tettey was absolutely garbage tonight. Poor control and gave the ball away so often - almost decisively when they broke and hit the bar.

Sure, the goal was an absolute worldy, but don’t let that gloss over the fact that for 87 mins he was shocking[/quote]

Spot on.

I am a big fan of tetty at this level but tonight was not his best game though the goal was great. By his own admission he missed a lot of pre season so fitness is playing catch up. In addition he is being asked to do too much work when paired with leitner who is very lightweight and at the moment not worth his place

What a goal.....admitted himself that he''d had a bit of a stinker.....I don''t mind, he made up for his poor performance with that exceptional strike.....

I''m still trying to work out what bearing any of this has on the ipswich game. 
Despite him being poor tonight he''d walk into their team.
It seems some folk are gagging for us to get beat there. It will happen in the end you know. I''ve never seen either side have such a long period of dominance. How on earth would people cope if it was us who hadn''t won for nearly 10 years...

I think credit and blame is due when necessary.

By his own admission, Wednesdays game was his worst in a Norwich shirt (including THAT throw in). He''s owned up to it, and his frustration with himself is what also lead to a goal that takes us out of negative GD.

After the game he could of dismissed the way he played, and focus only on the goal he scored. he didn''t. He''s owned up to his poor performance. This can only benefit him. people talk about his age but he''s no where near retirement. There''s still a fire there that wants to play every game. He knows he has to do better and if his words bare any meaning behind them, he will make sure he does do better.

all credit to the lad. Give him a rest for leads, let BG or Thompson have a chance to impress, and start the battle for that position.

He''s had a good innings for Norwich City but I feel he''s best used sparingly from now on and when the occasion demands, either within a match or during the season.

He''s blocking younger players who need encouragement and when they see last night''s poor showing from AT they might get discouraged by the fact that he assumes preference over them, which is the last thing we want.

Any fans abusing Tettey need to take a long look at themselves. A great servant who does not deserve abuse after a couple of below par games. Fans should watch his post match interview from last night.

However, given the apparent widespread acknowledgment that he can’t play every game I am slightly bemused as to why Farke appears to be over playing him when he missed all of pre season and we actually do have cover on the bench this season in Thompson and Tettey. Very strange.

He was poor yesterday by his own admission but it''s not really a positional problem because if the ball comes to him Leitner always shows for the ball to give him an easy option. He just had a poor game which he admitted to himself. Probably doesn''t help, the amount of football he has been asked to play so perhaps he will miss Leeds.
However, I can understand when you''ve got a support that is openly boo-ing a long established player at the club, you might not want to bring a young player on in replacement.

Was clearly frustrated with his own performance during the match, was getting tired and decided just to welly it. The first shot was a marker, it was fortunate it came back to him again to make it count the second time.  Great strikes, both of them, just as well he has the ability to do that and was able to make up for his otherwise poor performance in the best possible way. 

Tettey was diabolical tonight. I was furious when he gave the ball away (for the umpteenth time) and they hit the bar, if that goes in we lose the game most probably.

However you''ve got to credit his character to come out the way he did on Radio Norfolk and acknowledge he was shocking and what a goal to make up for it at the end! He will go down as a club legend surely but last night was possibly his worst game in a Norwich shirt until 86 minutes.

My observation of Tettey last night was an expectation to do more with the ball that he is comfortable with.

His strength is to win it and move it on quickly to a nearby playmaker.

I noticed last night he got it back and was either caught in possession or played a hurried ball sideways or backwards.

Booing is basically not good when booing at a player who crumbles. But when you boo a real winner he will get angry/mad and then go on to score a screamer in anger and force it in with his wrong foot.

So last nights booing at Tettey got the wanted outcome of a booing. Sometimes booing is nessesary to wake up a player who is drifting towards mediocrity.

At times he looked like he was struggling to stay on his feet. Really, really lethargic both physically and mentally. Two possibilities here really:

a) He''s an older player and no longer has that athleticism which his game so relied on.

b) He''s had no pre-season so needs to get up to peak fitness for his game to thrive.

I have never been a huge Tettey fan, but I can certainly appreciate what he brings to the team when on peak form. I''m hoping it''s option b), but time will tell this season.

I share the frustration at his terrible performance but now I''ve calmed down and think about it I hope he can crack on and improve. I''d definitely want him on the ball less though.

Away from him, leitner also had a terrible game. Perhaps both were tactically not playing to their strengths or, perhaps Preston were good at forcing mistakes. Either way I''m hoping for a different pairing come Saturday.

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]I share the frustration at his terrible performance but now I''ve calmed down and think about it I hope he can crack on and improve. I''d definitely want him on the ball less though.

Away from him, leitner also had a terrible game. Perhaps both were tactically not playing to their strengths or, perhaps Preston were good at forcing mistakes. Either way I''m hoping for a different pairing come Saturday.[/quote]
That would suggest that they had done the homework and knew what perceived weaknesses could be worked on. AN would certainly know what was the best method to approach with Tettey.
Unfortunately this idea seems to escape many on here who will warble on about who should start the next game, seemingly oblivious to the thought that the team selection might just be based on how to counter the opponents threats and how to exploit their weaknesses, than it just being who had a good game last week.
It may be that Farke wanted a more experienced player in the middle as Preston have a habit of trying to get players to retaliate with their rather physical game - as seem by Browne who looks like his hair was cut with a blunt shovel and played like his head had then been given a few bangs to get him ready for the game.
ps it was a bit silly of Tettey to get himself booked for taking off his shirt given the number of bookings he usually gets

The bloke has class and humility. He was not seen as a squad player but because he is a professional he has worked hard to change the opinion of the coach and recruitment team to cement himself as a regular starter. He leads both on and off the pitch in terms of both actions and words. He is a squad unifier.

Not from him sulks or attempts to create divisions behind the scenes. Precisely the type of player quality we need more of.

As for his booking thats the passion coming through. Yes it was s stupid booking but an expression of relief having recognised his own poor performance. Again as he said post match he does do bookings this season...

Despite being a huge tettey fan, and I have no doubt he will start on saturday again, it seems to me that he has not yet overcome his illness and regained full fitness. So I would happily give him a rest on Sat and give Louis Thompson his chance in his stead. If he does start recognise that lack of full fitness and replace him with one of the two talented but unproven youngsters on the bench.

AT also scored one of the finest goals I''ve ever seen from a City player.

I was abroad at the time so I only got BBC World News cuts and haven''t delved it since. Tremendous shot, much better even than last night''s effort, rivaling the Fash. effort and bettered only by the Gosser (x2)

It was in the Premier League but I remember little else.

In fact so stirred up am I that I will now trawl YouTube just in case it''s there.