Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Pukki

What a find.
Constantly involved, took his goal superbly again last night. Perfectly placed, as with v Stevenage
Maybe Lewis should be moved moved further upfield as his creativity seems wasted at LB

Agreed, the two goals mentioned were dispatched exceptionally well.

Seems we have two or three gems this year, rather than just the one in Maddison last yr.

OTBC

Yes, very much like the look of him. Agressive, good movement, good finishing. If he gets 10/15 goals this season would be a phenomenal signing.

[quote user="Ian"]Yes, very much like the look of him. Agressive, good movement, good finishing. If he gets 10/15 goals this season would be a phenomenal signing.[/quote]
Someone with a bit of bite and can finish clinically. What we have needed. All we need now from him is a bit of Jim Bone crowd ''interaction'' and we would soon get a bit of noise back.
And if Rhodes has dispatched his chances in front of goal we would be in the top 6 - but no criticism of him otherwise.
I also think we will become a bit more ''expansive'' as the season progresses.

I think this lad has got an eye for goal and I would love to see him running off or with Rhodes. I would definiteley see two up front as worth it with those two.

I''m a bit disappointed king canary''s song hasn''t taken off though (I should be so lucky, Teemu, Teemu Pukki etc). I know the rhyme is a little off but you just need to sing it with a bit of a Brummie accent.

Agree entirely, credit to Webber on Pukki and Onel, two great signings, early stages true, but hopefully will only improve.

Have to say with Lewis that side of the pitch is looking like it could terrorise a lot of defences this season.

He''s everything Naismith wasn''t! Not quite a replacement for Maddison but I think he''s got the potential to certainly score more goals

"He''s everything Naismith wasn''t! Not quite a replacement for Maddison but I think he''s got the potential to certainly score more goals."

And he cost zilch and is probably on a much more manageable wage.

Such is footie.

If he continues to impress perhaps he can be used as the yardstick to finally lay the ghost of Naismith?

(Meanwhile the ghost of RVW will still linger above Carrow Road on all but the sunniest, booze-filled, success-ridden afternoon.)

Or a song sung to the Theres No Limit tune:

Pukki, Pukki-Puuki, Pukki-Pukki, Pukki, Teemu Pukki

Just a thought

To the Okey-Cokey Tune

He puts his Right foot in

His Right foot out

In out, in out,

He shakes it all about

He''s our Pukki Pukki

And he turns the game around

That''s what it''s all about

Oh, Pukki, Pukki, Pukki

Oh, Pukki, Pukki, Pukki

Oh, Pukki, Pukki,Pukki

Knees bend, arms stretch

Rah-rah-rah!!

I''m surprised no-one has suggested "Pub league reject, he''s just a pub league reject, pub league reject..." to the tune of Guantanamera.

Apples

I just can’t get past this in my head!

Finland Finland Finland, Pukki is a Canary.......

Finland Finland Finland, Pukki’s our Thierry Henry.....

Those in the know will get the tune!

I liked the look of him and his attributes before we signed him but with Celtic fans so vocally criticial he has surprised me.

Great touch, stronger and quicker than he looks and can shoot with both feet.

[quote user="hogesar"]I liked the look of him and his attributes before we signed him but with Celtic fans so vocally criticial he has surprised me.

Great touch, stronger and quicker than he looks and can shoot with both feet.[/quote]Let''s not forget that Celtic was 4 years ago, he''s had time to develop his game and is arguably now in his prime years which is great for us.
He also seems to have settled fairly well so far, which is something I don''t think he really did at Celtic.

[quote user="hogesar"]I liked the look of him and his attributes before we signed him but with Celtic fans so vocally criticial he has surprised me.

Great touch, stronger and quicker than he looks and can shoot with both feet.[/quote]
thankfully not at the same time
though he certainly has a quality Finnish (arf arf)
also he does seem to fit into the mould of ''players unwanted elsewhere'' that we seem to be finding and getting their careers back on track
him, Buendia and Onel certainly look like they have a good deal more to come