Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Thin Margins & Numbskull fans.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think it''s the ones who go to support the team that get upset. Those on a day out are more like folk at the panto...
[;)]
[/quote]
Jesting or not, that sums it up pretty well.  Cannot accept that boos are intended in any way as being supportive or even a good way of showing dis-satisfaction during a match.

@vos

We didn’t come with all guns firing on Wednesday as already proven, our more attacking side in the first 3 games had yielded 1 point. What was far more important (and ultimately successful) was getting stuck in, being disciplined, organised and planned in our approach and taking opportunities when they came. Eventually we did that and deservedly won the game. As I’ve said before, the balance of defence and attack isn’t yet sorted but I’m encouraged by our readdressing of said balance.

That fans didn’t understand this is simply fickle and a lack of sense.

The problem I have King, is whilst you have a point players from our club and others have come out and said it always does have a negative impact. So I have to take it as read that if the players on the pitch say it doesnt help, id have to agree.

Also this rubbish about it relating to last season is stupid. How is that fair on players who only joined this summer? How are they supposed to know that even though the fans boo their pass its actually coz they werent happy last season? (Even though at home we were considerably better in the second half of the season). So are the fans that are booing booing because of the first half of last season? That seems odd.

Surely things would need to be really bad for the team to receive boos, either during a game, at the break or at the end and this is far from the case at the moment.

Sure, things are not perfect with the status of the club on the whole, and the entitled ones might need to vent long term grievances, and for sure, Farke''s style of play at it''s worse might frustrate on occasions, especially when the team is not getting it''s own way on the pitch but there are less insipid ways of expressing displeasure at the former, whilst it is marginal as to whether the latter situation is improved by a wall of vocal discontent. Perhaps it causes complacency to recognise it''s self on occasions.

My bitch is booing the individual player during a game. I hate it with a vengeance.. It will surely be totally detrimental to that player, the team and the outcome of the match. It is counter productive to genuine support and I see it more as an expression of resentment and jealousy by the pack enjoying having a scapegoat in order to alleviate their own particular frustrations in the life.

No more, no less. An entirely horrible human trait.

My goodness the word b-i-t-c-h was censured. How thoroughly ridiculous. Was Mary Whitehouse part of the original team when this forum was formulated?

Now she was a bitch. Yes I said bitch.

But apparently life''s a bitch and my neighbour''s dog is a bitch as well.

I see good signs of progress and evidence that we have some very talented players. I agree that the early part of the game was turgid but we were under pressure not to lose so played with tactical early approach of containment. The tactics worked so let''s give credit where credit is due.
We may well lose against Leeds but we may also win against a confident consistent side, and the unpredictability itself adds to entertainment.  Let''s get behind Farke, as personally I think he and the director of football are doing a good job on limited resources.
OTBC !!!!

Where were these boos coming from on Wednesday because they certainly were not coming from The City Stand, a little bit of head shaking and shuffling of bums on seats but no booing. Now the Regency Stand never make a noise apparently and The Jarrold are often told to sing up so surely not the flag waving atmosphere building Barclay ?

Some fans will boo if they are not happy, some will sit there and cheer even if what they see is plainly rubbish. It is, as it has always been and this will not change.

I never heard much booing when Brown, Saunders, Walker, Lambert were managers...

Here''s to beating dirty Leeds today....and then we can hopefully build some momentum...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Where were these boos coming from on Wednesday because they certainly were not coming from The City Stand, a little bit of head shaking and shuffling of bums on seats but no booing. Now the Regency Stand never make a noise apparently and The Jarrold are often told to sing up so surely not the flag waving atmosphere building Barclay ?[/quote]

There certainly were some boos from the city stand.

I certainly didn''t hear any booing or whining in the City Stand on Wednesday night.....Although 10 minutes into the game, I was so very bored......

So I plugged my earphones into my Smartphone and watched and listened to some top vibes....First it was the Bay City Rollers (Shangalang''s my fave!) Then I watched some S Club Seven stuff - followed by a few Steps vids.... To finish, I watched ''Cats & Cucumbers'' and some other random very funny YouTube clips until it was full-time. Although frustratingly at times, the glare from the floodlights on my phone screen was a bit annoying!.....Then I stood up and clapped for a bit, picked up my complementary programme from under my le plastique padded pew (that some stupid scoffer had spilled their hot chocolate on)....My programme pages are now stuck together like an old Jazz mag.....

Then I left the ground and went straight home.....as I was bustin'' for a dump.....

Today on match day, the Smartphone''s now fully charged, my earphone''s are at the ready alongside my cherished season ticket tucked in my breast pocket.....Just in case the game against that White Rose Rabble isn''t entertaining enough.....Then at the end, it''ll be a quick clap then off to the boozer.....

Yeah, only Numbskull fans boo and don''t get behind the team....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Where were these boos coming from on Wednesday because they certainly were not coming from The City Stand, a little bit of head shaking and shuffling of bums on seats but no booing. Now the Regency Stand never make a noise apparently and The Jarrold are often told to sing up so surely not the flag waving atmosphere building Barclay ?[/quote]

Didn''t hear any booing in the South Stand J block, think it must have come from Barclay or Snakepit ??

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Where were these boos coming from on Wednesday because they certainly were not coming from The City Stand, a little bit of head shaking and shuffling of bums on seats but no booing. Now the Regency Stand never make a noise apparently and The Jarrold are often told to sing up so surely not the flag waving atmosphere building Barclay ?
[/quote]

Didn''t hear any booing in the South Stand J block, think it must have come from Barclay or Snakepit ??[/quote]
Was certainly audible in the City Stand towards the snake pit. Lots of understandable anger at the mistakes on the pitch mixed in with some booing.  It made for a lively atmosphere though and the noise and encouragement that followed was brlliant.  I find that when a crowd is angry and frustrated, the noise of that is enough to spur on the players and create the right atmosphere - hearing the booing in amongst that just sounds so childish.