Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Thin Margins & Numbskull fans.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The booing was not aimed at the players as individuals but at the style of play the sum of those players were producing for 80 minutes and it was like a repeat of 2017/18 and quite rightly in my opinion the fans are not prepared to stomach that for another 21 home games.
[/quote]
That''s how I saw it Tilly although I wouldn''t say it was really booing, more a series of loud collective groans.
Footballers are in the entertainment business and for the bulk of last Wednesday''s 90 mins we weren''t entertained at all. It is hypocritical to say that I''d rather be on the wrong end of seven goal thrillers every week as we''d be relegated by Christmas but surely we can mix it up a bit better than this ?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree with Till and asms

There a few on here who love to have a go at our support and its hogwash.[/quote]
Hence the use of the word Numbskull by one of them Bury. Pops up everywhere with one liners moderating views that do not fit with his and it should also be noted that Wednesday was the first sub 25,000 crowd at Carrow Road for goodness knows long long and the tripe dished up for 80 minutes against the mighty PNE plus the take on it by Farke will only lead to further falling attendances.
Some should take note of my thread Fan v Fan and yes maybe crescendo''s of booing may be unacceptable in their eyes but how else do you voioce your displeasure ? Oh i forgot stay away or go down the A140.

No idea why youre so desperate for an argument with me Til. Was this thread a one liner from me? Are you just angry that people agree? All very bizarre.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I watched it on Ifollow with Goreham and Lappin commentaries.

The consensus was that this was the worst performance of the season by a fair margin but obviously the best result, in the league anyway.

I haven''t seen the other games but was disappointed for the first 80 minutes for so many reasons.

I felt we were set up wrong and our options were Hernandez getting to the bye line or Rhodes winning an aerial battle against two big defenders.

Poor performances from Tettey (good goal though), Marshall and Lewis.

I would prefer Tettey further up the pitch and Godfrey/Thompson given a run. I just don''t know about Leitner/Trybull. Tidy but that is all. They don''t look anything like game changers to me.

I honestly think Pukki further forward, properly supporting Rhodes could well work better for us and give Hernandez a better option when crossing.

I was informed Marshall was a good crsooer but saw a series of inswinging crosses straight to Rudd.[/quote]

A poor performance from Lewis????? Seriously???? You know which player he is do you??

You want Tettey further up the pitch and Pukki further forward.

Thank God you''re not the manager.

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Going to be plenty of sub 25,000 crowds this season . Wasn’t it a £20 match too ?[/quote]
To be fair it is the holiday season and some people must have been lost to the red button on Sky but the trend is certainly downward.
According to one reliable source they were expecting around 21,500 bums on seats so there were quite a few season ticket holders absent.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]maybe crescendo''s of booing may be unacceptable in their eyes but how else do you voioce your displeasure ? [/quote]
Showing anger or frustration by groaning and shouting out seems quite ok to me if players mess up or perform badly, but booing is a kind of infantile and pathetic response, unless we are losing by two or three, or something serious.  If people who are booing because of general dis-satisfaction at last season or the season before, or the season before that, or the owners - or anything else for that matter - need to forget all that and just respond to what is happening on the pitch in the here and now - shout out in anger and frustration or whatever if necessary - but without the stupid, childish, counter-productive and pointless booing.

"If people who are booing because of general dis-satisfaction at

last season or the season before, or the season before that, or the

owners - or anything else for that matter - need to forget all that and

just respond to what is happening on the pitch in the here and now -

shout out in anger and frustration or whatever if necessary
- but

without the stupid, childish, counter-productive and pointless booing. "
Agreed, how on earth can booing a player during the game be reflective of whats gone on within the club in the past, I will never support Booing our own player during a game, when the game is over I will Boo with the best of them, but not during the game and certainly not to target one of our own players.

Counter productive booing? Seemed to work just fine on Wednesday.

If fans want to boo, so be it. Doesn’t make them inferior to others, or idiots, or even Numbskulls. The superiority complex of some on here is pathetic.

At the end of the day the club, both on and off the pitch, are underperforming compared with recent standards. Fans don’t like it, it’s fair enough. They pay the hard earned money to watch and are entitled to express their feelings.

As I pointed out before, the general fanbase at Norwich is quite placid and incredibly tolerant. If there’s booing in the standards by a couple of hundred fans, you can guarantee it would a couple of thousand fans booing at a similarly sized club, and probably at a much earlier stage too.

"Pops up everywhere with one liners moderating views that do not fit with his..."

Now this did make me chuckle.

Apples

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Counter productive booing? Seemed to work just fine on Wednesday.

If fans want to boo, so be it. Doesn’t make them inferior to others, or idiots, or even Numbskulls. The superiority complex of some on here is pathetic.

At the end of the day the club, both on and off the pitch, are underperforming compared with recent standards. Fans don’t like it, it’s fair enough. They pay the hard earned money to watch and are entitled to express their feelings.

As I pointed out before, the general fanbase at Norwich is quite placid and incredibly tolerant. If there’s booing in the standards by a couple of hundred fans, you can guarantee it would a couple of thousand fans booing at a similarly sized club, and probably at a much earlier stage too.[/quote]
Rubbish. I''ve been to plenty of away matches where the home team have been losing and you hardly ever hear booing by the home fans of their own players or team, at least until after the match. I''m inclined to agree with the op, idiots and numbskulls sums it up pretty well.
And it IS counter productive - collective anger shown at a performance, is much more adult and more likely to get through to a player more than booing, which is a form of ridicule. 
I find that the natural reaction at bad play is to shout in anger and frustration, then to start shouting encouragement - and I know that is what a lot of people do.  The booing is just puerile.

Booing the style of play for 80 minutes?

So did we abandon our style at that time or was it that it worked and people felt stupid booing?

Perhaps they will be happier booing because were losing.

Now we have opposition managers knowing that our fans will help their teams.

This sort of behavior can be far more damaging to the performance than any tactics.

I think booing of players is up there with calling fellow fans numbskulls just because they do not agree with you.

But but but it wasn''t booing as you snowflakes describe. Most of the shock and horror on this thread are coming from those not in attendance I assume.

As for you Lakey, I''ve travelled to many away games over the years and you must have been lucky to never have heard booing from home fans.

Try Spurs, Man U Stoke et al.

I actually thought support was very good on Wednesday despite a total carp performance for 80 minutes.

I should add - shock horror - this board doesn''t represent the views of the majority of ncfc support.

Contributors who post their continual moaning about our own fans, perhaps should take their own regular advice and go and support the binners if you are unhappy.

Numbskull fans indeed what an insult.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Counter productive booing? Seemed to work just fine on Wednesday.

As I pointed out before, the general fanbase at Norwich is quite placid and incredibly tolerant. If there’s booing in the standards by a couple of hundred fans, you can guarantee it would a couple of thousand fans booing at a similarly sized club, and probably at a much earlier stage too.[/quote]
Rubbish. I''ve been to plenty of away matches where the home team have been losing and you hardly ever hear booing by the home fans of their own players or team, at least until after the match. I''m inclined to agree with the op, idiots and numbskulls sums it up pretty well.
And it IS counter productive - collective anger shown at a performance, is much more adult and more likely to get through to a player more than booing, which is a form of ridicule. 
I find that the natural reaction at bad play is to shout in anger and frustration, then to start shouting encouragement - and I know that is what a lot of people do.  The booing is just puerile.
[/quote]

You''re talking like this booing is reflective of one or two games. Its much deeper than that, which you of course know.

As per your comment about no booing at away games, that''s just stupid and irrelevant. Are you trying to suggest booing is exclusive to Norwich, just because you haven''t heard it elsewhere?

Delia and co get off very lightly. There are many examples of demonstrations at other clubs in regard to ownership and running of the club that are far more vociferous than we''ll ever experience at Carrow Road.

Wondered when a comment along the lines of ‘well the booing worked blah blah we won’. Our tactics were the same throughout. We played a mixture of short and long balls throughout the game (i mentioned earlier a short sideways pass and a long ball getting much the same reaction in less than a minute during the first half). Yes a long ball created the first goal but it was simply the first decent long ball that had been played combined with our change of formation meaning Lewis was much further up the pitch. The team actually continued with the usual passing game despite the grumbling from the crowd. It certainly didn’t spur them on or encourage long balls.

Delia ought to be ritually booed at every game - win, lose or draw.

After 22 years we have seen enough to know that she is no good at running a professional football club and she does not even take the task that seriously, as she ought to.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Or calling other fans Delia Sycophants Mike. Or even pots calling kettles black ....[/quote]

That was in frustration of the usual insults casually aimed at people who are not 100% convinced about the current set up.... but you are right, I should not of sunk to their childish level...

Sorry it irked you so much

[quote user="lincoln canary"]
Delia and co get off very lightly. There are many examples of demonstrations at other clubs in regard to ownership and running of the club that are far more vociferous than we''ll ever experience at Carrow Road.[/quote]
Well, isn''t that strange. Or perhaps not so strange. Perhaps the vast majority of Norwich City supporters, as opposed to a few in cyberspace, have a better opinion of how Smith and Jones are as owners than these fans of other clubs have of theirs.Canary fans showed towards the end of the Chase era that if they felt really aggrieved they would be stirred to action, so the current lack of protests cannot be down just to Norfolk apathy.The simple explanation is often the right one. And the simple explanation is that most Norwich City fans simply don''t share your antagonism towards S&J.

I doubt anyone is 100% convinced about the current set-up, but don''t feel the need to blame it for everything.

Yes it can be frustrating the way we play, but we saw in the first half against WBA how it can work well. I imagine that''s how we''d like to play all the time but v PNE it was more horses-for-courses to get a result.

[quote user="hogesar"]No idea why youre so desperate for an argument with me Til. Was this thread a one liner from me? Are you just angry that people agree? All very bizarre.[/quote]
You post then then sit back and expect anybody who disagrees with it not to respond do you ? Yes one or two have agreed with you but several have also agreed with me. It is called debate not argument.

It is also the case that the person in a minority of one is also the person who is right. The vast majority of people follow the herd because they don''t feel comfortable about being the odd one out, or being an outcast. You could also say that their bellies are yellow and their balls not cast in steel.

Have you ever asked yourself why the unofficial dress code of the masses is black top and blue jeans?

The answer to that strikes at the heart of the issue.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
Canary fans showed towards the end of the Chase era that if they felt really aggrieved they would be stirred to action, so the current lack of protests cannot be down just to Norfolk apathy.
[/quote]
Back in 1995 Purple how many people had a laptop or a mobile phone for that matter ? Where was this messageboard , Facebook or Twatter in the Chase era because i recall the only option to voice displeasure at what was going on were protests and meetings. Boots on the ground as opposed to fingers on a keyboard or mobile.

The forerunner of this messageboard was the Soapbox section in the Pinkun newspaper.

In those days you had to send in a proper written letter by post and it had to be accepted for publication by the editor.

Letters had to have a valid argument and it was not acceptable simply to write in to have a go at other Soapboxers.