Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for today

I await Ricardo''s verdict.  We have been undone by a good side IMO and people are far too negative.   I for one did not expect us to win.

[quote user="paul moy"]We have been undone by a good side IMO
[/quote]
Thet finished level with us last season - they''ve moved on and we''ve gone backwards

If he could get the defence sorted out he could win back my support. Also the midfield and attack. And goalkeeping. Other than that......

paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 4:39 PM:

I await Ricardo''s verdict. We have been undone by a good side IMO and people are far too negative. I for one did not expect us to win.

3-0 at home is a tonking. I couldn’t give a shit about anyone’s verdict. You’re either on a wind up or just a tool

[quote user="paul moy"]I await Ricardo''s verdict.  We have been undone by a good side IMO and people are far too negative.   I for one did not expect us to win.
[/quote]
Too negative?
You are a fool.

It was palatable, although obviously not ideal, to accept that we couldn''t compete with all the money sloshing about in the Prem.

The uncomfortable truth is that now looks to be the case in the second tier as well.

[quote user="paul moy"]I await Ricardo''s verdict.  We have been undone by a good side IMO and people are far too negative.   I for one did not expect us to win. [/quote]

..but we haven''t been able to compete today against a team that finished one place ahead of us last season. We have been consistently poor at defending this season, which was the same criticism at this time last season. Not enough progress for me I''m afraid.

Kalvin Phillips spectacularly dives to block a Trybull shot on goal in the penalty area.   Not a goal so it don''t count for anything in people''s minds.

How have we have fallen this far in under a year and half?

We sacked Alex Neil for failing to achieve promotion to the premier league, lingering around the playoffs simply wasn’t good enough.

Along came golden boy Webber and what exactly has he delivered for us?

Forget all this philosophy bo**cks, If he had appointed the right manager at the start of last season and made a couple of decent signings, we would’ve had a squad/setup that was more than capable of achieving promotion.

Webber signed the players, Webber brought in the coach.

As frustrated as I am with Farke, Stuart is just as culpable!

[quote user="Herman"]Well that was fucking depressing.
[/quote]
Yeah, all that on top of your Brexit moaning .........

paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 4:54 PM:

Kalvin Phillips spectacularly dives to block a Trybull shot on goal in the penalty area. Not a goal so it don''t count for anything in people''s minds.

Tool it is then...

[quote user="paul moy"]Let''s see how we do against Ipswich.
[/quote]
Why?  Are you totally mental?
So what if we beat them?
It''s papering over the cracks for a couple more games.
WAKE UP

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman"]Well that was fucking depressing.
[/quote]
Yeah, all that on top of your Brexit moaning .........
[/quote]
You keep hoping it will get better,but in the end,you have to admit it is just as bad as people have been saying.

[quote user="STAN"]How have we have fallen this far in under a year and half?

We sacked Alex Neil for failing to achieve promotion to the premier league, lingering around the playoffs simply wasn’t good enough.

Forget all this philosophy bo**cks, If he had appointed the right manager at the start of last season and made a couple of decent signings, we would’ve had a squad/setup that was more than capable of achieving promotion.

As frustrated as I am with Farke, Stuart is just as culpable![/quote]
Neil frittered away money, so no comparison.   Farke had to sell Maddison amongst others to balance the books and has worked with peanuts.

[quote user="paul moy"]Kalvin Phillips spectacularly dives to block a Trybull shot on goal in the penalty area.   Not a goal so it don''t count for anything in people''s minds.
[/quote]
It''s a pity we don''t have anyone who can block shots, especially a goalkeeper. I think it''s called defending.
Watch the highlights

[quote user="ref89"][quote user="paul moy"]Let''s see how we do against Ipswich.
[/quote]
Why?  Are you totally mental?
So what if we beat them?
It''s papering over the cracks for a couple more games.
WAKE UP
[/quote]
Look up the word ''transition''.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="paul moy"]Kalvin Phillips spectacularly dives to block a Trybull shot on goal in the penalty area.   Not a goal so it don''t count for anything in people''s minds.
[/quote]
It''s a pity we don''t have anyone who can block shots, especially a goalkeeper. I think it''s called defending.
Watch the highlights
[/quote]
We had some good chances, and I''ve seen us play much worse. Watch the highlights.

Bearing in mind that in the not too distant past Leeds were our "feeder club" it is a bit disappointing. On basis of our performances so far, a mid-table finish seems over-optimistic.

I stand corrected. Wum and a tool

[quote user="paul moy"]
[/quote]
You can transit in 2 directions, forward & reverse.
Which direction do you think we are travelling in?

in the position we are Money wise you need a Manager who can build a team who gels stick together ,

who play as a team

You need a Manager to get 10 % extra out of the lesser players he works with ,

To coach a winning style of play

Is Farke This Man ???? No chance

In the league, we are shipping just over two goals per game this season.

Throw in thrashing at Millwall at the very end of the last and on the so-called current form thingy (ie. the last six games) we will have let in precisely three goals per game.

Yes, three goals per game.

I have never known such a run of defensive ineptitude in all my supporting days, including during our spells in the top league.

It would suggest that our man is clueless about tactically organising a defence in order that it might perform even adequately at the level it is supposed to.

We could sell the lot of them and start all again but I wouldn''t bet against the same problems being evident.

[quote user="paul moy"]
[quote user="STAN"]How have we have fallen this far in under a year and half?

As frustrated as I am with Farke, Stuart is just as culpable![/quote]
Neil frittered away money, so no comparison.   Farke had to sell Maddison amongst others to balance the books and has worked with peanuts.
[/quote]

Much like Neil had to sell Redmond, Brady and Olsson amongst others...

Whilst Webber/Farke might not have made an 8 Million marquee Championship signing such as Pritchard they’ve definitely been working with more than “just peanuts”.

A reported... 3 mill on Franke, 3.5 mill on Hanley, 1.5 mill on Husband, 2.5 mill on Hernandez, 1.5 mill on Stiepermann, 1.5 mill on Srbeny, 750k on Vrancic, 1 mill on Leitner, 1.5 mill on Marshall, 1.5 mill on Buendia.....

To put things in to perspective Millwall are now on the brink of completing a record breaking deal.. there first ever 1 million pound signing.

Last season at Cardiff Warnock spent around 10 mill on 4 players, only 5 mill on 3 players in the summer and then 5 mill on a striker in January.

It’s time for Webber and Farke to stop making excuses.