Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for today

Next goal is vital.

Agree that Krul is a liability and Pinto a serious weak link. We seem to have a real problem at RB.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Anyone else thinking Farke is another busted flush? Think his methods just dont work. Maybe in junior football...[/quote]
To be fair today was going to be a tough game, Leeds will be aiming for the top this season, but I have been slowly losing confidence in him. The last season he deserved a fair crack of the whip, what with all the changes, but he needs to start showing some progress, which I have barely seen.
Ho hum. 45 minutes more of hiding behind the sofa.

[quote user="kirku"]Next goal is vital.

Agree that Krul is a liability and Pinto a serious weak link. We seem to have a real problem at RB.[/quote]
RB is our main weakness and will be exposed all season. We could play 3 at the back (with Marshall at wing back) which would negate the issue slightly but the problem would still be there.
Let''s hope for a change of fortune in the second half.
OTBC!

[quote user="lharman7"]paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 10:48 PM:

We''re playing pretty well and have had a few good chances. Too much negativity here and unjustified IMO.

You ate joking aren''t you? We are two down ffs![/quote]
Just watched the highlights and there were five blocked shots on goal that we had, three from Pukki. 
Watched Krul for second goal he was positioned to cover angles to both posts and the Leeds strike was perfection and fast into a small gap. Not sure now that he can be blamed too much as he had no chance to see it.

Hughton-ball never worked for us, and never looked like working for us. Slow ponderous play, inverted wingers, never felt or looked effective, never knew how it was supposed to work.

I feel the same about Farke''s football. Being able to have 70% possession is good, but it doesnt stop the opposition scoring and doesnt seem to help us do it either. I dont understand how Farke''s football is supposed to be effective. We relied too heavily on Maddison''s individual ability last season. We seemed to succeed when we did despite Farke''s methods, not because of them

"RB is our main weakness and will be exposed all season. We could play 3 at the back (with Marshall at wing back) which would negate the issue slightly but the problem would still be there.

Let''s hope for a change of fortune in the second half.

OTBC!"

We looked at our most solid last year with 3 at the back, but it feels like Farke can''t balance that system with any kind of attacking threat.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Hughton-ball never worked for us, and never looked like working for us. Slow ponderous play, inverted wingers, never felt or looked effective, never knew how it was supposed to work.

I feel the same about Farke''s football. Being able to have 70% possession is good, but it doesnt stop the opposition scoring and doesnt seem to help us do it either. I dont understand how Farke''s football is supposed to be effective. We relied too heavily on Maddison''s individual ability last season. We seemed to succeed when we did despite Farke''s methods, not because of them[/quote]
Are you watching the game ?

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]OK let''s guess when the tactical changes will be made? I am going for the 70th minute.[/quote]
I''ll go for when somebody gets injured and he''s forced to make a change

There''s no shame in getting out-coached by Bielsa when you''re in your second year of management , but these weaknesses have been repeating far too regularly

paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 11:03 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 10:48 PM: We''re playing pretty well and have had a few good chances. Too much negativity here and unjustified IMO. You ate joking aren''t you? We are two down ffs!

Just watched the highlights and there were five blocked shots on goal that we had, three from Pukki.

Watched Krul for second goal he was positioned to cover angles to both posts and the Leeds strike was perfection and fast into a small gap. Not sure now that he can be blamed too much as he had no chance to see it.

Just so you know, blocked shots do not win you games!

Also, you must be on a massive wind-up!

[quote user="lharman7"]paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 11:03 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

paul moy wrote the following post at 25/08/2018 10:48 PM: We''re playing pretty well and have had a few good chances. Too much negativity here and unjustified IMO. You ate joking aren''t you? We are two down ffs!

Just so you know, blocked shots do not win you games!

Also, you must be on a massive wind-up![/quote]
Yeah, but many on here are talking as if we have not had a shot and are probably not watching the game. We''ve played pretty well against a good side.

[quote user="Making Plans"]For the record we''ve had 6 shots but still not one on target
[/quote]
Five were heading towards goal and blocked in the penalty area. Watch the highlights.

Shots blocked by an outfield player are NOT counted as shots on target, unless the blocking player is the last man, i.e. a goal-line clearance.

Embarrassing. Heads at board room and management level need to roll

[quote user="Making Plans"]
Shots blocked by an outfield player are NOT counted as shots on target, unless the blocking player is the last man, i.e. a goal-line clearance.
[/quote]
Exactly, but that shows how stats are meaningless. Those blocks though were by defenders in the penalty area. Watch the highlights.