Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Grant Holt in time for the derby?

Fanciful? Yes.

Stupid? Very.

Risky? Undoubtedly.

Impractical? Of course.

BUT no more stupid, risky or impractical than the recent record of appointing Brian Gunn, Neil Adams or even Daniel Farke.

Boy, wouldn''t it be exciting.

Hic!

I think you would see Russell Martin managing the club before Grant Holt

"I think you would see Russell Martin managing the club before Grant Holt."

That would be the usual safe-risk taking path they normally follow.

The suggestion of Grantzilla was really a frustrated, Sunday morning, shite-stirrer but if this thread takes off I think we''ll manage to talk ourselves into the idea; such is the level of desperation that the current deal has driven us down to.

I’m being serious about Martin. I know that there is an appetite from both parties to see him manage the club one day. The main reason he hasn’t been near the first team squad is because Farke believed the players were looking to Martin rather than the manager for guidance. Farke couldn’t accept a player that held such esteem in the dressing room in his squad as he felt undermined by it. And as you say it’s a Delia appointment in the making.

Grant Holt is not such a ridiculous idea.  Look at Frank Lampard and that scouse player whose name escapes me at Rangers. Both recent ex-players, no managerial experience. 
As long as the coaching set up is good and you have half decent players, a manager like the above are more about inspiration than any ability. A player who has done it at the top level and something of a hero is always going to have a good chance of doing well.
I don''t want Farke to go and think he should have this season to rectify some of the issues, but a GH appointment at some stage would be fanatstic.

Would a Grant Holt/Russ Martin combo do any worse than currently?. Hoolahan back as player/coach perhaps?!

Farke''s had enough time now to put his writing on the wall, LDC, and it doesn''t make particularly good reading.

When you''re in the crowd you get signs that the mood is changing, there are those around you who you know are always going to moan but then others who are far more supportive and when they start to shift opinion about the manger its a pretty good barometer, the very long honeymoon period is coming to an end.