Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Early days.

Losing to leeds yesterday was not surprising, well organised and on the up.We will struggle against teams who will be top six.Our next game in the league is one we can win,as they are a bottom half squad. It doesn''t matter about Cardiff as both teams will use it as a squad game.keeping in this league is the most important thing.As I''ve said before it will take three seasons at least for this football model to work.

No clubs has the patient to wait three years for this kind of football to work. If it works the players in the system will be sold and the decline starts again. There has to be results immidiately. A good manager get results at once. There is absolutely no signs in the Farke/Webber project that this is coming good in the end. The results on the pitch and the League Table tells all there is to know and it is not lying. This reminds me of the Glenn Roeder era. A lot of loser talk from the manager and no signs of improvement. Just decline and lack of performances on the pitch. And this thing with pink colours in the away ream changing room is embarrassing. Make the club look even more laughable.

This ''Jam tomorrow'' get out clause is always an excuse for moderate current achievement and hardly washes when, in the meantime, the team seems to be going backwards.

"Jam''s off luv."

[quote user="mr footy"]As I''ve said before it will take three seasons at least for this football model to work.[/quote]
Well we have now had one full season plus enough games this season and there has not been one bit of improvement during that time.
We have sacked managers with better records than Farke and there is no way we can tolerate nearly another 2 seasons of this dreadful style of football that neither gets results or is entertaining.
The truth is that this "football model" cannot not be given "at least 3 seasons" because the real danger is that the model will not work at all.

It won’t take three seasons for Farke’s style to work, it will take investment in players who can actually play it - technical footballers across the park, attackers with the intelligence to move off the ball, supporting players to pick the right pass or retain possession until an opportunity arises, and defenders who can both defend and retain possession.

The squad is full of average ‘squad players’; players who can do a job and which you need in the squad to support the better players. Which of our players though gets into a top 6 (or even top half) starting xi? Not many.

So if we’re fixated on possession football, we need to invest in order to bring in players good enough to make it work.

If we’re going to go with an average squad then we need a manager who knows how to turn an average championship squad into contenders.

At the moment we’re doing neither.

It won’t take three seasons for Farke’s style to work, it will take investment in players who can actually play it - technical footballers across the park,

These are 100% the facts of the situation

I could be patient if there were any green shoots to indicate this was going to work. Maybe if we were a young team I''d put it down to learning and could stick with it but that team are all in their prime (Bar Zimmerman, Godfrey, Lewis and Thompson and three of those are not currently getting a regular game), so I don''t expect a lot more than what we''ve currently seen.

Aggy and JF:

You are both spot on and describe the situation on the pitch as it is at the moment and have been for a year.

The board are in a hurry to act. This system is not working. Maybe the eventuel new manager will not suceed either, but the team, club and supporters need a change to get the hope back.

Bottom line is that I always want Norwich managers to suceed and I have nothing against Farke as a person and will not go out and calling him an idiot, but he is not capable of getting results on the pitch for this club. The results over time is all that matters. We don’t get results and the team is going down and backwards.

Unfortunately I think this can get pretty ugly for the future if the board take action soon. All the signs for a poor team is to be seen, there’s no reason to let this go on.