Sign in to follow this  
Chip20

Greeno on the bench?

I''ve got a horrible feeling Greeno will find himself gazzumped by Kirkland for the Bench on Saturday. If so, I hope it doesn''t force him to seek a transfer in January. What do the rest of you think? Will Greeno make the bench for the next couple of World Cup qualifiers?

Green has just had a whole season in the prem where as kirkland has had 4 or 5 games but was injured before that. Green would be the better choice but i would expect kirkland

[quote]I''ve got a horrible feeling Greeno will find himself gazzumped by Kirkland for the Bench on Saturday. If so, I hope it doesn''t force him to seek a transfer in January. What do the rest of you think? W...[/quote]

Force a transfer to who? No-one in the prem wants him at the moment.

[quote]I''ve got a horrible feeling Greeno will find himself gazzumped by Kirkland for the Bench on Saturday. If so, I hope it doesn''t force him to seek a transfer in January. What do the rest of you think? W...[/quote]

i think he will have every right to be upset if he is indeed leapfroged by kirkland. however, he should expect it; he isn''t one of sven''s butt kissers is he. ericsson''s got his favourites and will stick by them. there is no doubt that had he been regularly fit, kirkland would be the england no1 now and not robinson, because he''s one of svens favourites. look at beckham, hasn''t played well for england since that game against greece, wright-phillips is now the better player in that position, but will he get picked there on a regular basis; of course not! Greene has done nothing wrong; yet in these poxy friendlies that england keep turning up to, ericsson persisted with taking the ''heavy handed james'' option. why? he knew what james was about, why not give greene a go? simple answer. he''s not one of the big boy''s in svens opinion. it would seem that for greene to get that regular place he needs to be playing prem, which is hipocritical because james was established as england no1 whilst in the 1st division. but that is sven all over unfortunately...

SAM ALLARDYCE FOR ENGLAND!!!

http://www.consolegrab.co.uk/?r=19828

It should be Green but it will be Kirkland.

All week in the papers i''ve seen writers comment on how Kirkland has got into the England squad on merit, deserves to stay there, and should find himself number 1 in the near future. This baffles me. Can someone fill me in on this guy? Is he really that good? If so, then why have i hardly ever heard much of him?