Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Farke isn't the problem

We can keep changing managers as much as we like but as long as we have tinpot owners who can''t compete with the new wave of rich ambitious owners in football we are only heading in one direction.

The financial landscape has changed, and it''s clear we can''t compete at the top-end of this league on financial muscle.

I also think the Farke is making the squad worse than the sum of its parts - and that''s a serious concern.

The right manager can make gold of grey stones. It is possible. Look at what Paul Lambert did in 2009 with Norwich. Lambert bought players from lower divisions and had success.

Don’t think Farke is the right man for this job. There are so many things which is not right at the pitch at the moment.

Farke is the problem. I''ve wanted him out since almost Day One with his over methodical cobblers that the players cannot play.

The squad is decent but the longer Farke is here we''ll be a club for Delia lovers and basket cases only. Painful.

Oh I agree Farke is miles out of his depth. Which is a shame as he is comes as a very likeable, intelligent guy. But ultimately it feels almost irrelevant who the manager is. Money talks in football today more than ever. We have none. And if the owners have their way we aren''t going to have any for a long time to come.

Like others have said the right Manager can get more out the team

We have no chance of going up or top six this season ( at the moment ) and i can see no progress from Farke

Time to go for both parties

He’s only the problem because he’s been put there by our inept board. He’s not good enough and not what you need to get anything out of this league.

The problem is the lack of progress, this also includes the financials and don’t forget that finances stipulate the rest. I’ve said it before and it’s still the same, if we are to progress as a club we need to invest and the only way to do that is with money, Delia cannot support this.

Self funding models are very PC but in an industry where everyone who wants to progress is investing and in some cases heavily, stability is just that, it just means you work within your means but when others are investing, if we are not we are going backwards, unfortunately it’s only going to get harder each year and more obvious.

Today was dreadful, yes for 15 mins we were in it but I can’t remember a shot on target or any kind of work for their keeper.

We need a change but which managers are out there that can work miracles on no budget?!

How do you know he''s not ''a'' problem...if not ''the'' problem?.....yes, this self funded model the club have adopted is deplorable, but it''s easy for Farke''s shortcomings to hide behind that.

Simply won''t believe there isn''t a coach put there that couldn''t be getting better results than we''re seeing

Farke is, arguably, a factor. The degradation of the playing squad, however, is the central problem and, quite simply, demonstrates the incompatibility of our current ownership structure with even tier two football. What a fiasco.

The first buck stops at the coach. That''s the way it is. He is the easiest fall-guy when things go wrong at any football club.

It''s no longer looking like a case of if, but more a case of when.

The point I was making is that had we got ambitious owners we wouldn’t have settled for an unknown manager from Germany to be our head coach.

Yes he is responsible for the way we play of course he is but if we had ambition and someone prepared to invest we certainly wouldn’t have settled for Farke.

He’s out of his depth but so is the board. Even if Faroe does eventually get sacked, who will we end up with, probably someone desperate to get back in to the game like Allardyce or Sherwood, if we hand on a bit longer we can get McLaren as no doubt he’s on thin ice at QPR.

"He’s out of his depth but so is the board. Even if Farke does eventually get sacked, who will we end up with?"

Well Mick McCarthy is still looking for a job.

I don''t know whether I am serious about that suggestion or not but it would be hilarious if we turned up at Portman Road next week with old MM at the helm.

He would be up for it, no doubting that. No pussy footing football from him.

What decent Manager unless they were desperate would come to NCFC with a bunch of 2nd rate German players they are stuck with till their contracts run out and no money to spend on new players.

Trouble is get rid of Farke (not saying this shouldn''t happen) but it still needs to be a coach rather than the old fashioned "do everything" manager to work with Webber. Going to rule out a lot of candidates as their reputation is closely linked or destroyed on how good a job Webber is or isn''t doing. Which in all honesty none of us really knows as he''s been allowed to "revolutionise" our club from top to bottom based on one decent season with Huddersfield, which is less than what we would expect from a managerial appointment.

Allardyce that’s really funny. Can’t believe our budget is even a tenth of what he can command. Anyway, the clappers wouldn’t want a successful manager who’s a tad abrasive.

No doubt Mick McCarthy would get us out of this division and into the Prem but would people be happy with his style of football. 

[quote user="Herman"]Blimey, have we got to Big Mick/Big Sam desperation levels already??
[/quote]
On the basis of the last 2 home performances, Farke can hardly be described as an asset. Happy to get shot of Webber and Farke to be honest.

[quote user="paul moy"]No doubt Mick McCarthy would get us out of this division and into the Prem but would people be happy with his style of football.  [/quote]

Some people seem happy with whatever this brand of football this Sunday coach is implementing, so McCarthy will look like a god in their eyes

Read through this thread but skipped by username so only stopped at Herman.

I don’t know if Farke is or isn’t the problem but after a spanking from Leeds I’m all for looking at our own spanking at poorman.

This time next week we should review.

Xym