KiwiScot

Talk amongst the crowd

On the forum its very negative against all levels of the setup, but whats the talk around the home fans like? Critical?

Many of the posters in here are season ticket holders Kiwi. I had a chat with the people around me (whom I have sat with for 6 years now) and names were being touted for a new manager by the 80th minute.

Very little applauding for the team at the end of the 90 as we wanted to continue our conversation and didn''t really want to acknowledge our players efforts (as they were not good enough)

Think a loss to the Binners will be your first "Farke Out" / "Webber out" chant.

Could be a blessing in disguise, reminds me of a few seasons ago with the "Beating xxx will get us relegated"

A win vs Ipswich will give Farke 2-3 more games and unless he then goes on a winning streak I think his time certainly should be up.

Regardless of the strength of opposition, (Leeds are looking very, very good) our effort and performance is not good enough.

It reminds me of the Houghton era when we had 1 striker and no one wanted to move up and support, watching Leeds yesterday they broke as a unit of 10 or two units of 5 and 5 almost, we break in units of 2 and a half at best and that will not get us goals!

I would not agree that talk on here is all negative. In fact there is a good degree of balance from those supporting the current set up and arguing for more time. Obviously after a bad loss it gets more negative, it is cathartic to vent frustrations.

However as an occasional poster on here, season ticket holder and one that has been prepared to give Farke time, I am now moving to the other side. I am becoming less and less convinced that Farke will eventually come good.

The match against the banners I think is now massive. Lose to a poor Ipswich side and I think the majority of the support will be calling for change, whether on here or vocally.

Around me there are increasing groans and grumbles but most just seen too bored to raise a big fuss.

Personally I''m not quite sure what u feel..for 20 mins against Leeds we look fantastic..it was the same v West Brom.. Maybe the pink dressing room just makes the opposition start slowly, maybe we do have the quality but not the mental strength.

We are spineless..from a GK that seems bereft of confidence, a central defence being run ragged possibly because they are trying to cover for the full backs as well, a defensive midfielder on the same, the rest float like a butterfly and sting like one too..and the forwards are anonymous with no service..

Where''s godfrey? I think we need to go back to 3cbs..we need to be hard to beat..then hopefully we can Nick the odd goal

Lose v ipswich and the next home game could be poisonous

Nexus, you make a good point about attacking in numbers. It’s a point I’ve made before, and is fundamentally our biggest problem.

We attack and defend in isolation. All too often players are ‘trapped’ in certain areas of the field by teams hunting in packs. Our play is very chaotic and at times erratic.

We spend so much time playing tippy tappy football at the back. We don’t pass and move, and the opposition just waits for us to turn over possession before engaging with pack mentality. Quick swift and effective. So many teams seem to play like that, we’ve been completely worked out.

Where I was sitting there was general agreement that the newly laid pitch looked really magnificent.

Yeh Lincoln, Chaotic, Erratic and found out are good ways to describe it.

We really need our midfield or at least one of them to break with the 3 attacking players, Two central, one wing one deep with support.

As someone else said earlier what the hell is the point in signing Jordan Rhodes?! You are getting a poacher to play as a Target man.

I still maintain that RVW would have done a job for us IF we had given him support. Again, poacher played as target man.

Why have we not learnt?!

Especially after games like yesterday where the hell is the harm in two strikers, since when did it become so taboo at this club?!

Frustrating and embarrassing, sure Leeds were better and deserved the win but we complimented them rather than gave them a game.

The crud that Farke is spouting about us giving a game is an insult to the blind or deaf surely, anyone who watched or listened to that knows full well we took a tonking.

Don''t know if any of you heard a silly rumour on phone in after game on R.Norfolk when Rob interviewed some fans.That next manager was going to be Russell Martin and Gill Hope not true but can''t be any worse OTBC

[quote user="Hucks6"]Don''t know if any of you heard a silly rumour on phone in after game on R.Norfolk when Rob interviewed some fans.That next manager was going to be Russell Martin and Gill Hope not true but can''t be any worse OTBC[/quote]

Yeh the usual moron whos mates mate drinks in the same pub as Darren Huckerby.

Id utterly ignore this, I know for a fact that Martin is working on his badges but this is a nothing story.

We have been here many times under this board. There is a slow drift of support away from the club. I see resignation rather than anger all people can do is continue to buy tickets or not. I see no mass desertion but gates seem about 1000 down on last year this will probably continue, slow stagnation rather than revolution

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We have been here many times under this board. There is a slow drift of support away from the club. I see resignation rather than anger all people can do is continue to buy tickets or not. I see no mass desertion but gates seem about 1000 down on last year this will probably continue, slow stagnation rather than revolution[/quote]
If we have seen this many times how do we keep recovering in order for it to be seen again and again?

Sure Delia will be upping the stakes this time, no more Gunn''s or Adams

Oh wow, how the hell did I not even think of the possibility of RM being lined up?! Rumour or not, sadly this is absolutely bound to happen when Farke gets the axe. Can see it a mile off.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
If we have seen this many times how do we keep recovering in order for it to be seen again and again?
[/quote]

Natural cycles and the Law of Averages, Nigel.We have seen more than our share of ups and downs in the past decade. Now we are in for an extended period of mediocrity.[:(]I expect Farke is nowhere near the end of his shelf life yet but it will happen in the fullness of time.Remember Rickkkyyyy''s maxim, "They all run out of road in the end"[:D]

I suspect the happiest clappiest crowd in the league. The Jarrold appears entirely content with the performance of players, coach and, most importantly, the board. The narrative of results being important, or even mattering, appears to be entirely absent. It’s all about ‘entertainment’ and, after all, we saw three good goals on Saturday.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect the happiest clappiest crowd in the league. The Jarrold appears entirely content with the performance of players, coach and, most importantly, the board. The narrative of results being important, or even mattering, appears to be entirely absent. It’s all about ‘entertainment’ and, after all, we saw three good goals on Saturday.[/quote]

Highland, once you accept that no power on earth can make the experience of an NCFC supporter permanently wonderful, the happier you will be. We will continue to rise and fall and there''s nothing we can do to change that. Its the nature of the type of club we support and there''s lots of other clubs in the same boat.Live in hope[:D][Y]

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Groundhog Days @ricardo 

Don't you just love them 🙃

To be fair, it was only half way through nexus' post when he mentioned beating the binners that I had to check when this thread was from... Ricky is right though about cycles, it just seems like the fans are on a different cycle to the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

To be fair, it was only half way through nexus' post when he mentioned beating the binners that I had to check when this thread was from... Ricky is right though about cycles, it just seems like the fans are on a different cycle to the club.

To be fair I was thinking... When did I write this?? 

In fairness I do remember how bleak that farke season was to begin with, but then that was 2018 and farke ball had yet to click.

On the flip side I don't even know what Smith's plan was.

Stand by my 2018 comments and by my current feelings. Retrospectively this feels worse as it's the first time I've honestly thought about jacking in my ticket.

35 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Comedy gold, @nutty nigel. I was particularly struck that @Nexus_Canary is posting exactly the same guff now as four years ago. If it was me I'd be tired of it all now.

I stand by it and I am tired of it, that's kinda the overriding theme here.

Also it's not just like it's a small percentage of fans who feel like this 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Me too, I was thinking 'when are we playing the binners???' 

This thread is one of many at the time who couldn't see what Farke was trying to do. Apparently we were just dull and boring and couldn't create anything. We couldn't even get results. 

Vrancic was a League One player according to some at the time.

It is comforting that the same posters don't rate Smith - should be on for a record breaking title win if their previous record(s) of getting things right are anything to go by!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This thread is one of many at the time who couldn't see what Farke was trying to do. Apparently we were just dull and boring and couldn't create anything. We couldn't even get results. 

Vrancic was a League One player according to some at the time.

It is comforting that the same posters don't rate Smith - should be on for a record breaking title win if their previous record(s) of getting things right are anything to go by!

But that's the point the "click" point had happened by now with farke and it was torid at the start like people like to remind us.

The problem now is it's torid and I don't see any direction or goal.

At least with farke we could see what he was trying even though it was failing at this point.

Those of us who have been around for the last 10 years or so have seen the malcontents trot out their cliches across football in general, not just NCFC.

'The manager has lost the changing room' circa 2017

'The manager has no Plan B' circa 2019

Now, 2022, it's 'We have no identity / the manager has no plan'.

It's trite, formulaic, and just so tiresome.

• Like 3