Sign in to follow this  
he

Tim Krul

A weak right hand parried the ball into danger, Calamity Krul will cost us. The defence has not been good but WBA 2nd Krul watches it go past next to him and the penalty he conceded was not necessary Klose was nearest when ball broke in the box.

We all hoped we had signed the Tim Krul based on his Newcastle and Netherlands exploits but it looks far from the case.

This is not the Tim Krul that made himself first choice at Newcastle.

Mathews did not shape up in pre season and Krul was signed in hope the hope that he could regain his previous form rather than on evidence that he would reproduce it. He had had a poor season in Holland prior to spending last year on Brighton’s bench.

McGovern may not be up to the desired standard but the reality is that he may be the best we have. However whether management would be prepared to acknowledge that is another matter.

I''ll be honest, I was fairly excited about the TK signing;

Unfortunately this isn''t the TK I remember, stinks of picking up a couple of years pay to me.

hogesar wrote the following post at 26/08/2018 1:47 AM:

Poor from Krul for 2 of the goals today. But with Remi gone we essentially have to hope he can play through and gain confidence from something, somewhere.

First goal where was Pinto? He allowed the winger to creep around the back of him who then headed the ball back across. I''m not blaming Krul for the first one.

The Tim Krul signing is one of the worst dissapointing signings ever so far. What a fall! From being a good keeper in Premier League and international for Netherlands in the middle of his 20s and then become so weak when he is 30 is unbelievable. His ability has gone. To be so weak game after game is very dissapointing. Isn’t nowhere near Championship level. Michael Theoklitos didn’t make that many errors as Tim Krul has done. To make so many weak performances in this short time I have never seen by a Norwich keeper in my time as supporter since the late eighties. He is maybe the worst journey man ever to wear the Norwich jersey! Hope he can convince me othervise, but so far he has been tragic, poor and useless. McGowern or some other junior keeper should be given the oppotunity because the Krul signing has been a total fiasco.

Pinto is always massively out of position but whilst our fans boo a single backpass they like to clap and cheer whenever Pinto, with complete tactical disregard, goes on an endless run to nowhere, gets tackled, and then finds himself at the wrong end of the pitch.

But regardless, Krul was poor for both goals.

Krul has looked weak so far and I''m desperately hoping that it''s just rustiness rather than that his ability really has dropped that much in the past couple of seasons.
For the first goal, Pinto should have done way better with his marking and prevented the initial header from happening, I do think Krul that should have done slightly better with the parry, but the marking before and after this was primarily to blame rather than the keeper himself.
For the 2nd, it''s poor. I accept it was a quality shot at good pace and that most of the time the player will shoot across goal, but he should still have done better than he did and the vast majority of the time if a keeper is beaten at their near post - it''s their fault.
For the 3rd there was almost nothing Krul could do about it, the initial marking and covering was poor which allowed the shot to be taken, and then Hanley actually MOVED OUT THE WAY and let it past him instead of sticking his head on it and doing his farkeing job. I was so annoyed when I saw that, especially now he''s been made captain, that is NOT how you lead by example...

Rooting for rustiness would really be in hope rather than expectation.

There is a reason why Brighton did not even want him as their back up on the bench. I am not buying the story that Hughton told Krul he was not a number 2 and that he should get go and get a first team place. To me nothing more than a gentle way of saying we are not giving you a new contract.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Rooting for rustiness would really be in hope rather than expectation.

There is a reason why Brighton did not even want him as their back up on the bench. I am not buying the story that Hughton told Krul he was not a number 2 and that he should get go and get a first team place. To me nothing more than a gentle way of saying we are not giving you a new contract.[/quote]
Based on Bethnal''s fact-based warning I was afraid this was a bad signing for what is the most crucial position on the field, especially given that there is a good reason why McGovern was deemed not good enough.

hogesar wrote the following post at 26/08/2018 7:10 AM:

Pinto is always massively out of position but whilst our fans boo a single backpass they like to clap and cheer whenever Pinto, with complete tactical disregard, goes on an endless run to nowhere, gets tackled, and then finds himself at the wrong end of the pitch.

But regardless, Krul was poor for both goals.

Numbskulls.....

I was confident that our Mr Webber had pulled of a major coup in signing Krul. There was a plausible reason why he wasn’t playing combined with an excellent pedigree at international and Premiership level. However we clearly need a new signing for the keeper’s role. A loan is our only option ideally a younger player who is on the upward curve of their development. I don’t blame Webber. Every signing is a gamble. You win some you lose some. Krul might still come good but based on his performances so far he is not good enough. Webber and Farke need to be ruthless about getting this crucial appointment right.

As the pressure increases on Farke, it will be telling what he does about his number 1.

Krul has been directly at fault for at least 3 goals so far and a better keeper would have saved another 1 or 2. He doesn''t actually seem to dive, and he parries everything back into play when he does get a hand on it; and yesterday, watching him try to get back up after pushing the header back out was like watching my old grandma get out of her chair.

I would rather have had Matthews making these errors and learning - he would have received more sympathy. Krul is just going backwards.

McGovern may be the better option going forward.

Having now seen the highlights, I''m in the camp that it was supremely poor keeping for Leeds'' first goal. When described, I had the impression that it was a dangerous initial header!

A professional goalkeeper should hold that, thinking anything else is tantamount to lunacy.

I''d say the second was more forgivable, but not by much. Both goals happen on Sunday mornings but shouldn''t be happening at CR.

[quote user="sgncfc"]As the pressure increases on Farke, it will be telling what he does about his number 1.

Krul has been directly at fault for at least 3 goals so far and a better keeper would have saved another 1 or 2. He doesn''t actually seem to dive, and he parries everything back into play when he does get a hand on it; and yesterday, watching him try to get back up after pushing the header back out was like watching my old grandma get out of her chair.

I would rather have had Matthews making these errors and learning - he would have received more sympathy. Krul is just going backwards.

McGovern may be the better option going forward.[/quote]

SHows we are getting desperate if "McGovern may be the better option going forward." But it may be the only choice. Now seems crazy we let Matthews go so quickly!

What''s Oxborough like?

Is he one for the future or will he be another fine City goalkeeping prospect who falls by the wayside?

Is he the dog''s biscuit yet or has he years of that long process of development and learning, with a loan spell, ahead of him?

If you''re good enough, you''re old enough, we say.

Young Gunn was good enough.

We have to give Krul a few more games to see if he can stop making mistakes.  To take him out of the firing line would only make it less likely he could find his form. 
But if he is dropped, McGovern is not a bad stand by goalkeeper and may well take his chance if given it - to my mind he only had one really bad game, away to Brighton.  Who knows, he may even have learned and developed his skills whilst being in the background.  Players can improve after all......

I''ve never thought thought McGovern to be that bad. Rather akin to Bunn I think; decent enough & doesn''t make real howlers.

The Brighton game he was unlucky. An atrocious back pass (Russ?) completely wrong footed him then Murray, in typical Murray fashion, barged him of the ball & scored. The goal should have been disallowed, but it wasn''t, & McGovern''s confidence was shot thereafter.

I''ve never seen Oxborough. Anybody got any views on him?

In a post yesterday before seeing a replay thought Krul failed to get a strong right hand to shot for first goal and now it was in fact a pitiful attempt with both hands.

[quote user="King Charles "]What he needs is a right good booing session next time he makes a howler that will motivate him to concentrate more[/quote]

That''ll get the F*X$er back up to speed. maybe we should all do it before the game for each player. After the match anyone who doesn''t perform can be put in stocks at the exit points game and pelted with unsold pies.

I believe in capital punishment for all but the most trivial of mistakes myself.

Hanging is my preference.

A few bodies swinging gently in the breeze at half time will do wonders for results.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I believe in capital punishment for all but the most trivial of mistakes myself.

Hanging is my preference.

A few bodies swinging gently in the breeze at half time will do wonders for results.[/quote]

My relative was one of the last people publicly hung at Norwich Castle, never did his confidence any harm.

[quote user="sgncfc"]As the pressure increases on Farke, it will be telling what he does about his number 1.

McGovern may be the better option going forward.[/quote]
Remi Matthews is 24 years old... There''s no "learning" about it... if he is put into the first team at that age he needs to be ready to go. this isn''t some 20 year old kid.

He has made a few mistakes but he has a pedigree as a competent keeper and I don''t think you ever lose that. McGovern has never convinced me so I would stick with Krul.

On what grounds was Krul made no 1? Farke must’ve barely seen him in training and never in a competitive match before making that decision and letting Matthews go.

Knowing what McGovern is like, that seems very naive to me and I expect based on Kruls reputation from several seasons ago.

Ricky,

McGovern has never convinced me either, but he is a good shot stopper and has a good international record (albeit that may be on the back of a well organised defence).

I am really not sure what Krul brings to the table, he may have pedigree but has shown no form over an extended period. In my view if we stick with him it will end in tears.

It may be hard to accept but McGovern may be the best we have.