Sign in to follow this  
he

Tim Krul

What has happened to Krul? Seems he has lost his ability. Not great on the first goal. Bad error to not hold the ball. Even worse on goal number two. Goalkeeper lesson number one is to not let the ball ar the nearest post.

Sad to see a goalkeeper become so poor. He is a liability to the team. Not Championship quality.

‘Not Championship quality.’

He’s well suited to the squad, then........

Tim Krul seems a shadow...

Time to change on goal because overall not bad game for us but once more evry shoot is goal as Tim only make wrong decisions...

Farke on Krul after West Brom ''Listen he is a top, top keeper. In three years he would not make that mistake again.''

Maybe not, but he’s found other mistakes to make though hasn’t he. He certainly isn’t a Championship standard keeper.

Indeed. Our poorly organised defence is being fully shown up now. Not suited to the hustle and bustle of championship footy. Honestly hope Klose is sold, he isn''t good enough for the amount we are paying him.

By the look of there 2nd goal, like most keepers, i think he thought he was going to shoot across him, but still at fault for the goal, no keeper should get beaten at his near post.

[quote user="kirku"]Shows how good Angus was..[/quote]

To be fair here he was often behind 3 centre backs, with Tettey/Trybull infront. Not saying Gunn isn''t a lot better but he also was a lot less exposed.

Poor from Krul for 2 of the goals today. But with Remi gone we essentially have to hope he can play through and gain confidence from something, somewhere.

Play McGovern and you are likely to concede a goal a game, play Krul and you will concede 2. A quite awful start from him.

Sure the club can dig some Sports Physiologist who can sort this out

Nothing to do with the fact that he''s seen his best days

[quote user="vinyl collector"]By the look of there 2nd goal, like most keepers, i think he thought he was going to shoot across him, but still at fault for the goal, no keeper should get beaten at his near post.[/quote]
I saw it in slow motion on a replay and he was covering both posts. The shot was so accurate and powerful no keeper would have saved it. Maybe if he had come out a bit further to narrow the angle on the post there would have been no gap to shoot into. The first goal was however a major error as surely he could have palmed it sideways out of the danger zone.
He played no Premier games for Brighton last season so it''s no wonder he''s a bit rusty. He needs games.

He''s 30, should be in his prime for a keeper. Our defensive behaviour 😀 is very poor atm, a quality keeper can make such a difference by covering up for the inadequacy in others and giving confidence, Gunn did that for us last season, this season we are Kruly exposed.

Sometimes goalkeepers just lose it often because their confidence is shot. Now we know why he got no games for Brighton. We must also have had our doubts hence the two year contract

[quote user="paul moy"]
He played no Premier games for Brighton last season so it''s no wonder he''s a bit rusty. He needs games.
[/quote]
Yes he does need games but he should not be allowed anywhere near the first team to get them.
He is a complete liability - absolutely no confidence since the howler against WBA and todays howler won''t do anything to get his confidence back.
He has the goalkeeper''s version of the yips.

Looked a decent save initially before the first goal, but fell to a Leeds player.

But where was the right side defence? Guy was clear through completely unmarked.

Second goal it looked like he should have saved, possibly caught unawares (but shouldn''t have been).

But again, the defence wasn''t defending.

we are losing our pulling power for these Loan Players like Foster

who wants to come to a club that is going backwards fast ?

yes he would get games also plenty of practice but i am sure he would join a team higher up the table

First one - wouldn’t have expected him to keep hold necessarily, but you push it to the side, not right down the middle of the goal.

Second one is just poor.

All three though are poor defending. First and second there are runners who are not tracked by their men (first one in fairness is tracked but five seconds too late). The third goal, Leeds are 3 vs 2, the third man completely unmarked on the edge of the box - firstly the right back shouldn’t be drawn out in that instance, stay narrow until you have to, but then why has nobody busted a gut to get back and pick up the loose man?

Really schoolboy defending which looks like a mixture of no coaching, no organisation on the pitch and frankly a lack of effort and awareness from the individuals involved.

ref89 wrote:

It''s hardly his fault he is exposed time and time again.

When you find yourself 2-0 down at half-time to a couple of goalkeeping howlers, I find it hard to agree with ref89s assertion that it''s hardly his fault. With most posters and journos concentrating on the "near post maxim" in respect of the second, Krul is tending to get away with light criticism on the first. If he was unable to hold on to it and I saw no reason why he couldn''t, surely he could have pushed it sideways to safety rather than out to the pen.spot.

Certainly we are allowing more strikes on goal than we should but a couple of regulation saves would have left us all square at the interval. Instead we were in the dressing rooms, an already beaten side.

The 2nd Leeds goal was a Crime how he did not save that he was in a good position i think his spring has gone in his Legs

the first one he was not up lighting quick like a younger fresher keeper

like others have said it is a goal keeper thing they lose that razor sharp reflex

Can''t see why Krul is to blame for the first goal, a pretty much point blank header that he did well to parry at all.  For the second, the strike was superb - and yes, no goalkeeper likes to be beaten at the near post, but it does happen as they are geared up for the higher percenatge cross shot. 
Like others have said,the blame lies with the defence as much as Krul. Too much room given to attackers. The third goal too the shot maker made a good turn, but there should have been someone closer to anticipate that and he had a free shot.
Leeds just too good for us on the day and no player seems to come out with much credit and singling out Krul doesn''t really give the whole story. 

LDC if i took a poll on that 2nd goal i am sure you would be the only one not blaming Krul for that goal

I know you like to stick up for the club and players but you can not say that 2nd goal was not Krul''s fault ,

He was there in the right Position it was a terrible error

Farke said Krul was at fault for the first two goals in his post match press conference. It''s hard to disagree. He has a horrible habit of palming shots back across his goal, into the danger area. He did the same against Preston, but got away with it when the Preston player shot over when it looked easier to score.
But make no mistake, Krul wasn''t the only one fault today. Pinto was woeful yet again in his defensive work. Trybull had a horrible game, constantly letting opposition players get beyond him. Leitner continues to look lightweight. I could go on, but we all witnessed it today.

LDC. Point blank range header? 12-15 yards, roughly head-high and just slightly to his left. And he did well to parry it at all? Where were you sitting, in the car park?

I am not putting all the blame on the keeper, simply saying that those two routine saves, if made, would have at least extended our involvement in the match. I fully accept that for that first goal we were exposed for the umpteenth time by a forward getting the wrong side of our man in the right-back position.

Not sure about point blank LDC. The header is from about a yard inside the box, and Krul is inside the six yard box. He should be pushing out towards his left and the touch line.