Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

HOGESAR

Well, least you care enough to call me out. Didnt realise I had the power to trigger some of you lot.

I don’t often agree with Hogesar, but as a fellow supporter I respect his contributions to discussions.

I don’t think this type of attack encourages people to join in, and is uncalled for.

Surely we all want success for the team, and all stand together on a match day.

You don''t have ''the power'' hogesar just an unwavering determination to suggest that we, with a different opinion to your own are as you put it ''pessimists'' and that''s the cleaned up version.

As I have said before nothing would make me happier than to see our Club who I have supported for the past 50+ years do well but as I have consistently maintained there is little/no chance of that under the current regime. I know that you, like us, want the best for our Club but I hope that the performances so far will help you and your like, to see reality.

What reality do I need to see Derby? Im not completely following. That the odds are against us based on our owners wallets? If so im more than aware of that. Do I still rate Farke? Yep, but hes running out of time, rightly or wrongly.

Part of the problem in changing him is youre going to be looking for another manager new to the championship in all likelihood, based on our current playing staff.

Because Nutty I think he said he would judge after 10 games.

Not that his posts currently are judging at all.

You could always ask for a review of the past 21 league games Nutty, you know the one with 4 wins in it.

I hadn’t picked up on the 4 wins in 21 statistic. Nearly half a season.

That is scary, and if allowed to continue would mean relegation by Easter!

"Part of the problem in changing him is youre going to be looking for another manager new to the championship in all likelihood, based on our current playing staff. "

You''ve at last hit the nail/problem on the head hogesar. The deeper this regime became established the worse and irreversible the disaster would become and that''s the very issue I have been prattling about for ages. We are NOW backed into a corner where we have been divested of our assets and left with poor players led by a clueless Management team. As I think you intimate we have burnt our bridges.

The supporters of this Club deserve so much better!

It may well be that after ten games of this season the record is just 2 wins in 10. However if the judgement is made because of last season''s form what was the point of giving him 10 games before a judgement in the first place?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It may well be that after ten games of this season the record is just 2 wins in 10. However if the judgement is made because of last season''s form what was the point of giving him 10 games before a judgement in the first place?[/quote]

Worry not NN I was fully convinced of our problem long before the end of last season unlike those suggesting I was a "binner" to use their delicate phraseology!

The 10 games were certainly not to give this regime a further chance it was to convince the likes of hogesar and his followers of the errors of their ways!

Problem is now a ''result'' against a poor team like Ipswich will convince the same individuals that all is well

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It may well be that after ten games of this season the record is just 2 wins in 10. However if the judgement is made because of last season''s form what was the point of giving him 10 games before a judgement in the first place?[/quote]

Worry not NN I was fully convinced of our problem long before the end of last season unlike those suggesting I was a "binner" to use their delicate phraseology!

The 10 games were certainly not to give this regime a further chance it was to convince the likes of hogesar and his followers of the errors of their ways!

Problem is now a ''result'' against a poor team like Ipswich will convince the same individuals that all is well[/quote]
What would we do without you Derby. With Mike posting to knock me out of my complacency, although what he said made no sense. Now you posting to convince others of the errors of their ways. It''s fantastic that we have such thoughtful and considerate people on here.
Now this binner thing. I''m sure it must be galling to be likened to one of them. But surely you can see why people would think that? There''s been so many ups and downs since 2004. Not just downs....

I judge Farke on our final position last season and would expect an improvement on that this season. We’ve played five games, stats can tell you whatever you want. I could say we’ve got a 50% success rate from the last two games. It’s meaningless, unless you’re looking for a new stick to beat the club with of course.

[quote user="hogesar"]What reality do I need to see Derby? Im not completely following. That the odds are against us based on our owners wallets? If so im more than aware of that. Do I still rate Farke? Yep, but hes running out of time, rightly or wrongly.

Part of the problem in changing him is youre going to be looking for another manager new to the championship in all likelihood, based on our current playing staff.[/quote]

1. As much as I disagree with Hogesar he has as much right to voice opinion as anyone else

2. Hogesar - its just opinions nowt else... power?

3. Finally you admit to our lack of investment by the owners as a problem. Even more so when they refuse to listen to investment.

4. We as a club accept mediocrity from topnto bottom. The board has to chance to improve that.

5. It starts by the owners publicly stating that they are open to offers and are willing to step down.

“ It starts by the owners publicly stating that they are open to offers and are willing to step down. ”

Really? In any other environment I can think of, a public statement of weakness and readiness to leave would be the worst possible thing to do. Imagine Theresa May saying we are in the sh*t with Brexit and she will resign as soon as someone with a better plan comes along. How would that improve our negotiating position or the public mood? Why is it different with a football club?

"There''s been so many ups and downs since 2004. Not just downs...."

The trend in recent years has been very much ''down''. Even when we surprisingly gained promotion (via the playoffs) our inept leaders had n''t a clue or any desire to retain that status. They knew not where to look for reinforcements for our squad so did nothing with the inevitable result. They were not even capable of organising matches for preseason! They only resorted to the Director of Football role because since McNally nobody on the board would have a clue where to look for a capable Manager.

As it turned out neither did the Director of Football!!!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]"There''s been so many ups and downs since 2004. Not just downs...."

The trend in recent years has been very much ''down''. Even when we surprisingly gained promotion (via the playoffs) our inept leaders had n''t a clue or any desire to retain that status. They knew not where to look for reinforcements for our squad so did nothing with the inevitable result. They were not even capable of organising matches for preseason! They only resorted to the Director of Football role because since McNally nobody on the board would have a clue where to look for a capable Manager.

As it turned out neither did the Director of Football!!![/quote]
I rather think that point was lost on you. Try not isolating those few words from the rest of my post.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Derby Canary"]"There''s been so many ups and downs since 2004. Not just downs...."

I rather think that point was lost on you. Try not isolating those few words from the rest of my post.
[/quote]

Agree Nutty there have been ups generally created by individuals long gone. The failure to capitalise on those ups and back those that were responsible for them make the individuals that remain culpable for where we find ourselves. We are now so backed into a corner that it is difficult to see where we go from here.

"Really? In any other environment I can think of, a public statement of weakness and readiness to leave would be the worst possible thing to do. Imagine Theresa May saying we are in the sh*t with Brexit and she will resign as soon as someone with a better plan comes along. How would that improve our negotiating position or the public mood? Why is it different with a football club?"

Its a business and most failing businesses replace the board when they need fresh ideas and investment. Its not politics.

I do not think they are good enough for our club, if you think otherwise and that investment is not needed then obviously you would disagree with me and that is fair enough.

[quote user="Mike "]

Its a business and most failing businesses replace the board when they need fresh ideas and investment. Its not politics.

I do not think they are good enough for our club, if you think otherwise and that investment is not needed then obviously you would disagree with me and that is fair enough.[/quote]
Exactly, it is a business and if you judge it in business terms, i.e. on its balance sheet, then it is not a failing business but one that has been, and even now still is, doing pretty well relative to the majority of its comptetitors.

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Derby Canary"]"There''s been so many ups and downs since 2004. Not just downs...."

[/quote]

Agree Nutty there have been ups generally created by individuals long gone. The failure to capitalise on those ups and back those that were responsible for them make the individuals that remain culpable for where we find ourselves. We are now so backed into a corner that it is difficult to see where we go from here.[/quote]
You''re still missing the point. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck nobody could be criticised for calling it a duck....