Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

which clubs have weaker squads

Well 5 games in I don''t think its too early to get a feel for the division those at the top and the strugglers. For me thankfully qpr reading Rotherham and Ipswich look weaker than us possibly also Preston and Birmingham but alas cannot think of any others so a hint as to where we will finish

I think in terms of actual football ability, there’s plenty weaker than us. If you’re talking about physical and mental strength, I’d say there’s none weaker sadly.

I think they''ll be 3 worse sides than us. ....hopefully ipswich being one if them but that might require a managerial change on our part to ensure that.

Thought qpr were nailed on but even they''ve made a couple of signings in Hemed and Wells to help them

...anyone finishing below rotherham is surely down.

I don''t think we have one of the three worst 3 squads in this league. ..but we certainly have one of the worst ..or to put it a bit kinder. ..ill suited managers in the division

In my opinion quite a few have weaker squads.

Looking at our starting xi yesterday and there is talent there. Hanley is proven at this level, Klose and Pinto have international caps, Lewis is an up and coming talent, Hernandez looks dangerous, Pukki has obvious ability, Leitner was considered strong enough to be an option in a champions league final and Rhodes is a proven goalscorer at this level. You''ve then got Marshall who was on fire for Millwall last season, Godfrey who is apparently attracting premier league interest etc etc...

Many teams would kill for the talent we have- our manager just doesn''t know how to use it

Squad is fine we need the coaching / management.

Just look at Leeds! Same squad as last year, no world beaters on paper but I even applauded their 3rd goal yesterday beautifully worked.

Also their one touch routine in training was slick and fluid compared to our yogic running.

I blame the coaching / management staff, our players are pro footballers and its their job to be fit. No excuses what so ever, each one of them should be able to do 100 mins comfortably if needed.

Even when Leeds were winning 2-0 they maintained their impetus and direct attacking play - and didn''t take their foot off the gas in search of that ''killer 3rd'' goal..... When they got that 3rd, they still kept up their unrelenting onslaught.....

I also thought Leeds looked fitter and displayed more effort, stamina and drive.....

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I even applauded their 3rd goal yesterday beautifully worked.[/quote]
It was appalling defending.  The player behind our two defenders was in oceans of space to take the through ball and then place the ball where he wanted to.  Well taken, but it was a soft soft goal to give away.

I really wonder how you would have described it Lakey had it have been a Norwich goal ? I somehow don''t think you would have said it was a soft goal to concede due to a defensive lapse.

The third goal was a quality finish that Leeds worked nicely having been given a 3 on 2 situation due to defending that was as woeful as pintos for the third. Leeds don''t conceded that goal because of the defensive work ethic we are missing

Hanley gets dragged out of position to cover the throw to Hernandez but the scurries back to the middle of the penalty area without calling for cover and trybull stands static as he watches Hernandez have unmarked space in the pen area. Trybull eventually reacts too slow but Hernandez get his shot away, only for Hanley to turn his back on,and away, from the ball instead of blocking it (see kalvin smiths contributions in this) and putting his body on the line. Leading by example

Some of our ''proven'' players have been on a downward spiral for years.

Players like Leitner and Rhodes we just have to hope will hit their old heights. There is a reason they are/were no longer desired at their previous clubs however and clearly neither have set the club alight in this short time. Having even a marginally successful season will rely on both of these players performing to a very high standard.

This in combination with so many unproven players makes it hard to quantify how much of our current struggles are to do with the Manager or our recruitment. I''m starting to fear it is both.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Hanley gets dragged out of position to cover the throw to Hernandez but the scurries back to the middle of the penalty area without calling for cover and trybull stands static as he watches Hernandez have unmarked space in the pen area. Trybull eventually reacts too slow but Hernandez get his shot away, only for Hanley to turn his back on,and away, from the ball instead of blocking it (see kalvin smiths contributions in this) and putting his body on the line. Leading by example[/quote]Absolutely this.
I was furious when I saw that from Hanley, all he had to do was be brave and get his head in the way and we don''t concede that goal, but instead he turns to the side to let it past him and Krul has no chance of saving it, was incredibly poor from Hanley and not what I''d expect from the guy tbh.

Staggering how good people believe our squad is;

Lewis and Hernandez aside, i wouldn''t be disappointed if any of the other lot were sold, especially the Germans.

I''m still unsure as to how to judge the quality of the players. I''m still holding out hope that some of them might actually be half-decent and that it''s the coaching and tactics that are to blame. Though it might be that Farke is doing ok with sub-standard players. Or, most worryingly, both the coach and our new signings are all not really up to it...

In any case we''re now stuck with this group of players, so our only recourse of action if things go further t*ts up over the next few weeks will be to replace Farke. If things get worse thereafter it may tell us that we''ve prematurely replaced a genius, or that we''ve brought in someone even more incompetent.

LDC wrote:

Nexus_Canary wrote:

I even applauded their 3rd goal yesterday beautifully worked.

It was appalling defending. The player behind our two defenders was in oceans of space to take the through ball and then place the ball where he wanted to. Well taken, but it was a soft soft goal to give away.

Come off it LDC, slating our defenders on this forum will do nothing for their confidence. Don''t you know everybody at the club needs all of us to support the boys as Daniel attempts to work a miracle with what he''s been dealt?

Disappointed in you.