Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Will a defeat next Sunday be the end of Farke?

The impact of the Leeds defeat on general moral seems to have been enormous, especially if this forum is anything to go by.

It is as if the penny has finally dropped and patience with Daniel Farke has almost universally run out.

The whole Webber revolution and the merits of our ownership are being questioned anew and in greater depth and to an extent that there is no need to discuss it all in this thread.

This upturn in pessimism has made the derby game even more important surely.

I, personally doubt that Farke could survive a defeat. A draw would tell us nothing, and probably preserve the status quo, whilst a win might at best spark a revival in fortunes and at worst prolong the agony whilst giving him the rest of the season.

With regards to the manger should we lose. I actually foresee a ''mutual'' as I doubt that Farke would not be unhappy to be on his way and that Webber & Co. must be having doubts in any case.

I''m sure that DF would soon have a decent role in his homeland tojumpinto, having returned there vastly more experienced than he left.

I''m sure that the powers that be at Carrow Road will have a replacement in mind.

Put it down to experience. Good try but it isn''t working so no point in persevering.

No bones broken yet so who is next for the hot seat?

Is all this just a personal assessment?

"doubt would not be unhappy" eh?

How many negatives make a positive?

ie. Farke would be quite happy to be relieved of his duties here and return home un-scarred and to a decent job.

What has Daniel Farke achieved in management that would see him get a decent job though. As I’ve said on another thread, he’s become the managerial equivalent of RVW. Bizarrely highly rated but all the evidence in front of our eyes suggests otherwise.

A very opportune 2 week international break immediately follows , which has often been a window for sackings/appointments at clubs in the past.....but then again there''s another one in October, so if he survives this one he might just about lurch onto the next...

I think he will hang on till after Xmas. But the writing is on the wall now for his time here. He’s shown nothing to suggest he could even push for a play off place in his time here

Perhaps I should have said an improved role.

He now has managerial experience on his cv., has worked in another country and can justifiably claim not to have made a complete pig''s ear of it ... after all we did survive in his first season.

If our dreadful knack of keeping manager long after their "sell by date" is anything to go by , they will not be sacking him ,even after a defeat!!!!

I most definitely can see the scum beating us on sunday to end their drought , I am sorry to say... I think things could get ugly if this happens... but replace him? I don''t think they will.

Broadstairs,

I think you pose an interesting question. In my infrequent contributions to this forum, I try and remain balanced although openly admit I’m a hopeful optimist in the main.

If you ignore the debate about outside investment (although I have some views) for a minute and assess where we are as a club at the minute, I find myself thinking that the club have done pretty well to get us back to an even financial keel by the end of this year. Whether this is stone, Webber or a combination, avoiding a horrendous administration of cheap fire sale of talent has to be applauded.

Clearly as lots of people point out this has led to a loss of quality in the squad but I don’t think we have a terrible squad and there are some promising talents that could progress (Lewis, Godfrey, mcclean, Cantwell). To this extent I have some sympathy with Farke...from come and manage this side with lots of ex premiership talent he know has a much weaker group of players and it mus the really hard to implement a style of play with an revolving door.

However, I went to the Preston game midweek and I thought we were awful, worryingly no clear strategy of play and too easy to play against. Again maybe I’ve bought into the new signings be better then they actually are but individually they all appear to have something, leitner was classy, buendia clealy has quality, Hernandez decent and the celebrations at the final whistle suggested to me that their was good team spirit and they were playing for Farke.

There is the problem for me and the club has some big decisions to make in the next few days. 1.do you get rid of oliveria as a new manager might get a tune out of him, 2. How long do you give Farke to get it right and find a style that suits us 3. Where would you find a next,anager that has to be able to get the teamofcurrent players working better (as a raft of new signings can’t happen).

In my opinion, I’m all for patience but there has to be aline. Lose Sunday and the blood won’t just be in the water it will be everywhere and the pressure will build and build and that will not help the team. However a good win and a little run of results should let him have a run longer.

I do think though, thatnkrwich have to get off the conveyor belt of changing manager every 18months. It isn’t helping overall but we need a style of play that the fans can buy into

I''ve no idea of how high he is regarded in the game on germany.....or what sort of level he would re enter at should he return to German football

...his managerial experience prior to coming here was coach of lippstadt in the German regional 5th division. ...and dortmund''s reserve team in the German 4th division.

Can you imagine the response had we had appointed a coach who''d only managed in the equivilant levels in the English league pyramid? ? ...and indeed what level that coach would return to after leaving us?

...we''ve an amateur in charge who has never managed at anything like championship level before and is not only learning on the job, the standard of competition but also a different country''s football at the same time.

It''s a completely unnecessary risk and one we''re suffering because of.

Whilst I don''t agree with this self funded model , if that''s the way we''re operating then I understand it takes times ...and I''m all for giving the "right" coach time....but I don''t believe farke is the right coach either in pedigree, credentials, ability, performances, team conditioning, tactical, or results.

I simply won''t believe that there wouldn''t be better coaches out there, even currently unemployed , that wouldn''t be doing a better job than we''re seeing.

....and if the board genuinely believe that there isn''t, and that farke is the best there is available (4 wins in 21) and that they have provided him with all the resources to do his job....then it''s time that they looked at themselves and stood down.

Ultimately somebody at the club at some level is failing in their duties...at which level??

Defeat next Sunday won''t get Farke sacked. He has the two week international break. The board will use that to keep of the radar.

No, other than a few boos from the Barclay, clapping is very much in the ascendancy, particularly now the narrative has changed from ‘results’ to ‘entertainment’.

@Big O
Good post. A style of play that Norwich fans can buy into? There''s a prior question: do Norwich fans want a style of play that is modern and effective at the highest levels? A few years ago this exact question was being asked about England, as a succession of exceptionally well-qualified foreign coaches tried to drag our national team into the modern football world. Since then there has been a revolution in English coaching, and we have a modern-thinking English manager developing a young side with greater (EPL-based) familiarity with formerly "alien" methods and tactics. What we are now seeing at Norwich mirrors that process. At least the club have seen the light.

That''s pretty damning Mid-Norfolk Canary and suggests it was ridiculous appointment in the first place and that those of us that had their hopes built up by it ... first foreign coach at Carrow Road, German systems etc. were quite naive.

It seems you are right after all. Mad McNally pulled Paul Lambert and Alex Neil from relative obscurity out of his hat whilst Webber has come up with Daniel Farke.

The two former getting us promoted, whilst it''s likely DF could not achieve that given one hundred years.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 27/08/2018 10:04 AM:

@Big O

Good post. A style of play that Norwich fans can buy into? There''s a prior question: do Norwich fans want a style of play that is modern and effective at the highest levels? A few years ago this exact question was being asked about England, as a succession of exceptionally well-qualified foreign coaches tried to drag our national team into the modern football world. Since then there has been a revolution in English coaching, and we have a modern-thinking English manager developing a young side with greater (EPL-based) familiarity with formerly "alien" methods and tactics. What we are now seeing at Norwich mirrors that process. At least the club have seen the light.

And yet all the evidence on the pitch and looking at the league table suggests the complete opposite. We look likely to be languishing in lower mid table this season or even worse a relegation battle but it’s ok, at least we done it trying to play ‘modern’ football, all be it completely ineffectively

I think next Sunday’s game will be massive. Lose to a poor Ipswich team and I think the support will turn against DF in droves. If we then struggle against an in form Boro side as quite frankly is likely, then the atmosphere could become toxic.

Put simply he has to win it. Lose and we will be in a very uncomfortable place as I doubt the board will act.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]@Big O
[/quote]

I suspect we will get at least a point followed by a draw or loss v borough which will keep him dangling on for a few more weeks longer. The end game is inevitable he will not get another contract at the end of the season

Absolutely spot on GJL . The latest in our line of cheap options following the likes of Adams, Grant, Gunn etc.

The Manager should be the most important appointment at the club in order to motivate and get the best out of the players, not some repeated gamble to save money.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The impact of the Leeds defeat on general moral seems to have been enormous, especially if this forum is anything to go by.

It is as if the penny has finally dropped and patience with Daniel Farke has almost universally run out.

The whole Webber revolution and the merits of our ownership are being questioned anew and in greater depth and to an extent that there is no need to discuss it all in this thread.

This upturn in pessimism has made the derby game even more important surely.

I, personally doubt that Farke could survive a defeat. A draw would tell us nothing, and probably preserve the status quo, whilst a win might at best spark a revival in fortunes and at worst prolong the agony whilst giving him the rest of the season.

With regards to the manger should we lose. I actually foresee a ''mutual'' as I doubt that Farke would not be unhappy to be on his way and that Webber & Co. must be having doubts in any case.

I''m sure that DF would soon have a decent role in his homeland tojumpinto, having returned there vastly more experienced than he left.

I''m sure that the powers that be at Carrow Road will have a replacement in mind.

Put it down to experience. Good try but it isn''t working so no point in persevering.

No bones broken yet so who is next for the hot seat?

Is all this just a personal assessment?[/quote]
Blimey BR you''ve soon changed your mind. It was only last weekend that you questioned my assessment of the situation.
[quote user="BroadstairsR"]We are where we are, mistakes have been made for sure but it serves no

useful purpose dwelling upon them to the extent that it seems a grudge

is being held.

Having that frame of mind cannot be much fun.

We all have our reservations about where the club is heading, but a

rational assessment of the situation demands we bide our time until we

know, one way or the other, whether NCFC is going in the right

direction, remaining static or regressing.

If the latter becomes obviously the case then we all have the right to

imitate MP
.[/quote]

Knowing how our football club is run I would more likely expect - after a derby defeat - our current head coach to have a lucrative 5 year contract slapped in front him than to be shown the exit door!

"Blimey BR you''ve soon changed your mind. It was only last weekend that you questioned my assessment of the situation."

But, surely that''s entirely consistent on my part MP.

I have mentioned in my opening post the impact that the Leeds defeat seems to have had in general and the fact that it seems to have polarised opinion in general against the manager. This includes myself.

The post you refer to above was not about Daniel Farke though was it? It doesn''t even mention the manager. It was more general in it''s terms referring to the general direction of the club.

Many think that we are already on a downward spiral already, and they areprobably right but I have always thought that the so-called ''experiment'' should be given longer. It might well just be a wrong managerial appointment after all.

Practically speaking it would be totally impossible to change this already as it would be both costly and disruptive to the point of suicide.

We might get a clearer picture as to whether "NCFC is going in the right direction, remaining static or regressing" with a new man as coach.

I am not overly supportive of Webber but feel that it is too early to write him off. Farke is easier to replace by far and the buck usually stops with the manager, the fall guy, in any case.

It the season, for one reason or another, mirrors or is worse than the last I will be in the first line of dissent but it won''t be aimed at a bottom denominator like Farke or even Webber, but at you know who.

Faroe is out of contract at the end of the season so he and his staff can be binned without cost then. So the board will wait to see how things look around Easter to make a decision unless matters dramatically improve in the meantime.

I think you are all jumping the gun. Not the slightest chance of a managerial change this season, IMO.

All set for lower mid table finish.

I think the mood has changed and I think that being the first manager to lose to the sc*m for a decade (and a poor sc*m side as well) would be very hard for him to come back from. A little harsh perhaps as we have to lose there at some point but it will be a badge of dishonour he will find hard to shift.

Personally I have lost patience. I have at times had high hopes for Farke but I’ve concluded now that there is a bit of the emperors new clothes about it all. Ultimately it’s stoll football yet we have been convinced there is some kind of “revolution” going on that means we need to let him have two years to transition. well it’s not happening, I’m not seeing a coherent style of play emerge and we are still making the same basic errors and gifting teams goals. It shouldn’t take this long to see progress. I don’t agree with the ownership vision for the club but if we are to continue with the self funding sustainable route then the coach is the key figure at the club and needs to be someone who gets the team to be more than the sum of its parts. At present I feel we are still the opposite.

Our chances for Sunday would be greatly improved if Farke was to leave in the next few days .

[quote user="ricardo"]I think you are all jumping the gun. Not the slightest chance of a managerial change this season, IMO.

All set for lower mid table finish.[/quote]

....who can make such a prediction with such certainty. ...resuits will decide that?!....are you saying he''s completely bullet proof even if we lost our next 5 in a row and were bottom of the league.

I said it on another thread, no Norwich manager had survived once the crowd properly turns , especially at home matches ( and I suspect this is the case at most other clubs too)...there absolutely no reason why Farke is exempt