Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Had enough of it now

Think I''ve had enough of Farkes Football.

I didn''t like it last season and I decided very early on that Farkes style, possession based, was not going to be effective in the Championship, knowing the styles that are. And so it proved.

I yearn for the days of my favourite style of football, strong and solid at back, fast counter attacking play.

This style works in the Championship. Farkes sideways possession play doesn''t.

The opposition have far too much time to organise and it''s no wonder we often look clueless in the final third because there''s simply no way thru by the time we get there.

Squad imo looks decent and I think we have some players who could do well in the prem (Buendia, Pukki, Onel, Lewis, Klose, McLean).

I just don''t think we will ever get there with the current style of football.

It didn''t work last season and the signs are clearly there so far that it isn''t going to work again this year.

Had enough now and just looking forward to a new manager getting the best out of the squad and making us a force again.

And it isn''t because the players aren''t good enough. Its because we make it far too easy for opposition to organise and combat our attacks, and we make it far to difficult for ourselves with the current style of play.

Well i will take your word for it Charlie, if anyone knows about the will of the people turning against the incumbent ruler it would be you i guess..

As I agree that Farkes style appears not to be working, but why do yo7 think the players are good enough, good enough to finish where in this league if the right manager is found?

I don’t think they are, not many actually proven in this league as top championship players, even Rhodes has been kicking about this level for years!

I think this squad is on par with the manager pretty poor at the moment.

Nutty, what’s your take on the manager and the players? Is Farke good enough to make this his team, are the players really good enough to push top six?

Norwich board aside on the pitch we see glimpses of very good football, but for some reason it all goes pear shaped more than we get rewarded.

We mullered Leeds the first 20 minutes yet couldn’t score once Leeds scored we never looked like getting back into the game.

Also we can’t see games out very well.

All I see is that different people have a different length of Ricky Road. However Rickyyyy is spot on that they all run out of road eventually. When that happens the first change will be Farke, of course it will, what else could happen?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Tough one to answer without getting off the fence but I bet it can be done...........[/quote]
Sanctimony at it''s finest.... 

I’m in the minority, Farke will no doubt get sacked if the next few results don’t go his way, but I don’t see how he can be solely to blame, they’re not his players, that’s Webber’s part in this failure, surely he should be given as much of a rough time by supporters who want Farke gone, should he?

That''s a pretty good way of avoiding answering the question and staying on the fence. Hats off to you Nutty.

My answer for what it''s worth.

The squad is as decent as we can expect considering the financial turmoil we have been through and contrary to many on here I think Webber has done a decent job. I don''t think Farke is getting the best from what he has, not because he''s a poor coach, but more because the style of play is too easy to combat.

It won''t happen yet though.

Anther seven games before we really have a clue to where we finish.

Do you really think that Ricardo?

I’d be very suprised if he loses to the binners, then the next home game, I think he’ll be gone!

[quote user="Indy"]I’m in the minority, Farke will no doubt get sacked if the next few results don’t go his way, but I don’t see how he can be solely to blame, they’re not his players, that’s Webber’s part in this failure, surely he should be given as much of a rough time by supporters who want Farke gone, should he?[/quote]
It will carry on the way it always does. If there''s no improvement Farke will go first. If there''s no improvement then the unrest will move to Webber and the board. If there is an improvement then the new guy will be a messiah and webber and the board will have got lucky. Delia will still be responsible for the bits that fail because she supported ipswich, And we will get the status quo back. Or whatever you want......
[8]

[quote user="King Charles "]The mood has swung without doubt[/quote]

Seemingly it''s only the "keyboard warriors" that are not happy..😁😁😁😁😁😀😀😀😀

I hope for the sake of the club that the big issue is Farke, because if it''s not and it''s actually Webber this club will be in a huge mess, seeing as all aspects of the club now have his fingerprints on it.

I''m happy to take odds that Farke will still be here at Xmas. People always get well ahead of themselves when it comes to change. Hughton almost made it all the way.

I’ll Whisper this, but I hope you’re right Ricardo, I actually see the signs of good things in small parts which I think Farke gets right, I’m yet to be convinced this squad is as good as some on here think!

Hopefully things will turn around this weekend.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]That''s a pretty good way of avoiding answering the question and staying on the fence. Hats off to you Nutty.  [/quote]
That''s a pretty good way of being sanctimonious. 
I''m not going to change just to keep the likes of you happy buddy. I wouldn''t be surprised if you said you''d give the guy 10 games. Plenty did but few have the bottle for more than 5.
I certainly haven''t seen enough in the three games I''ve seen to come to more of a decision than I''ve given. If we''d played Leeds first then Preston and WBA the mood would be different. That''s because it''s such a short run of games. I don''t subscribe to the adding on of last season''s games to get over giving this season''s team a chance.
There has definitely been an improvement in style from last year and we have better attacking options. However if we don''t translate that into points by October then we really should consider whether a new head coach would get more from these players. I fervently hope that''s not necessary.

[quote user="Indy"]I’ll Whisper this, but I hope you’re right Ricardo, I actually see the signs of good things in small parts which I think Farke gets right, I’m yet to be convinced this squad is as good as some on here think!

Hopefully things will turn around this weekend.[/quote]

In a way this is what worries me Indy, because this will be a lot harder to remedy than the coach.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I hope for the sake of the club that the big issue is Farke, because if it''s not and it''s actually Webber this club will be in a huge mess, seeing as all aspects of the club now have his fingerprints on it.[/quote]
Webber is  charlatan who I suspect has ulteria motives for joining NCFC. My only hope is he''s hatching a plan to get much needed external investment, perhaps even new owners.
When the poo hits the fan and the atmosphere gets poisonous I don''t think Farke will want to stick around too long.

Well time will tell YB, but in reality A Neil has done more damage to this club than most appreciate, his targets were expensive, high wages and nearly no return, one decent signing he loaned off the Aberdeen.

There’s definitely been a huge restructuring on a very tight budget, so the likelihood of building a top six team is always lower than those net spending 30 million over the past two seasons like Leeds.

Money doesn’t guarantee success you need the right mixture, but it doesn’t half help, just look at all Europe, those with money are more successful than those without.

Anyhow this threads about Farke, I don’t blame him solely, Webber is as much to blame in my book......he needs to get the next man right or it’s definitely his head next.

Not at all. I''d like to think we will do well enough for him to see the season through. Like you I certainly hope so. Putting timescales isn''t going to help.

The squad is decent but not good enough to seriously threaten the top places but we should be doing better than we are imo. Not necessarily results wise as we''ve had a tough set of fixtures so far but we have put in some poor defensive displays which we must improve on.

We did something similar last season and managed to sort it out.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Well we got there in the end.[/quote]
So did you say ten games?
[/quote]

4 wins in 21 has me doubting....🤣