Sign in to follow this  
lharman7

This Comment From Farke!

“It is a good sign that we are able to be competitive on this level because I think Leeds proved today that they are 100% at the moment the best team in the league, but we were able to play on their level,” he said.

Is this not proof that Daniel Farke is completely delusional? This statement is so far from the truth it''s comical.

Yes we had a couple of brighter spells during the game but seriously Leeds didn''t have to move out of second gear.

We were nowhere near close to playing on there level.

I''m beginning to think that yesterday was a pivotal result for Farke, if not for the club just yet.

The almost clinical way a decent Leeds team carved it''s way through our powder puff team exposed all the manager''s continual weakness and demonstrated just how we have deteriorated under him in, one fell swoop.

Once they scored their first the result seemed inevitable, and emphasised by the lack of genuine fight from the City eleven, the inability to up the tempo and a general sideways sleep walk to defeat.

No storming up and at ''em response from the home side. Nothing really to lift the crowd to any heights.

These are a decent bunch of players capable of playing good football and they do have goals in them. That the manager is seemingly incapable of formulating a decent defence, either by a bad mix or tactical deficiencies, however seems to put us, and the support, mentally on the back foot from the start no matter who the opponents are.

Nobody from the players, the manager and the fans can have any confidence about any result when each game begins with defensive line-ups that have leaked an average three goals per game in the last six Championship encounters (Millwall being the first of these.)

We are up against it from the start and this would seem to be a major factor in both our inability to string together two consecutive three-pointers and Farke''s dismal win ratio.

I see no way out of it. There is no progress, the same mistakes are consistently repeated and spark and excitment have disappeared from the menu for the most part.

We very much have the look of that dreaded mediocre mid-table Championship side that we all fear and have ridiculed our local rivals about for years. As Ipswich Town have become league one we have readily replaced them as second tier also- rans.

This handily leads us to next Sunday''s fixture which both sides have a genuine need to win over and above the usual local rivalry. For differing reasons, both manger''s are under pressure, Farke more than Hurst because he has had more time.

Besides the tide of opinion is clearly turning against the City manager to the extent that a long awaited win for our opponents might well produce a tsunami of dissent from the Carrow Road faithful.

This result has a draw all over it which just might give both manager''s more time, but for different reasons. An away point seems to be a big achievement for our man, avoiding defeat would be a useful point for the bottom of the table side and give them some hope that their side is coming of age.

It''s difficult to know how what to do about Daniel Farke as all hope about him achieving much of note at Carrow Road is eroding quickly now that he has had that period of education with nothing in particular changing for the better. This was supposed to be the season when things happened.

I''m beginning to have no hope for his City teams achieving very much. There is something missing. There is something inevitable about regular defeat. In fact there are a few things missing, we''ll find out if he can manage to instill that one vital ingredient ''passion'' next week because another insipid, second best display like yesterday might just see him on his bike.

Mundane, methodical mid-table mediocrity ''aint for me. I possess no particular sense of entitlement for my team above the norm, but I am sensible to know this current set-up is going nowhere.

It’s all a joke. When the manager say that Norwich are competetive against Leeds in this performance it is very dissapointing. He can’t have any clue about football. Norwich are the complete opposive of Leeds unfortunately. Norwich can’t defend and can’t score. To go out and say that Norwich can compete against Leeds is talk by a loser. The state of quality of the team is lacking and so low at the moment that there is serious problems and relegation battle is very likely with this very negative and naive kind of football. I am actually very dissappointed to wake up and not read that the manager and Webber has been sacked today. This project is a huge failure and the current form from last season very dissapointing results is allowed to continue. The team is in decline and the club is taking backward steps week by week. The board must act asap!

The BBC has”Leeds thrash Norwich”.

I don’t think they thought it was close.

Mundane, methodical mid-table mediocrity ''aint for me. I possess no particular sense of entitlement for my team above the norm, but I am sensible to know this current set-up is going nowhere.

You’d better look for something else to do with your time then as this is exactly what the owners self funding blueprint has in store for the future of the club

I think he meant we were competative for the first 20mins, which we were, we looked really good. Sadly the game yesterday was 95 mins.

We were the better of the two sides in the first half on overall balance of play, yet we cannot seem to stop conceding almost every time a decent effort goes in on our goal. For the first 20 minutes we were all over them and easily the better side and most likely to score (and would have if they''d not make a couple of crucial last second blocks), until a combination of weak defending and a weak palm away from Krul gifted them the opener against the run of play. 5 minutes later it''s another error and suddenly we''re 2-0 down out of nowhere. We spent the next 10 minutes in the periphery before an excellent spell of play before half-time that sadly lead to nothing.
2nd half was all Leeds however, and we didn''t look like even vaguely threatening from that point onwards, which was a stark contrast to that strong opening period.
The key issue though is that we''re not consistent, our defence is frequently laughable, and despite our good play early on, we conceded too easily and as time ticked on we looked less and less likely to score and I still don''t know why it took Farke so long to make subs for players who simply weren''t performing.
I see signs of real quality, but the rest is sadly overshadowing this...

He’s on borrowed time. I don’t expect him to be here in the new year. The ‘project’ has been an utter failure so far. I’m not sure how you could trust the one trick pony Webber to make another appointment. Who is managing Dortmund u23’s now!!?

The answer is Jan Siewert. Next Norwich City manager!

I have to say I’ve reached the point where I’ve lost faith in Farke. It’s just not improving and it should have by now. It’s one step forward then two steps back.

I don’t blame Farke entirely, he was a cheap option and is doing g his best. The main problem is the owners. But in terms of what we can change to make an immediate difference Farke is the obvious thing.

Any manager who seems to think that being one of the better sides in the league, judged by him on their match day stats is surely a sign that he has no idea about football in general!

I think that Farke is being badly let down by some of his senior players. The keeper for a start. Is this guy here to top up his pension or is he serious? So far two ridiculous mistakes have given goals to the opposition. Next Pinto. This is a player who has always been defensively suspect and prone to getting himself out of position. Drop him or play him in a five. Next Trybull. If you are defensive mid there is no point standing there like a fairy stuck on top of a Christmas tree while people run off you or around you. You have to get moving or get hold of the runners so they don’t get to run at the centre backs ever. Farke needs to start making bolder calls on team selection. If the senior players aren’t performing give the younger players a go Aaron’s for Pinto, Godfrey for Trybull and although he’s no youngster McGovern for Krul. Leeds had a desire to be excellent and they were but we have players who are just as good but they seem to fall asleep or just make really bad decisions or basic errors. We can’t afford to have one player doing this let alone three of the most senior players letting their teammates/ manager/ fans down. If these players don’t care enough to give their best then get rid of them.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You can  ut hope that ridiculous comment from Farke was lost in translation.
[/quote]
Quite.
The OP''s got it spot on. I know managers are blinkered when talking about their teams performances but Farke''s comment about yesterday was ridiculous. Strangely I think we played a lot better than we did against Preston but Leeds did have a pretty comfortable afternoon.

Indeed Smithy and i now make that two teams already to visit us this season who some on here reckon will waltz through this League.

[quote user="lharman7"]“It is a good sign that we are able to be competitive on this level because I think Leeds proved today that they are 100% at the moment the best team in the league, but we were able to play on their level,” he said.

Is this not proof that Daniel Farke is completely delusional? This statement is so far from the truth it''s comical.

Yes we had a couple of brighter spells during the game but seriously Leeds didn''t have to move out of second gear.

We were nowhere near close to playing on there level.[/quote]
Well, if you listen to the comment in context he qualifies it by saying that for periods of the game we competed well, so why that is delusional I don''t know - because most commentators have said we had good periods in the game.
If anything, your comment sounds delusional "Leeds didn''t have to move out of second gear". Really?  Or were they a team who were working incredibly hard to contain us for 20 minutes before scoring against the run of play.....
Perhaps they were the better team on the day, but we were certainly competitive for several parts of the game.....which is what Farke said.
But yeah, lets latch on to something he said to try and discredit him some more, when all he is saying how it was.

No, he didn''t say anything about ''periods of the game''.

I watched the whole game old timer, did you?

We were comprehensively beaten by Leeds on our own turf. The last thing Farke should ever had said was we competed on their level.

Riding out the storm of the home teams first 20 minutes is a tried tactic that Leeds did well. Did they have to ''dig in''? Not really. I still stand by my comment that Leeds didn''t have to move into second gear.

The history books will now read Norwich 0-3 Leeds, not but its ok because Norwich competed on Leeds'' level for ''several periods of the game''!

For the record Lakey, this is the first time I''ve discredited Farke. I''ve had enough of this ''project'' and feel the tide is turning very quickly now!

How it was is that we lost a home match 3-0. Irrespective if we had ‘good spells’ in the game, that’s a thrashing by anyone’s standards

"No, he didn''t say anything about ''periods of the game".
Yes, he did. [:D]
"I watched the whole game old timer, did you?"
I''m 62, may be old in your eyes, but at least I can understand context.

Shame you don’t get points for controlling periods of the game then, isn’t it?

lake district canary wrote the following post at 26/08/2018 7:49 PM:

Yes, he did.

You didn''t watch the game did you?

No he did not say anything regarding playing at their level during periods of the game. You will have to post a link which states he did to get any credence.

I understand context just fine but lets keep on topic yeah!

JF wrote the following post at 26/08/2018 7:52 PM:

Shame you don’t get points for controlling periods of the game then, isn’t it?

This!

[quote user="lharman7"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 26/08/2018 7:49 PM:

Yes, he did.

You didn''t watch the game did you?
No he did not say anything regarding playing at their level during periods of the game. You will have to post a link which states he did to get any credence.

I understand context just fine but lets keep on topic yeah![/quote]
What are you going on about keeping in topic?  The thread is about Farke''s comments, which is what I''ve commented on and no, I didn''t see the match which is why I haven''t commented on it. 
If I could be bothered I would quote everything Farke said over about 30 second of his interview in which he qualifies what he said quite clearly that we were competitive for parts of the game.  He did not infer we were competitive over the whole match.