Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Backing Worthy

lets be realistic. Nigel Worthington is NOT getting sacked. The chairman has just stated it. The whole club and board are behind him so no matter how many boring and repetitive threads made about worthy there are, hes still not going to get sacked.

So whats the point in bothering. i admit that he has made some big mistakes but hes here to stay so the best way to get us out of this mess is to get behind the club and give the best support we can.

You are quite correct in saying that the board will not ordinarily fire Worthington.
It is horrific to consider how much worse things must get before even a board inspired whispering campaign would get into gear.
There is of course a precedent for this - I''m sure that Hamilton was nearer to getting a contract extension rather than dismissal after those seven straight losses.
By telling it the way it is, Worthington sceptics are trying to keep the board ''honest''.
Perhaps when the groundswell of negative views becomes incessant, they will be forced to take note.
if we are all supine and ''not bothered'' then there is even less chance that they will keep all their options and I mean all, under review.

[quote]lets be realistic. Nigel Worthington is NOT getting sacked. The chairman has just stated it. The whole club and board are behind him so no matter how many boring and repetitive threads made about wort...[/quote]

7 games down the line, 7 straight defeats and just two goals for, rooted to the bottom of the table and performances getting worse - is that a scenario when worthys sacking becomes a possibility?  I think so.

I will never blindly follow any organisations propeganda nor a majority as I am quite capable of thinking for myself.  I am happy to give worthy more time and I wont resort to booing or silence ad will wholeheartedly sing myself hoarse every game, but when the time comes (and it is approaching quicker than I thought) I will actively call for a change.     

OTBC

Although I agree that it''s very unlikely that Worthy will be sacked, the very fact that Munby came out to say that means that its not unthinkable.

Worthy''s position will be untenable if we continue to lose and although the board won''t officially sack him, if we were to lose, say, 10 games on the trot, he''d surely resign, albeit a negotiated resignation.

Still, there''re no obvious replacements within the club, and that''s where the board would be looking I''d imagine, so barring a total disaster in form, Worthy is staying.  

Personally I think the fastest way out of the current situation would be to stick with him anyway, although I could easily be proved wrong...

Whilst there may be several, possibly many, fans that have had enough of W the Board will not do anything until such time as it is clear that they "have" to take action.

When that time comes, as I fear it will, then they will probably put Doug Livermore or David Williams in temporary charge.