Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

There's three main problems at Norwich City

That’s just about every club and supporters in the country you’ve just described in one sentence..........why do you think Norwich are so different?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Not by whatever means possible Nutty no. Where do you get that from?

People should go and have a look at what Man Cutys owners have done in the local area and what they do in the community. No doubt many of our fans would have been deeply oppposed if they had wanted to buy us.[/quote]
And here we go again by listing clubs to try and prove a point. You send me to Citeh and I''ll send you to ipswich. And so on...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Not by whatever means possible Nutty no. Where do you get that from?

People should go and have a look at what Man Cutys owners have done in the local area and what they do in the community. No doubt many of our fans would have been deeply oppposed if they had wanted to buy us.[/quote]
And here we go again by listing clubs to try and prove a point. You send me to Citeh and I''ll send you to ipswich. And so on...
[/quote]

No, you think Norwich are superior to most other clubs in terms of community engagement. Can you explain why you have this view? That''s the reason Citeh were mentioned.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"]That’s utterly wrong, the club will always be a community club regardless of who owns it, I have friends who are Arsenal and Man City season ticket holders and the are both community clubs on match days and outside match days.

I don’t believe as you do we need the current set up to be a community club, that’s down to the supporters not the owners.[/quote]
What is your definition of a community club?
Mine is a club which is involved in the community with the community involved in the club.
[/quote]

Which is primarily done through the CSF which is a separate charity which is not funded by the club or the owners so why would any new owner go and disband that (if they actually could?) or any other element of our community work for that matter?[/quote]
I wasn''t talking about the CSF.
Our club engages with the community all the time and the community engage with the club. Why is that brought down to the CSF, which is fantastic by the way, but certainly not more than a small part of our community club.

But why should this community club change under new owners Nutty, that’s just you’re view, the reality could be even more community focused?

Our clubs definitely not unique in its support or supporters.

Yes there is no evidence to suggest the community thing would be any different. It’s merely speculation

Maybe. Maybe as I said several pages ago, the club has become Delia Smiths Norwich City rather than Norwich City

[quote user="king canary"]After all this time maybe it''s just that Nutty and co are scared of change.[/quote]
Nutty and co
Who''s on my team then?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I have continually explained Lincoln.[/quote]

You haven''t explained anything.

1. why would the community engagement suffer if a wealthier owner was at the helm? Surely it might improve?

2. How is our Community engagement different and superior to other clubs such as Man City?

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 27/08/2018 9:36 PM:

Can I be on your team nutty ? 😀

You don’t have a choice, we don’t want you....

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Can I be on your team nutty ? 😀[/quote]
I don''t know Frank. Are you clever or tough or both? I need brains and brawn to make up for me...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Out of interest, how many football clubs have actually gone bust since the introduction of the Premier League?

Yes, a few have had serious financial issues and administration, but to my knowledge, none have ever gone out of business. And most clubs suffering financial woes have bounced back.

So Purple, and others, comments like ''gambling with the clubs future'' is a little hysterical and over the top.

Take a risk, or risk being competitive at League One level. The fact is we''re being overtaken by clubs like Brentford and Wigan.[/quote]
If you really think the specifics I mentioned, which included being forced into administration and relegation, and breaking FFP, are not gambling with the future of a club then I am glad you are nowhere near the Norwich City boardroom.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I have continually explained Lincoln.[/quote]

You haven''t explained anything.

1. why would the community engagement suffer if a wealthier owner was at the helm? Surely it might improve?

2. How is our Community engagement different and superior to other clubs such as Man City?[/quote]
How is ipswich''s community engagement as good as ours? 
This continual offering up of different clubs is tiresome Lincoln. But I will just say we''d be more likely to attract and ipswich owner than a Man City owner.
If you were community minded in anyway you''d at least make it possible for others to quote your posts[;)]

[quote user="king canary"]You should have been a politician Nutty.[/quote]
I don''t have the brains. I was happy cleaning bogs and calling bingo. 

But I will just say we''d be more likely to attract and ipswich owner than a Man City owner.

I’ see no reason why that would be the case? That’s guessing and speculation again. How many English owners like Marcus Evans are buying football clubs now? It’s largely foreign billionaires and foreign consortiums.

But Purple, a question, if by some awful future we get relegated, not go up and stay in the third division, down grade on the players and end up being the next Bradford, but debt free, would you still behind a self funding model?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[quote user="lincoln canary"]Out of interest, how many football clubs have actually gone bust since the introduction of the Premier League?

Yes, a few have had serious financial issues and administration, but to my knowledge, none have ever gone out of business. And most clubs suffering financial woes have bounced back.

So Purple, and others, comments like ''gambling with the clubs future'' is a little hysterical and over the top.

Take a risk, or risk being competitive at League One level. The fact is we''re being overtaken by clubs like Brentford and Wigan.[/quote]
If you really think the specifics I mentioned, which included being forced into administration and relegation, and breaking FFP, are not gambling with the future of a club then I am glad you are nowhere near the Norwich City boardroom.
[/quote]

You mean like all those other clubs that have gone bust? Oh wait......

Speculate to accumulate.

If you were near the boardroom you''d over see a receding business, constantly losing out to its competitors, and downgrading to a comfortable low risk small enterprise employing low skilled and unambitious employees.

Hang on, perhaps you are actually near the boardroom?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
This is the one-eyed stuff that your biannual rants are made up of Shaun. You got away with it in 2009 but to be fair you were totally wrong in everything you said then. And coming back everytime things get a bit tough only works with those who don''t remember.[:P]
[/quote]
You may have noticed the [:P] I put in my post. Don''t take it too seriously!
But on the contrary. I was right in everything I said in 2009. Something you posted on here yesterday got me thinking: did I ever actually call for the owners to go? No. I was desperate for the owners to get proper footballing expertise onto the board, and leave those experts to appoint a manager with a proper track record. Among the many things which motivated that lengthy post I wrote - and my going to the NCISA event with you, and my phone-in calls, and all the rest of it - was my passionate belief in the huge potential of our football club. Belief which was then dramatically vindicated.
This is different now. This is the first time I''ve ever wanted them out. And why? Because they''re old, they''re tired, they have no new ideas, the squad is a shambles... and sorry, but lightning isn''t going to strike twice. Not given how rapidly this league''s moved on.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Not just no foreigners the club is not for sale and I don’t believe it ever has been. They are interested in people who may be prepared to invest without gaining control but no idiot is going to put significant money in on that basis.[/quote]
That''s exactly as I see it too. And it''s precisely why they''re passing it on to their nephew. Keeping it in the family, because they think this club is theirs. Irony of ironies: after everyone agreeing that no individual should ever become too powerful after the mess Chase left, two individuals promptly obtained precisely that power themselves. Their very peculiar, quaint ideas of how football clubs should be run inevitably rule out more or less anyone but themselves and their nephew.
I''d love to know the reasons why Bowkett and McNally resigned. We never will, though.

I''d love to know the reasons why Bowkett and McNally resigned. We never will, though.

Some on here’ seem to but they won’t spill the beans

We know McNally cornered himself into a position which he had no other opinion which was accepted very quickly by the board.

As for a Bowkett, I used to have limited knowledge of Bowkett many years ago through business contacts, a very passionate and focused guy who did a fantastic job here.

Indeed why resign two weeks after being voted back in, why not step aside before any need to be voted back in?

We’ve been in steady decline since his departure.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Once we don''t care about the value of the club to the community or the community to the club I wonder how long it will be before a franchise would be preferable if the money was right.[/quote]
Do you think Watford, now owned and run absolutely brilliantly by an Italian family with zero emotional connection to the club, have somehow ceased to be of value to their community? The opposite. They''re of much more value now, because they''re a successful, family football club.
Earlier, I described our view of ourselves as delusional. I stand by that absolutely. The sheer arrogance in thinking we''re somehow unique - we are the true community club, while all others somehow aren''t - sums the whole thing up. Moxey came out with this self-congratulatory gibberish shortly before he left.
It''s magnificent, Nutty... but it''s not war.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
This is the one-eyed stuff that your biannual rants are made up of Shaun. You got away with it in 2009 but to be fair you were totally wrong in everything you said then. And coming back everytime things get a bit tough only works with those who don''t remember.[:P]
[/quote]
But on the contrary. I was right in everything I said in 2009. Something you posted on here yesterday got me thinking: did I ever actually call for the owners to go? No. I was desperate for the owners to get proper footballing expertise onto the board, and leave those experts to appoint a manager with a proper track record. Among the many things which motivated that lengthy post I wrote - and my going to the NCISA event with you, and my phone-in calls, and all the rest of it - was my passionate belief in the huge potential of our football club. Belief which was then dramatically vindicated.
This is different now. This is the first time I''ve ever wanted them out. And why? Because they''re old, they''re tired, they have no new ideas, the squad is a shambles... and sorry, but lightning isn''t going to strike twice. Not given how rapidly this league''s moved on.
[/quote]
You may have noticed mine too Shaun.
This is what you said in 2009...

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

if one group of people are to blame above all else for the decline of this football club, it''s Delia Smith and her board. And - perhaps worst of all - I don''t think they''ve learned a thing throughout the entire journey.[/quote]

Now it''s the following success that you put down to footballing expertise and somehow separated from Delia. I wonder how Bowkett and mcNally had more football expertise than Balls and Webber. I expect someone will find a way to spin that[:P]

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hardly. You said Smith and Jones had got it wrong over Cullum when as it happens their judgment was spot on. To be fair, though, you did get one thing right when you described my magisterial explanation of the whole affair as "very good".[H]

[quote user="Indy"]But Purple, a question, if by some awful future we get relegated, not go up and stay in the third division, down grade on the players and end up being the next Bradford, but debt free, would you still behind a self funding model?[/quote]
Indy, when did I say I was in favour of the self-funding model?

So you’re not then you’d be happy to live beyond our self funding model?

You are a little tinker, go on about how FFP should be observed, but in reality you’d be happy to allow debt at our club!

So you are happy for long term debt required to survive, but not as a gamble?