Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

I have never been more confident of a win at their place

Just had a look at their squad and amazed how little or to be precise zero talent they have in their squad

There is nothing what so ever to fear about them and it''s going to be a stroll in the Park

Come on you yellows

This should on theory be the least concerned we''ve ever been about playing them. ....this is certainly the worst ipswich side I''ve seen and I''ve been watching football for nearly 40 years...I wonder if this is their worst ever side??...or certainly since the 50s

.....and yet for all of that , we''re unfortunately not very good ourselves and have a manager that we just cannot just to get his team , formation, tactics or substitutions right on the day.

On the last 10-15 yes or so , we''ve always had someone on thearth pitch in a local derby that was better than anything they had, someone that could make the difference in a decisive moment...I just don''t think we have that person now, it would be great if someone like Leitner or Buendia were able to step forward tomorrow and be that man.

Glad you''re confident but for me, regardless of position or what anyone''s team looks like on paper, we cannot expect a stroll in the park with any team. Remember Burton last year? Plenty of other examples too.

It depends whether there are individual errors or a piece of magic by any one player. Derbies often hinge on such things. Long gone are the Lambert years where we might expect to rock up and overpower a team. Farke hasn''t got our team to that level yet and maybe he will never do so.

A good win tomorrow though will make the season feel like it could be kickstarted. A draw or loss will continue the concern.

I''m not sure, I was extremely confident in beating them during our promotion season when we smashed them 4-1. I''m not massively confident about Sunday but we should have enough.

It''s got to the stage where I don''t trust Farke to get it right on the day.

I hope that this proves unfounded because every other aspect of the picture points to a City success.

They are in a bit of a mess and two very late loan players might have to play, which is hardly ideal. They are low on confidence and have an ability to put the ball in the net. They are bottom of the table by right as the opening fixture list was kind to them. Hurst seems a bit out of his depth, has lost too many stalwarts and seems to have spent too much on average replacements.

I genuinely do not think that their manager has worked out entirely what Championship football is all about.

Then again, has Daniel Farke?

I see this as the most important game of DF''s short reign, simply because of the points that I have made above and the fact that the ice beneath him seems to be getting thinner by the week.

A decent win could be the shot up the a.r.s.e that he so desperately needs and he might then just go on to be the success many of us had envisaged when he first got off that aeroplane and took that short chauffeur driven ride into the Fair City and onto the towering edifice that is Carrow Road.

My heart says 1-1 draw.

My head says 0-3 to City.

Hic!

Op goes from one extreme to the other, one minute nothing is right, next minute away wins are going to be a "stroll in the park". I don''t care who we play, no win on this league is a stroll in the park, the team are going to have to fight every bit as hard as they did at Birmingham and Sheffield Utd to get something from the game.

Get an early goal and it could be a good win, but it is going to be a battle - if anyone thinks itc will just roll over then they are not being realistic. Never under estimate your opponent, especially a team who, stuck to the bottom, will be desperate for a win.

Two sides desperate for a win that goes beyond the rivalry.

We go into it a bit more confident than them and the knowledge that we are scoring as well.

First time I took my daughter there was in 2000. I was not confident wed get a result. I tried to prepare her for an inevitable defeat. If ever there was a game their fans should have been confident of a win it was that day. They even had one of their own managing us.

But the reality was the opposite. It became my favourite visit only surpassed by the 5_1. We smashed them. Iwan Roberts turned into Dennis Bergkamp. All their fans were visibly shell shocked. The one of their own managing us was upset too and tried to put a lid on dressing room celebrations. But that''s football for you. Especially local derby football.

Having said all that we will win 2-0 🙃💛💚👍

[quote user="King Charles "]Just had a look at their squad and amazed how little or to be precise zero talent they have in their squad

There is nothing what so ever to fear about them and it''s going to be a stroll in the Park

Come on you yellows[/quote]

Funnily enough there''s a similar thread up and running on TWTD today [:D]
This is a fixture between two very average teams. Norwich are marginally the bookies favourites.
Its got low scoring draw written all over it but I''ll be more than happy if we run out 4-0 winners.....

I never know which Norwich team is going to turn up, and we''re definitely weaker against sides that like a scrap.
Probably a cagey draw, but it''s going to heap pressure on Farke if Ipswich win.

The Ipswich squad does look custom built for a league 1 campaign. Last bit of quality in Waghorn and Garner gone does make you think there’s no excuses to getting beat tomorrow. 4.1 win .

The run will end tomorrow I fear and confidently predict.

They have plenty of work rate and desire, despite their lack of abillity. Our superior abillity has seen us through in recent years, but now there’s not much in it.

It’s all down to who wants it more tomorrow, and I’m concerned it’ll be them. We’re not a dig in, body on the line type of side.

The sad thing is that if we lose he will be on here crowing that he was right and then get upset when everyone tells him to go away, (or words of a similar meaning).

[quote user="Herman"]The sad thing is that if we lose he will be on here crowing that he was right and then get upset when everyone tells him to go away, (or words of a similar meaning).[/quote]

And if we win it will just be papering over the cracks 🤯🤯🤯

[quote user="hogesar"]At least everyone understands Lincoln now. Saves me so much hassle.[/quote]I feel sorry for him. A draw would lift scum off the bottom leaving his beloved Reading holding up the rest. Poor lincoln/ Golden Coppell......

"Haha, you guys! X."

I am unable to work out your strange forum name let alone your even stranger need to seek out meticulously every single possible negative factor about everything that is connected to NCFC..

When ridiculed for it you have little to add beyond the above quoted street corner boy response.