Sign in to follow this  
Carn

A name I didn't expect to see on BBC News

Apologies if there was already a thread about this, I couldn''t find one.

[url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-45307104] >Link<[/url] to the article.

Glad to see this guy won the A-League 5 times and helped get in Lambert by conceding 7. Good on yer mate.

Anyway- what a strange story. Not sure if it’s a really really disappointing detective tale, or just a report on an individual’s household waste disposal choices.

I don''t see any tools at all, just empty white space. Anyway, Its a bizarre story isn''t it? I guess he''s not exactly proud of his playing time at Norwich, probably wanted to wipe it from his memory - ironic then that in trying to do that he made the news again and we''re reminded of one of the worst goalkeepers in the club''s history!

Went on to be player of the season couple of times since his NCFC days

Theoklitos, who is now known as Michael Theo, returned to his homeland and went on to win three league championships with Brisbane Roars

What I remember of that day he was sold short by the full back for the first goal and the whole defence was a shambles

We''ve had worse keepers

3 dodgy goals so far by current keeper

[quote user="daly"]Went on to be player of the season couple of times since his NCFC days

Theoklitos, who is now known as Michael Theo, returned to his homeland and went on to win three league championships with Brisbane Roars

What I remember of that day he was sold short by the full back for the first goal and the whole defence was a shambles

We''ve had worse keepers

3 dodgy goals so far by current keeper[/quote]
I just checked the highlights to see whether he really was all that bad. I lasted two goals before deciding he definitely was that bad and you''re being a bit kind to him.
1st goal is a ridiculously poor back pass from Otsemobor, but even so, Theoklitis totally misjudges it (and it was in the air for a long time, he had plenty of time to adjust) and it bounces over his head as he misses a punch on it. Whole defence shambolic as you say, but his part in it was pretty atrocious.
2nd goal, Lisbie turns Doc inside out with a stepover (honestly Doherty looks so baffled by it, it''s quite amusing) rolls a shot at around 2 miles per hour. It trickles to Theoklitis, right next to him. an easy save. Except for some bizarre reason he decided to parry it despite it having no power whatsoever, right into the path of the other striker for a tap in.
I couldn''t stomach any more than that, and you''re right the whole defence was sickeningly bad, but he is not some fantastic keeper that was sold out by the defence, he was just as abysmal as the rest of them. Both the first two goals were routine bits of goalkeeping. Yes they stemmed from poor defending, but just focussing on Theo''s actions as a goalkeeper - one was a high ball which he needed to deal with, or retreat, and he did neither, just flapped at it, and the other was him failing to deal with probably the least powerful shot he would have faced all season.

I watched him play in the reserve squad in one game and for one close range shot he flinched and turned away from the ball to protect himself. I knew then he''d be gone soon after.