Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Two weeks off

Don''t like theses international breaks, but it is a good time to have a break for us. Most players in the squad have been involved now in the combination of league and cup matches, so everyone should be up to speed.  Hopefully get Klose and Thompson fit again, Vrancic back in the mix and the options should be even better in two weeks time.

LDC,

I love your optimism, and given we were talking previously about spin, you must be getting dizzy by now, but ''even better options'' well that wouldn''t be difficult would it given yet another woeful performance. I would love to see the whole being greater than the sum of the parts, because I do believe the parts are of a quality to do far better.

Two weeks off will not fix the major problem of us having a coach, who in 52 games, has failed to organise us into a team that is cohesive or has any real threat.

The squad has quality in Rhodes, Hernandez etc but we are just not utilising their talents; in particular Rhodes has been isolated most of the season.

I’ve got tickets for the Middlesbrough match but I’m more looking forward to seeing the cell of Julian after a couple in the Murderers.

Thank God Norwich is a city worth visiting .

[quote user="Ray"]LDC,

I love your optimism, and given we were talking previously about spin, you must be getting dizzy by now, but ''even better options'' well that wouldn''t be difficult would it given yet another woeful performance. I would love to see the whole being greater than the sum of the parts, because I do believe the parts are of a quality to do far better.[/quote]
Well, to start with I wouldn''t call it woeful, I would call it a scrappy match - and often when you are against lesser quality teams, they will hustle you and knock you out of your stride. Sure we have to learn to cope with that - but we did, we bounced back and scored and got a point.
Also, once again, we had a different line up out there, with Buendia and Aarons both trusted with a start in perhaps one of the most difficult games of the season.  My point about all players in the squad having been involved is important - the way this regime will work is by teaching all the players that they are all important and as they learn to play better together - the new ones that have come in and the the younger ons coming through - the team workwork within the squad will improve and whoever is picked on any particular day will be good enough to do the job.
So if , as you say, the parts are of a quality to do better, then they surely will, given time.  Kudos to Farke, he has brought in Aarons, Thompson and Godfrey in the first few weeks of the season - and they are on their way to be fully fledged players for us. In that way the whole squad is being prepared and is ready and able to take part when called upon.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]McLean should be fit when we come back[/quote]
Of course! Had forgotten about him, a key figure this season too.  Can''t help but feel that once this team/squad gets momentum we are going to be hard to stop. Just got to get that momentum going....

This league is a point away 3 at home.

We’ve dropped points at home so 2 weeks off is welcome. Can’t see us getting relegated or challenging for a play off place.

I always have a half full glass so here’s to a super September / October and cold days at CR

[quote user="lake district canary"]Can''t help but feel that once this team/squad gets momentum we are going to be hard to stop.
[/quote]
Yeah right [:D]

LDC,

If you believe Ipswich away is "one of the the most difficult games of the season" then you take the spin biscuit, in this case a Viennese Whirl!