Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Abysmal.

Haven''t had a drink since we last lost a derby. Record for the wagon.

What was it about my post made you think I''d fallen off?

re that shots on target stat. So someone hits the inside of the post and it rebounds out, and that''s not a shot on target? But you hit the inside of the post and it goes in and then it is? What if you hit the inside of the post and it rebounds out, hits the goalkeeper on his back and it goes in? Does that count?

The point is you can complain that "we had no shots on target" but if the way they measure it ignores shots that hit a post or bar, it''s not properly measuring genuine attacking attempts.

Abysmal is pretty much spot on. Very poor game of football that neither team deserved to win.

If a shot hits the post or bar then no statistically it’s not counted on target

Was there. We were awful. Ipswich better second half. Did well to scramble a point. Papers over the cracks. We are a terrible team going nowhere. Farke is clueless. We have signed some dross players.

Seemed to me, it was two poor playing teams who finished even, thank you Leitner for having a shot outside the box, when everyone else was trying to walk it into the net !

Two tough away games in a matter of days and we remain unbeaten. Derbies are seldom good games whatever clubs are involved and there hasn''t been a decent Norwich Ipswich game for several years now. Really nothing to moan about and we now have a couple of weeks to regroup and prepare for Boro.

OTBC.

Well maybe a couple of inches 47.

It does annoy me though that you can have a game where you can be "all over the opposition" and hit the bar and post a couple of times, put a header just over etc, and the stats will say "no shots on targets". Time to retire that statistic, it''s junk and offers no insight to what really happens in a game.

Surfer wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:50 PM:

Well maybe a couple of inches 47.

It does annoy me though that you can have a game where you can be "all over the opposition" and hit the bar and post a couple of times, put a header just over etc, and the stats will say "no shots on targets". Time to retire that statistic, it''s junk and offers no insight to what really happens in a game.

That’s because there would have been no shots on target! The stats for what you’re talking about are counted in the off target stats

In isolation a draw away in a derby game has to be acceptable even though they probably had the best of the game. More worrying after 6 games we already have early evidence that has to be concerning and less than a point a game is relegation form. We will just have to see but the early season optimism of some has been blown away and looks like being a long hard season. Even if farke does not get the pre Christmas chop I cannot see even this board extending his contract which runs out in the summer

agree Re possession - according to skysports the possession was 44.7-55.3 in our favour.

Yet despite having less possession, ipswich had eight shots more than us (19 vs 11), three times more shots on target than us (6 vs 2), the same amount of key passes (9 each), and more corners (7 vs 6). We needed to make over twice as many clearances (29 vs 69) and we had an equal amount of clear cut chances (1-1).

Goals might be all that counts, but the rest of those stats above tell you far more about who was likely to score more goals than any possession stats do.

Funny that if we get a result the whingers turn into football connoisseurs. If we lose but play well they are happy to moan about the result.

Good result today except if you''re stupid enough to think there are easy games or an Ipswich fan.

We can paper over the cracks but one thing is certain we will not be challenging for Premiership Football in the near future

We have some really good footballers but we are not getting the best out them.

The Leeds game really demonstrated how far off the pace we are, for every touch they took we took 2, the attacked with pace and were solid. I’ll accept that they will be there or there abouts but they are essentially the same squad do clearly the coach/manager does matter and shows you can get results from the same group of players.

Today was a derby, it’s always a tense affair so it’s not a great gauge of the team, however, something has to change and quickly.

We just need to be thankful that even though we were dreadful, they were just as bad.

Stats are only any good if ''read'' correctly: shots on/off target are horribly misleading - an open goal missed is clearly a far better chance than a 30-yard dribbler that my mum would stop, but ''stat'' wise you''d think the opposite.

As the home side you''d generally expect to be more on the front foot, and be pretty worried if a reasonable amount of stats didn''t favour you.