Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Abysmal.

Two seriously poor teams, and two clubs heading in one direction. This will surely be a league one derby within the next couple of years.

The way we''ve started the second half we deserve to be 1-0 down.

Buendia needs to come off, too soon for him after Cardiff.

No heart!!! A draw is not good enough against these. Who ran for the ball for that last corner. They were happy with the draw. Do any of these players know what it means to us in this derby 😡😡

I can''t recall the number of times I''ve seen Everton pull Liverpool down to their level and grind out a draw; derbies are special, and a 1-1 draw away is an OK result. Just move on. Good to see youth being given its chance, more of that please.

[quote user="Surfer"]I can''t recall the number of times I''ve seen Everton pull Liverpool down to their level and grind out a draw; derbies are special, and a 1-1 draw away is an OK result. Just move on. Good to see youth being given its chance, more of that please.[/quote]
Agreed, good away point in a scrappy, injury stops and starts, kind of match.  With Thompson injured and an inexperienced back line, in the end a point was a good return.

We were nothing special, but far from abysmal.

The defence held firm despite the hot house atmosphere and the ''up and under'' onslaught'' they were subject to after the interval.

The onus was very much on Ipswich. Home game, biggest crowd of the season seemingly expecting a walkover, new faces anxious to impress, manager desperate for win at all costs.

They were apparently going to walk this game, but it all ended up with more egg on their collective faces and a manager who must ask himself where he goes from there.

There were promising signs for us in that those two young full backs seemed canny and clever beyond their years, Thompson initially looked excellent, Godfrey slotted in with ease and my goodness me am I warming to Moritz Leitner ... our MoM even without the goal.

Slightly disappointed with Buendia, but he worked hard and had a few good moments. When we took the initiative Hernandez''s skill was fundamental.

I thought that Farke''s substitutions were spot on but our lack of any consistent and systematic attacking prowess (clean cut are the words) means that my opinion about his suitability for the job remains in abeyance. Our attacking was all a bit ad-hoc whereas they had more scheme in their play at times.

Good away point under the circumstances but it said nothing about the direction of the team. At least we do not have to be reliant upon a 35 years old loanee to bring a semblance of hope for the future and we could have snuck it.

I would have thought our younger side said plenty about the direction of the team. As for them, well if they hated McCarthey hoofball they must abhor the stuff they played today.

Not saying that were weren''t our own worst enemy, but for Ipswich this was their chance for glory in a year they could go down. It''s often the nature of derbies that the football is dire.

I just wonder if we''ll be seeing Pinto, Olivera (and maybe even Klose) in a yellow shirt again. Unless their potential performances are so much better than the young players we now have, their time has passed.

"I would have thought our younger side said plenty about the direction of the team."

Clearly I was referring to league position.

The youngsters are promising indeed, but the style/system, whatever you call it, has yet to be conducive to progress in the Chumps.

That we are happy and somewhat relieved to get a point from a team sitting at the foot of the table rather hints against those who feel that the team is progressing.

I''m sure happy with a point but we were far from brilliant against that shower of s.h.i.t.

Are we still in transition?

If that''s best we can do I think we are right in the cack.

2 shots on target, the first coming after an hour!

The never-say-die-roll-up-your-sleeves-and-fight approach, beats our tippy tappy give the ball away or pass back to the keeper approach every time. We were very lucky and got away with it today.

I think another positive would be "at least we''re not them" especially from the self confessed football''s in the entertainment industry brigade.

At times Kingo. And at times it was better. That''s often the case in derbies. The binners would have loved it if we''d gone long ball head to head with them.

[quote user="king canary"]Think you''d be hard pressed to say we were ''tippy tappy'' today.[/quote]

No we were not but we were not that effective either... Saying that it took a massive deflection for them to score. Was an appalling game which neither side deserved to win just glad we did not lose

We always struggle with long ball merchants, I thought they dragged us down to their level. Ironic that they all wanted McCarthy out then get a manager that plays the same way.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]We always struggle with long ball merchants, I thought they dragged us down to their level. Ironic that they all wanted McCarthy out then get a manager that plays the same way.[/quote]
The funniest bit is that they''re hailing it as some sort of revolutionary methodology under Hurst.

It was worse than under mcCarthey. At least he always tried to have someone up top who thrived on hoofs. Like when our centrebacks struggled against Murphy.

They looked garbage to me. I don''t buy that we were as bad either.