Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Who is bladdered already

LDC,

On this occasion we agree, however getting p*ssed to forget the performance, that''s another discussion.

[quote user="Ray"]LDC,

On this occasion we agree, however getting p*ssed to forget the performance, that''s another discussion.[/quote]
[Y] Partying after a win or drowning your sorrows after a loss I find a bit more understandable, drinking for drinking''s sake will only lead to personal troubles, somewhere down the line.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]At least it’s not just his own threads that Lakey likes to self-righteously lecture 😁[/quote]
What''s self righteous about criticising early morning - or in this case all day drinking - from 7.00 in the morning?  I''ve seen too many people destroyed by the drink thing to not feel strongly about it.

Is there any topic that LDC doesn’t like to give a lecture on? Here’s a thought, it’s a free country and if they want to get pissed at 7 in the morning then it’s up to them. It’s not your place to pass judgement on it...

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="Ray"]LDC,

On this occasion we agree, however getting p*ssed to forget the performance, that''s another discussion.[/quote]
[Y] Partying after a win or drowning your sorrows after a loss I find a bit more understandable, drinking for drinking''s sake will only lead to personal troubles, somewhere down the line.
[/quote]
To be fair watching Norwich at the moment would drive Mother Teresa to drink.....

LDC, Where did anyone say they ''needed'' to drink all day?

We were drinking from 10am because we wanted to. And we had a laugh.

Sorry?

[quote user="hogesar"]LDC, Where did anyone say they ''needed'' to drink all day?

Sorry?[/quote]
Anyone that needs to drink so much by 8.00am the train as the op indicates, is not the kind of person who is going to stop drinking the rest of the day, unless they fall over or run out of money.  Having a drink lunchtime before a match is one thing, drinking early in the morning - just because you can - is just......stupid.

[quote user="hogesar"]LDC, Where did anyone say they ''needed'' to drink all day?

Sorry?[/quote]
Anyone that needs to drink so much by 8.00am the train as the op indicates, is not the kind of person who is going to stop drinking the rest of the day, unless they fall over or run out of money.  Having a drink lunchtime before a match is one thing, drinking early in the morning - just because you can - is just......stupid.
[/quote]
I''ve yet to meet anyone who''s had a lunchtime drink before a match when it''s a noon KO. [:D]

What a sad thing when people have to get p****d to go to a football match.  Sort yourselves out.
[/quote]
I''m not sure if that is strictly the right way round LDC, as I sure almost every City fan would still have gone, pub or no pub.
And I would suggest that the OP was rather tongue in cheek as well. Problems with alcohol are usually one of continuous over use, rather than one off ''excesses.
However as said. It is a ''free'' world and so you are just as free to express your thoughts on the matter as others at to drink. Perhaps though it might have been worthwhile recognising that is was a ''look forward to occasion'' and drinking is part of that occasion for some.
I can''t say I''ve heard of any problems caused at the pub or the game because of it, so ''enjoyment'' far outweighed any harm caused. And I suspect those who would harm themselves through alcohol would do so irrespective of this game or very early opening time.
So maybe consider the old thought
"don''t judge some one until you have walked a mile in his shoes........"
............. then realise he must be too pi ssed to find the ground, as it is tony a few yards from the pub