Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gates

Worthy has all but given up

We had £2m to spend on Morrison, but suddenly have none to strengthen the team where it needs it most.

To get out of our current position Worthy will need to be a total magician, which of course he isn''t.  Hope you all remember 2004/2005 cause it will be a long time if ever City reach the promised land.

Worthy not up to it replace him now so the new manager has time to work with the players while they are still here.  Wake up Delia/Mumby, 20,000 season tickets sold it will never happen again.

Totally agree; the sooner this idiot goes the better, and Delia should follow and sell up unless she has the courage to support public opinion and follow her commercial instinct that has made her so successful, before it is too late and she loses her investment!

[quote]We had £2m to spend on Morrison, but suddenly have none to strengthen the team where it needs it most. To get out of our current position Worthy will need to be a total magician, which of course he i...[/quote]

I cant agree with that.  One thing Worthy has always given and sought is 100%  I may not agree with his tactics, selections or choices (our squad is complete type statements a couple of weeks ago!) but the chap is entirely genuine and committed to the city cause, of that Ihave no doubt.

From Doomcasters piece in the paper today our offer for Morrison was nowhere near £2m so perhaps that did limit the options as to who he could get in with the cash he has available.

I am as disappointed as any fan at the lack of tarnsfer, but Iam sure that there was no ''fiddling while rome burnt'' going on this week.

OTBC  

prehaps Worthington is going for the record.......

we have been in the top two divisions since the 1959-60 season in which we were in the then Division 3 which is now known as League One.