Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

I never thought I'd live to see the day...

Ten years without a loss entertains me mightily Nigel.

Some are too young to remember all those years we were second best. It''s their turn to suffer and I''m loving it😀

And I never thought I''d see the day where I agree with you on something.
I''d be quite happy to see City play badly in every derby from now to the end of time as long as we don''t loose.

I''ve been watching "Tykes TV" on YouTube for the past year, it''s a great reminder of how you support a team through thick and thin.

While doing that, YouTube directed me to Barnsley V Ipswich playoff final and then to a bunch of Ipswich v Norwich games. Ouch.

I''ll take a 10 year unbeaten run thank you, being reminded of how often we lost 2-0, 3-1 against that lot is not something I''d care to see repeated.

This is all well and good but I’ve not seen anyone saying they expect to be entertained at the derby? Just posts saying what a poor game it was, which it was

We were poor.

The worrying thing for them lot is they were also poor but it looked like they pretty much gave it everything they had and I do wonder if itll be enough to keep them in this league.

So thats another derby day where they havent beaten us, as I reminded a few of their more vocal lot on the way out of that dump for a stadium.

Lots of grumbles but not from this old timer. Heartened to see a back line with such young players (2nd half), all homegrown to boot. They faced a bombardment of long balls, long throws, and for me did really well. We can build on this I believe.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Lots of grumbles but not from this old timer. Heartened to see a back line with such young players (2nd half), all homegrown to boot. They faced a bombardment of long balls, long throws, and for me did really well. We can build on this I believe.[/quote]
Exactly Smile [:)]

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Lots of grumbles but not from this old timer. Heartened to see a back line with such young players (2nd half), all homegrown to boot. They faced a bombardment of long balls, long throws, and for me did really well. We can build on this I believe.[/quote]
Exactly Smile [:)]
[/quote]Wasn''t a great game of football, but I thought that we defended bravely and was pleased that we didn''t let in any set pieces, which was clearly a big part of ITFC''s game plan.Not great but more plusses than minuses for me. [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]When people went to a derby to "be entertained".

What a world...[/quote]
Things have moved on old boy.
Now that people have to pay a fortune to watch a game of footy they expect to be entertained, and rightly so.
After all, that''s why they go, isn''t it?

I don''t know what everyone is complaining about. Cut out the errors and the performances and team spirit are fine and improving. It is early days. As for today: this was the home team''s cup final. They have started poorly and today replaced over half the side for a game they would have counted on for motivation. It was a one off agricultural hoof fest. It was never going to be a match of any quality and our side came back from a goal down to deny them. Good result and even better to see so many of our young guns doing the business.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Now that people have to pay a fortune to watch a game of footy they expect to be entertained, and rightly so.
[/quote]Always been a secondary consideration for me.

“Now that people have to pay a fortune to watch a game of footy they expect to be entertained, and rightly so.

After all, that''s why they go, isn''t it?”

I’m sure supporters of league 1 and 2 teams can’t wait for an afternoon of entertainment

I was more concerned at how we were second to every ball and couldn''t string 2 passes together.
We barely played the ball on the deck all day, had we done that with some accuracy, pace and intent we''d have torn them apart.

When people went to a derby to "be entertained".

Entertained for every minute through the years. Loved singing and chanting naughty things about their players etc.

Used to love spreading rumours about players like Davies and Curran unhappy and rumoured to be heading to Suffolk.

Best moment has to be getting off the train in 1972 after winning 2-1 there, and drinking in the pub that used to be by the bridge and I can''t for the life of me think of it.

[quote user="Making Plans"]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]When people went to a derby to "be entertained".

What a world...[/quote]
Things have moved on old boy.
[/quote]

Nope in modern football you go to see your team win. We’re you happy when we lost 4 3 to wba ? Nope