Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

An ok performance

Yesterday was not a good performance but it was ok. A point away is acceptable in a season where staying in this division is the main objective. This squad is as I keep saying a lower mid table squad so I do not expect much in games but we are showing fight. This will be needed in the coming games.

Interesting view from the Guardian...

''In truth, neither team looks remotely equipped to bother the promotion challengers and both looked exactly what they are: mediocre second-tier sides in flux, with new relationships yet to be perfected but no sign of the presence or cutting edge possessed by the best at this level. Both were denuded of key players over the summer; both are, in different ways, rebuilding and the only sure conclusion can be that East Anglian football has seen far better days than this.''

I think we are better than that, whilst hardly likely to trouble the top six in the near future.

It must be a PinkUn trait, or even the Norfolk way, to continually belittle our own.

Hyper critique is all very well but perhaps we should take a leaf from the binner book over this one. Most on TWTD continually blow up their own players out of all proportion.

It does mean that they continually end up with egg on their faces, like yesterday''s result, but it''s a more fun approach than constant negativity.

[quote user="mr footy"]Yesterday was not a good performance but it was ok. A point away is acceptable in a season where staying in this division is the main objective. This squad is as I keep saying a lower mid table squad so I do not expect much in games but we are showing fight. This will be needed in the coming games.[/quote]

It’s not acceptable that expectations have already been lowered to “staying in this division” and that is blindly accepted by so many in our fan base. This board get it so easy it’s untrue.

Unless there is a change in the club''s financial situation we should not expect top six for some years.It will take four seasons at least for this system to work properly.

I''ve predicted 12th as our final position. The best teams are a cut above us from what I''ve seen ( esp. Leeds and Boro). Then, we are better than at least 6 to 7 teams and on our day we have the potential to match teams at the top of the table. We just need to find out a settled team and get more consistency.

Now the above means finding out about McLean, Vrancic, Trybull and Buendia to name 4. We have yet to get our midfield right as the engine room.

This system will not work this year or in four years time , we look powderpuff and I don’t see many sides we will beat this season . Club needs to start over with new owners and until that happens we are going nowhere but backwards . Another extract from that Guardian piece said there used to be a chasm between these two sides now there is nothing between them , so to the neutral we are no better than that lot , how low we have sunk in such a short time .

I think once we''ve worked out the best Midfield setup we can potentially do well.

It is getting up and down the field we are missing! - we need a Bradley Johnson or Jonny Howson. In the current squad who are fit we have Attacking Mids and Defensive Mids and nothing in between.

I''m hoping that once fit that Vrancic can be that box to box player we need, as long as we get the end of season Vrancic compared to the early season one!

I hope McLean can play that role well and potentially Thompson can do that tohelp out (although better suited as a DM)

The Problem with having that Box to Box midfielder is who do you drop for them.