Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Message to Daniel

I know you probably don''t look in on this board, but if you do, please take heart from the fact that many people want you to succeed.  There is a minority of people who have it in for the club and it''s owners - and have it in for you and Stuart because you were appointed by them. This is a sad state of affairs and it is largely historical because there are those that have always resented Delia Smith for having the temerity to become the majority shareholder in the first place - and have carried that resentment right the way through  since 1996 ! 
You have been given a task to transform the club from what it was, with a whole plethora of new players last season, a development that is still carrying on with key players being sold and new ones coming in this season.   Congratulations for keeping your cool in spite of the difficulties this whole scenario represents, be assured that many fans support what the club is doing and appreciate the efforts of yourself to get some cohesion and consistency into our football team.  We clearly have some very good players and it will be hoped that as the season progresses they will settle down to the task at hand and we will enjoy better results. 
We know you will be hurting from results like Saturday''s but please keep your enthusiasm and love for the club going, ultimately we all want the same thing - a successful football team and you are better placed to know what to do than fans, some of whom think they have all the answers.
It is what it is - a fantastic football club with great fans - the more sensible fans know it is a long season and that it has only just started.  Others can''t see beyond the length of their noses, but once we get those results going all this negativity will dissipate and things will seem a lot more positive.
Viel Gluck und alles Gute fur den Rest der Fussballsaison!

After the humiliation by Leeds United on Saturday I don''t think that there are many on this forum who are in the mood for such a gushing love in for Daniel Farke.

He''s lost me.

A little of my belief might be rediscovered if we get a good result next week, but I will have grave doubts about it''s longevity.

Such a delightful, sentimental, heartfelt, true and humble written expression, by a well respected and honest NCFC supporter.....I applaud you LDC....

It certainly brought a little tear to my chaps eye.....now, where''s me catch cloth?....

Never in the field of grovelling sycophancy has so much cr@p been written by one plonker.

If the club personnel were to cr@p and pi$$ on you each week LDC I imagine you''d look on it as a great honour.

If ever there was a certainty in all things NCFC related, its that neither Farke or anyone else employed in the more senior positions at the club read this or any other fan related forum.
Relax LDC, he''ll probably be off at the end of the season regardless of what happens between now and May.

I’m sure if this was an open letter to Delia asking her to leave the club, then remarkably it would be seen as the greatest thing since sliced bread and not cringeworthy whatsoever...

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
If ever there was a certainty in all things NCFC related, its that neither Farke or anyone else employed in the more senior positions at the club read this or any other fan related forum.
Relax LDC, he''ll probably be off at the end of the season regardless of what happens between now and May.
[/quote]

No such thing as a certainty.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
[/quote]

I think that’s a naive thing to say. ’d be very very surprised if this forum is not looked at by some of the higher powers that be at NCFC, at least from time to time. No question some of the players do too, if not most.

No different to business owners that keep an eye on their respective Trip Advisors etc.

I’m sure if this was an open letter to Delia asking her to leave the club, then remarkably it would be seen as the greatest thing since sliced bread and not cringeworthy whatsoever...So very true Alex....

Althought here''s greater things than sliced bread.....Smartphones, for starters.....Smash instant potato (loved the adverts)......Penicillin.....The wheel.....Abba.....etc....etc.....etc....

Anyway, LDC has achieved his desired attention seeking impact on a sleepy Bank Holiday Monday.....Reeling more in, as I type.....

I don''t expect DF to read this - it was as much a message for those on here who think that there is only way of looking at things. These are human beings involved at the club, not robots or cardboard cut outs and they need our support, not villifcation. Not a popular view on here, I grant you, but then again, the way I look at things, support is what most people need to succeed.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I’m sure if this was an open letter to Delia asking her to leave the club, then remarkably it would be seen as the greatest thing since sliced bread and not cringeworthy whatsoever...So very true Alex....

Althought here''s greater things than sliced bread.....Smartphones, for starters.....Smash instant potato (loved the adverts)......Penicillin.....The wheel.....Abba.....etc....etc.....etc....

Anyway, LDC has achieved his desired attention seeking impact on a sleepy Bank Holiday Monday.....Reeling more in, as I type.....[/quote]

Haha Mello, I’m sure DF and some other senior figures at the club are all reading this thread on their smartphones whilst eating Smash for lunch and listening to Abba, working out how to reinvent the Norwich wheel 😉

LDC,

‘Many people want him to succeed’, I should imagine we all want him to succeed. However there will be a massive variance on people’s definition of success, for me it would be playing the type of football that makes me want to rush to Carrow Rd every home game. That doesn’t necessarily mean we win every game, that would be the cherry on top, however it does mean I want to be entertained by what I see, currently I am not, and haven’t been for over a season now, and whilst I obviously ‘want’ to go to every game, because I am still finding my backside plonked in my seat for kick –off, unfortunately that is exactly where it stays, very little these days gets me jumping out of it.

More importantly than wanting DF to succeed, I want NCFC to succeed and whilst I held the fervent hope that once appointed he would learn quickly, unfortunately however, IMO he doesn’t appear to be doing so, so if this means a change, then I for one would support that. As to who takes over, well, there are various possibilities and ’I’m savvy enough to know, which ever route is taken will not guarantee improvement but I am also savvy enough to know that for me it can’t get any worse.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
I don''t expect DF to read this - it was as much a message for those on here who think that there is only way of looking at things. These are human beings involved at the club, not robots or cardboard cut outs and they need our support, not villifcation. Not a popular view on here, I grant you, but then again, the way I look at things, support is what most people need to succeed.
[/quote]

Fair do’s to you Lakey. Don’t know what happened to the mythical 10 games everyone was giving DF, that proved to be a bit of b******s didn’t it?, but if we beat Cardiff and then Ipshite, then this will be a very quiet forum next Sunday 😉

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]

Fair do’s to you Lakey. Don’t know what happened to the mythical 10 games everyone was giving DF, that proved to be a bit of b******s didn’t it?, but if we beat Cardiff and then Ipshite, then this will be a very quiet forum next Sunday 😉[/quote]
Yep, there is a fair bit of anger and frustration at the moment, but you have people on here saying they want to be entertained - and it''s funny really, after the reports of the match on Saturday, I was

left with the distinct impression we set out to be attacking and

entertaining and that for the first 20 minutes a least and in some other

parts of the game we looked really good.  People seem to always have

someone to blame or resort to some default attitude when we don''t win.
As you say, win a couple of games and things will look a lot rosier, even to doom mongers.

My name is LDC, and I will talk down to and patronise all my fellow fans that don’t share my obsessive, blind faith approach to supporting NCFC. Those that want a change in ownership and don’t think the sun shines out of Delia’s ar$e are all stupid and wanting to destroy the club, and I’m here to lecture them why they’re wrong.

LDC,

As you only read the reports it is obvious you weren''t in attendance, and that I understand, however speaking as one who is always in attendance I will add the following; on Wednesday it was woeful, possibly the worst 80 minutes I have seen from us for a very long time, yes, due to an injury we were ''forced'' to change formation and we benefitted from that change in the last 10 minutes and that was entertaining. The first 15 minutes or so on Saturday were reasonably encouraging, then as the reports will no doubt have told you, it went pear-shaped.

To be entertained for an entire 90 minutes is, I accept, a pipe dream, however to be moderately entertained for 25 minutes out of 180 (14%) is not what I expect and more importantly IMO the remaining 155 minutes was dire, not sort of OK, but dire.

Finally, I do not mention once what I think of your opinions or post(s), they are yours and I respect that, however I am a little disappointed that you take my sentiments and apply words such as, "People seem to always have someone to blame or resort to some default attitude" to them. No where have I said I blame any one, I do however record what my feelings are and nothing else. And for the record, I do not blame DF, he didn''t appoint himself, nor do I blame Webber for taking a punt, I do however reserve the right to express my feelings on what I pay good money for.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]My name is LDC, and I will talk down to and patronise all my fellow fans that don’t share my obsessive, blind faith approach to supporting NCFC. Those that want a change in ownership and don’t think the sun shines out of Delia’s ar$e are all stupid and wanting to destroy the club, and I’m here to lecture them why they’re wrong.[/quote]
Brilliant misrepresentation of what I think. The joys of social media......
[:|]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]My name is LDC, and I will talk down to and patronise all my fellow fans that don’t share my obsessive, blind faith approach to supporting NCFC. Those that want a change in ownership and don’t think the sun shines out of Delia’s ar$e are all stupid and wanting to destroy the club, and I’m here to lecture them why they’re wrong.[/quote]

The thing is Hoola, if you switch that around then it’s absolutely no different to how the Delia/Webber/Farke outers are with those such as Lakey (and me) that want to support what’s in front of them at the club right now. Nothing to do with Delia etc - If a billionaire owner came in next week then they’d also get the same support from said supporters I’m sure. My point is that it cuts both ways so your comment isn’t the brightest with all due respect.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think LDC represents the majority view of this attending FCR.[/quote] Made my day Highland; first time I''ve ever hoped you were right [:D]

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Toes curling. I’m embarrassed on LDC’s behalf.[/quote]
Not half as toe curling as reading some of the ''Farke out''  nonsense.  If this was a forum just for those that have a grudge to bear then fine, but it isn''t. There is more than one side to an argument and not letting people get away with their onbnoxious views is one of the reasons I still post.  Forums tend to attract those who want to make some kind of noise, quite often negative and derisory at the status quo and usually out of balance with reality - my "message to Daniel" is as much to them as it is to DF.  
In an ideal world, people would accept the present situation and try and be less judgemental about someone who is trying his best to get the players into winning ways.  He may or may not be able to do that, but surely people can see that in the first five league games (and I was at four of those), we have been quite good at times going forwards and scoring goals, we have been poor at the back at times and other times a bit stagnant in the middle of the park.  In other words there has been inconsistency - and consistency is something that will be easier to come by with a couple of good results and the confidence gained from that.