Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Chris Sutton

A little random but will go with it as a former player. According to a study published by totallymoney, Chris Sutton’s proposed move to Blackburn would be £68.6m in today’s climate.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]A little random but will go with it as a former player. According to a study published by totallymoney, Chris Sutton’s proposed move to Blackburn would be £68.6m in today’s climate.[/quote]

Wouldn''t surprise me in the least, if not more. He had close to 30 goals in the top league the season he left, was 21 and English. Thinking back wasn''t it a then British record? i''d see no reason it wouldn''t be close to that now.

Doesn''t change the fact that the amounts are obscene though.

I quite like this idea. It means that Mr Chase would still be here today because he would have completed the stadium, balanced the books and reinvested in quality players to keep the top flight run going.

[quote user="Big Vince"]I quite like this idea. It means that Mr Chase would still be here today because he would have completed the stadium, balanced the books and reinvested in quality players to keep the top flight run going.[/quote]
Lol. You can''t rewrite history. The club would have gone out of business long before Chase could have done anything to put right the finances, the money that was gone, or overspent or whatever spin you want to put on it.  We were broke, kaput, down and out by the end under Chase. Chased the dream until reality caught up with him - and the rest of us.  
Thanks goodness we had Watling and Delia/MJW to save the day and set us back on a path that led to the topflight again and exciting years of success with Worthy and Lambert and developing a forward looking club that is now safe from the likes of owners who might overspend their way to putting the club in jeopardy ever again.
Delia ain''t perfect, but she''s the best we are going to get - at least until some investor comes along that has the right credentials to take the club on, like it or lump it.

[quote user="Big Vince"]So have the Pozzos put Watford in serious jeopardy then?[/quote]

They haven''t overspent, so no. They''ve just ripped the heart and soul out of what was a very big part of the town. I wouldn''t want them or anyone like them near Norwich City, even if it meant constantly being in the PL.

sgncfc wrote the following post at 05/09/2018 5:11 PM:

Big Vince wrote:
So have the Pozzos put Watford in serious jeopardy then?

They haven''t overspent, so no. They''ve just ripped the heart and soul out of what was a very big part of the town. I wouldn''t want them or anyone like them near Norwich City, even if it meant constantly being in the PL.

Ripped the heart and soul so much that their attendances have increased.

LDC wrote

Delia ain''t perfect, but she''s the best we are going to get - at least until some investor comes along that has the right credentials to take the club on, like it or lump it.

You obviously do not attend the AGM''s where MWJ stated he would not sell the club to Indians, Chinese, Foreigners so unless we can dig someone up who is prepared to put money into a mid table Championship Club then Delia will reign till Master Tom has passed his cooking degree

LDC chase might well of overspent but he brought success

Delia and the club would be in a very bad way if we had not sold Murphy and Maddison this season

Delia overspent and took us full circle and was very lucky the club had assets to sell

Now look at us closer to the bottom of championship than the top