Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Steve Foley and Dave Williams

There are two parts to this thread.

To start off, sadly Steve Foley had a heart attack earlier this summer as we all know, but is he back yet and is he going to be able to deal with a whole season while recovering? While thinking about this i thought maybe our very bad start to the season had something to do with Foley not being able to coach the team. This may explain why the team do not seem to have a clue what to do on the pitch.

If this is the case, then surely a good solution to the problem would be for Dave Williams and Foley to swap jobs for a bit. Williams has shown he is a good coach and while Foley is recovering Dave WIlliams can work at the first team. IMO this could be a great idea because the team needs a change and it would be nice to see what DW can do.

what are your thoughts on this?

Firstly I don''t think it was a heart attack Steve Foley had I believe it was an absess on the lung (ouch)!!! so whilst he has obvioulsy been missed pre season I dont think it is something that will hamper him in the future.

Secondly Dave Williams is obviously a good coach, but quite how good whilst he was involved with Manchester United before joining Norwich he had been out of the game for some time.  Maybe the youth team and Wales U-21s is the perfect opportunity for him to kick start his career ready to move on to first team duties at a later date.

[quote]There are two parts to this thread. To start off, sadly Steve Foley had a heart attack earlier this summer as we all know, but is he back yet and is he going to be able to deal with a whole season wh...[/quote]

It definitely wasn''t a heart attack. Something to do with his lungs I think although initially it was feared that he was having a heart attack. While it may have affected his fitness, it shouldn''t hamper his ability to coach!?

I too thought that the Foley illness might have had an effect on the statrt of the season. I understand from Colchester contacts that Foley is very popular with the players.

The Davis Williams point I am not sure on at all. If you all remember he was the coach that joined David Stringers staff when we were doing really well and as he became more of an influence changed us into a ''Ray Wilkens'' style nightmare. This resulted in Stringer eventually resigning. Williams was not successful at either Leeds or Man Utd and was latterly a driving instructor apparently until being rescued by Norwich.