Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Glaring evidence as to why Worthington's not the man for the job.....

“The quality of our football so far has been very good at times" - When?  I must have been in the toilet at the time.  If he really thinks that then we are in trouble.  The man really worries me.

I also have absolutely no faith in his dealings in the transfer market.  Ian Pearce?  Another average journeyman.  Is this the height of his expectations and aspirations.  He should be looking at players like Calum Davernport, even if he didn''t secure his services I would at least feel confident that he''s targetting the sort of quality that''s needed.

[quote]“The quality of our football so far has been very good at times" - When? I must have been in the toilet at the time. If he really thinks that then we are in trouble. The man really worries me. I a...[/quote]

I haver to agree I have not seen a huge amount of quality but some examples stand out, Hughes cross and ashtons goal against palace, marneys cross and ashons header against coventry, leons goal against crewe, Greens saves in those games, hux for about 20 mins each game and safris performances in central midfield - have all been examples of very good quality.

But I agree that from 6 games of football that doesn ot add up to anywhere near enough!

As far as Ian Pearce is concerned he is experienced at the top level and Iwas surprised he was only 31.  However I have never had the impression that he is a leader of the back four and to me that is what we need in a partner for shackell more than anything, and so that is the skill we need to sign with any loanee.   A bit of the donowa being nutured by the channon type scenario...

With the type of physical football we are facing is a davenport/shackell partnership robust of experienced enough to cope for the season?  

Doc stood upwell to the leeds aerial threat, in the absence of anyone else give him a go with shacks - its not that the defence can get any worse is it?

OTBC

Ian Pearce was only a rumour, don''t believe anyone at the club went on record and confirmed.
Calum davenport is more travelled than your average away season ticket holder, not the man for us.

[quote]Ian Pearce was only a rumour, don''t believe anyone at the club went on record and confirmed. Calum davenport is more travelled than your average away season ticket holder, not the man for us.[/quote]

And Jeffers ?

Really though, you do have to wonder about some of these "targets", official or rumoured.

Personally, I wouldn''t want any of "the names" I''ve seen doing the rounds